Home

Saves not saving-Mp

TheGreenGoblin

I've been having a similar problem in SP (version 1.02 of the game). It happens after playing the game a while. The longer I play the longer it takes to make each save (as the savefiles keep growing in size) and eventually the game will stop saving. Looking at the saves directory it creates a zero-byte file. Exiting the game completely (or killing the process if the game has hung) and then reloading the last (good) save allows me to continue playing as normal -- for a while (until the problem occurs again). Reloading savegames makes the problem occur quickly. For me, reloading 3-4 times is enough to crash the game with an exception. The game has a very serious memory leak that is killing the save/restore game code or data areas.

yeah I have been having this problem as well. First time it ever happenend to me was today. Me and my brother were playing on the LAN and the saves used to work and we had a really big game going, and then the save disappeared. Can't wait for the next patch, hopefully it'll address this, along with the "password does not match email address" issue when one tries to register. However the save still exists as ive found it in the single player mode, when it asks you to save.

Just posted a similar issue b4 I noticed this thread. It's the same kind of problem but with SP mode.

When attempting to save a game, there's a long wait followed by a message telling you that save has failed and to check your disk space. This will also obliterate your previous save if you overwrite it. At this time, I don't know if this problem extends to autosave.

I noticed this first happened towards the end of Han Solo's quest to rescue the wookies. I also noticed that the time to save was getting longer and longer. I managed to complete it but then the problem continues when into the galactic map.

Is there a workaround for this bug or is it time to sit tight and wait for another patch?

And what did they say when you mentioned this? Because I'm having this problem in single play - I can't even get past about 4 freaking planets before my save get gets to about 67 Mb in size, and then just completely times out. It's ridiculous. I'm not sure how they could ever get this through testing with such a fatal bug. Didn't anyone ever actually play the game all the way through, saving and loading, before the game went gold? Amazing...

And what did they say when you mentioned this? Because I'm having this problem in single play - I can't even get past about 4 freaking planets before my save get gets to about 67 Mb in size, and then just completely times out. It's ridiculous. I'm not sure how they could ever get this through testing with such a fatal bug. Didn't anyone ever actually play the game all the way through, saving and loading, before the game went gold? Amazing...

mabe the patch caused this issue?

Archived