Home

Gerbil and badrelgnsf comedy hour

badrelgnsf

Hey I would like to report that I have the Nocturnals comic and it's ****. THere's not even a story by Steve Purcell in it. He didn't do anything but do an illustration on the back cover and design the inside cover pages with the credits. (Which are just composed of pieces of his back cover illustration.) So avoid it.

LOOK BACK AT MY FIRST POSTS

I said it was the back cover AND the inside back cover ONLY. This is purcell at his finest. That style of his is known as toybox and is some of the best work esp the lil doll. If you had half a brain about purcells work you would know that. With this train of thought you would avoid the monkey island paintings as well as the infamous maniac mansion family painting both of which can be found at mixnmojo. Call yourself a fan, bah.

If anyone needs real info just email me, I know purcell and have a good rep with him. Hit me up, badrelgnsf@yahoo.com

I RECOMMEND the nocturnals comic JUST for the art on the back and inside back. I wish he would do more of the toybox work.

QUOTE : So like, when you get Steve's dick out of your ass, maybe you can come back and have a civil conversation about pointless things like comic books.

Yea im the child :p

QUOTE : Also on your first post about the Nocturnals comic, you said "He did great art on this." That is very uninformative, that didn't actually spell out in words that there was no comic to be seen. I don't know why you have to act like a child about it. Funny how I proceeded to ask what the Nocturnals comic after that and still I was not replied to UNTIL I told everyone to avoid it.

Urmm hey ... this is a quote from my post up deir ^^

Nocturnals Troll bridge (Back cover)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...turnalsBack.jpg

evil and groovy :p love the toybox stuff

say anything about how great the comic is ? didnt think so :p

QUOTE : Sounds like you really wanted to claim some ground there for whatever reason that internet makes people like you act like this. Also I would like to point out that repeatedly E-mailing Steve Purcell until he sends you stuff doesn't put you in "good rep." Sort of creepy actually.

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.

QUOTE: So calm down a little bit and try again. I am allowed to say what I want for paying for a comic that only has one illustration and no COMIC. I would even go as far as to say I would be allowed to speak my opinion about the comic even if I didn't own the comic or had the intention of reading it. It doesn't make me less intelligent or ignorant of anything. Or even unable to appreciate artwork. ("The Toybox style" huh? Whatever.)

In the thread we were talking about other purcell art AND comics. I said he had sent me this comic and that the backside art was GREAT, never did I say he did the entire comic nor did I say I found the series or that specific comic to be great. Just that art and style of his I find refreshing from the sam & max stuffs. If you dont know about toyboxx im sorry, seems you shouldnt be collecting purcells stuff. Just stick to sam and max and Ill keep the "dick in my ass" , as you so firmly put it. damn thats a great pun, dick ,ass, firmly put it. sigh :p In the end remember I never said for anyone to go out and get this comic, I told everyone in this post that it was ONLY the BACK COVER :p you then stated WOW WTF OMG its only the back cover like you were in shock or something. Mabye you need glasses ? Idk Until next retort,

It seems you are the only one with the attitude. Im 30 married with a 5 year old kid if you must know. You told this forum not to buy that comic cause it wasnt worth it. I simply said it was, nothing else about it. If you read all your posts in many other threads you always have attitude. My advice is to check yourself. I never said anything about "if you dont like toybox you cant like sam and max" thats your bs paradigm. I stated the comic wasnt his and that he just did the art, and if you like just his art buy it. Its you who flammed different. Im done with your arrogant ass.

XD lol, Sean, what's that with you and the how-old-are-you-question-and-do-you-really-believe-that-gives-you-authority-thinger?

I mean, you really need to relax a bit about that one.

On a sidenote, before we can call this a flamewar, we need more censor skirting and at least one of the words dumb****, dickhead or something I can't seem to think of right now.

^^

Exactly how I see you, childish and foreign, so in the end were like mad twins with different parents, in other words almost brothers but not related, huh? Except maybe, I'd always assumed you'd be near somewhat the 53, man, anything else'd be a lie I wouldn't believe anyways. You simply cannot trust teh Intarweb, y'know?

Hmm. I'm unsure, should we now hug each other or somethin'?

• 3 weeks later...

enough of this bull**** fellas.

it basically comes down to.

Spiffy or sean or whatever bought this nocturnal's comic, expecting some more steve purcell work in it then what really is in it. Regardless of what bad religion said about it. He also personally wasn't feeling the little purcell artwork that is actually in it. He's entitled to his opinion and to express it. this is a message board afterall.

Bad religion was offended that his statement about this comic was either misunderstood, overlooked or ignored. and decided to call gerbil out on this one and to inform others that he feels he isn't right.

it is what it is. leave it alone.

on another note. I'm going to call Bad religion out with my personal issue.

I've repeatedly emailed you from day 1 when you offered to sell someone your Purcell swag. and i've gotten no response. Whether you were interested or not, you should have let me know. I thought okay, maybe this guy is inactive. But to see you come on here, post your email once again and see you active, well, confuses me. Since you've made enough effort to respond and post to spiffy over here, i think you should clear some **** up with me.

Archived