Home

Rebal Campaign strange ending (spoiler)

Wiz33

I had the last battle at Yavin with all the heros (Han and Luke in space and Mothma and Driods on surface). The enemy fleet cames in and I get the countdown clock. I almost finsihed the Imperial fleet as time runs out (I think I was just about to blow up the last ship). It then switch to the cut scence with the Deathstar firing at Yavin and blowing it up. I thought I lost the game as Mon Mothma was on the surface. But than I get a "Victory" message and it cuts to Luke firing on the Deathstar and blowing it up and then we proceed to the whole award ceremony as seen at the end of Ep IV.

All in all, I'm a bit disappointed at the rebal campaign. The first part is great and was paced fairly well up to the point of recovering the Data at Curolag (sp). But it seems really rushed once Han recover the data to build Mon Calamari crusier, The was no mention of Luke or Obi-wan or the Force, just a bit of voiceover on how they lost Capt Antilles and then the Deathstar shows up to destroy Aldereen and thing just most really fast to the end where Luke (suddenly now in Red Squadron), Han and the Driods just pop up at Yavin.

Even if it's hard to do the story of Ep IV in the game but Skipping from Leia's capture to the Battle of Yavin without at least a bit of cut scence to introduce Luke and Obi-wan and set them off to Rescue Leia was really disappointing.

I had the last battle at Yavin with all the heros (Han and Luke in space and Mothma and Driods on surface). The enemy fleet cames in and I get the countdown clock. I almost finsihed the Imperial fleet as time runs out (I think I was just about to blow up the last ship). It then switch to the cut scence with the Deathstar firing at Yavin and blowing it up. I thought I lost the game as Mon Mothma was on the surface. But than I get a "Victory" message and it cuts to Luke firing on the Deathstar and blowing it up and then we proceed to the whole award ceremony as seen at the end of Ep IV.

All in all, I'm a bit disappointed at the rebal campaign. The first part is great and was paced fairly well up to the point of recovering the Data at Curolag (sp). But it seems really rushed once Han recover the data to build Mon Calamari crusier, The was no mention of Luke or Obi-wan or the Force, just a bit of voiceover on how they lost Capt Antilles and then the Deathstar shows up to destroy Aldereen and thing just most really fast to the end where Luke (suddenly now in Red Squadron), Han and the Driods just pop up at Yavin.

Even if it's hard to do the story of Ep IV in the game but Skipping from Leia's capture to the Battle of Yavin without at least a bit of cut scence to introduce Luke and Obi-wan and set them off to Rescue Leia was really disappointing.

Losing Mon Mothma isn't a problem in the Death Star mission, all you have to do is stop the death star at all costs, if I were you I would have moved all non-essential personel once I knew which planet the death star was heading to.

Obviously Petroglyph didn't want to burden you with un-needed story because you obviously would already know why everyone ends up on Yavin. I don't know about you but I want to play the game, not force fed stuff that I already know.

well to be fair, in terms of the whole "rebellion," luke/han do kinda just "show up" at Yavin, it wouldn't make sense to have any of their trials and tribulations on the rebel side. (though I have heard they show up in the imp side, haven't played it yet)

No I am with Wiz33 here, I dont like the fact that the death star gets the shot off. I think they need to change that. If the empire does not kill red squadron before the counter gets to zero then Luke should get his proton topedo run off in time and save the planet.

or atleast it should not be able to fire until the space battle is over.

Archived