Home

Who's better?

CloneCommanderC

Well, I really hope EU or something expand on things a bit on the color scheme(s) of CIS.

While they have only one scheme most of the time, we do not have a chance to see them functioning in other planets for real. while CIS's color is almost "multi-camo" I would expact them to have a different color on places like snow-planet??

I agree with PoiuyWired. The SBDs should be a lot tougher. After all, they're supposed to be better than regular troopers. The SBDs in Republic Commando are a good exaple of how much better the SBDs are than the regular battle droids. I'm not saying that they should be that different healthwise, but the SBDs should definitly be tougher.

Seriously, the original battledroid sucks. I mean, you already have it as the marine class and the SBD isn't dispensed so rarely that it can't be a "grunt" class.

Also, Republic Commando>>>Battlefront1+2.

It's not fair to compare those two games in the same sentance. Everything in that game is far too good. Heck, in that, SBDs were 9 foot tall, came with sheilds and were tanks!

Now, RC have its problems too...

That game is basically multi-player hostile... the single player is great though.

That having said, the firepower and toughness of some stuff are jacked up soooo high. Yes it makes for an interesting game, but making SBDs tougher than Droidekas is a bit too much.

Not to mention the infinite revive ability of those RCs and the autokill(almost) melee ability of your followers.

Ok, rents aside, I think SBDs should at least be a bit tougher than what they are ... aned SHOULD NOT be a grunt class. Magna guards would need a total revemp to make them fit the story though.

Once again, I agree with PoiuyWired. The magna guards do need a total revemp in order make them fit the story. I think that they should be something like the jedi in the Knightfall and Imperial Diplomacy levels. I won't make the comparison to RC, if you know what I mean. lol

Once again, I agree with PoiuyWired. The magna guards do need a total revemp in order make them fit the story. I think that they should be something like the jedi in the Knightfall and Imperial Diplomacy levels. I won't make the comparison to RC, if you know what I mean. lol

I beg the differ. I am personally fine with them. They are still rather effective.

But, they should have Electrostaffs and made more of a melee-type unit.

who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively) sure, its fun to sit behind a wall on mos eisly launching mortars in the air. never know, withh FF on you migh get a kill (-). and rockets... from pistols? common sense will never prevail!!!!! mwahahahahahaa

Well, I tend to buy games to play on my own. Otherwise, why not just copy Valve and just make it download only if it's only saving grace is that it's playable online?

Anyway, an autokill melee is pretty popular in Halo, no? I tend to like the revive ability, it's amusing, although sometimes it does get over used.

But I'm still a fan of an SBD as grunt class, because they aren't special enough to be "special." The Destroyer owns them in HP and Firepower for a start.

If anything, Stormtroopers are too rubbish to be a grunt class by your logic.

who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively)

I play a lot of Galactic Conquest so I'm usually playing with all the classes. I found the Magna Guard to be quite effective in the close quarter areas of Polis Massa shooting down the long halls. I also like to use it on Kamino shooting down the ramps. The problem with the Magna Guard is the quick use of the ammo. On the maps I know I'm going to use him, I'll buy the supply bonus so it has extra ammo. On Kamino, I'll camp near an ammo droid. I've used Magna Guard a few times on Dagobah and am starting to like it there also, problem is though, once again, quick use of ammo.

Well, I really hope EU or something expand on things a bit on the color scheme(s) of CIS.

While they have only one scheme most of the time, we do not have a chance to see them functioning in other planets for real. while CIS's color is almost "multi-camo" I would expact them to have a different color on places like snow-planet??

come on guys the CIS dont have THAT much spare paint to paint there droids.

who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively) sure, its fun to sit behind a wall on mos eisly launching mortars in the air. never know, withh FF on you migh get a kill (-). and rockets... from pistols? common sense will never prevail!!!!! mwahahahahahaa

I use them. The "Bulldog" is rather effective when you aim for the enemies feet and fire. It creates a sonicboom and takes 'em out. IMO, there better the Imp Oficer at least.

They definitely can be used effectively. I just think that they could have made them fit the story better. Maybe they could have been fighting alongside Grievous in the Underground Ambush level, or maybe they could have been commanders in the Mustafar level. Something like that?

Archived