Home

Why doesn't Exile recognize...? (spoiler)

zadi

Bastila from the holovid in T3's memory or the holovid on Korriban? (She appears as both, as many of us already know when you choose a male Revan.) Obviously she recognizes Bastila in the Sith tomb trial when s/he (Exile) is talking to Malak.

I've never been able to figure that one out. The only thing I can come up with is that the Bastila in the Sith tomb trial is supposed to look younger than the Bastila in the holos. Therefore the Exile would recognize the young Bastila but not the older one? Also the Bastila in the holocron should be showing the effects of the DS so... **shrug**

Bastila from the holovid in T3's memory or the holovid on Korriban? (She appears as both, as many of us already know when you choose a male Revan.) Obviously she recognizes Bastila in the Sith tomb trial when s/he (Exile) is talking to Malak.

Actually you can get a Bastila hologram if you choose a female Revan, if you chose Revan turned to the Dark Side.

The Tomb Scene is odd and contradictory as a whole. Bastila shouldn't be there at all, since she, in her own words in the first game, was too young at the time to have anything to do with the Mandalorian Wars. And certainly not old enough to lecture a Knight on what they should do, which for some annoying reason the Exile can say in that scene. :roleyess: (I'd guess the developers were a bit too eager to throw in a cameo from the first game there.)

Disregarding of the tomb illusion, it wouldn't be so strange if the Exile didn't recognize her. The Jedi Order had thousands of members at the time, so I doubt all Jedi would know each other. Especially since Bastila was just an apprentice at the time.

This is topic is an interesting one to think about. It's possible that Obsidian didn't realize it when making the game. Who knows. Remember the game was rushed and had lots of bugs because of it and that could include the storyline.

Well, there is a choice saying "Wait, bastila is not there..." or something... which is basically a fact

I think Bastila might be well known in the Jedi circles due to her ability, though it won't be strange if Exile have forgotten her face, since he didn't know here well, really.

If the tomb is something that calls up subconscious thinking, then her image might have shown up, even though Exile forgot bastila's face/body/boobies in a conscious level.

Well, there is a choice saying "Wait, bastila is not there..." or something... which is basically a fact

I think Bastila might be well known in the Jedi circles due to her ability, though it won't be strange if Exile have forgotten her face, since he didn't know here well, really.

If the tomb is something that calls up subconscious thinking, then her image might have shown up, even though Exile forgot bastila's face/body/boobies in a conscious level.

The problem as I see it with that scene is, aside from the fact that Bastila had nothing to do with the Mandalorian Wars, that the Exile has no real reason to even know who Bastila is. (We as players do, since she was the main character of the first game, but the Exile as a character does not, since she was away from civilization during the Republic vs. Sith war.)

During the Mandalorian Wars, Bastila was a young teenager apprentice. At that time, according to her own words in the first game, her Battle Meditation skills had not yet manifested themselves. Before the Exile was exiled, Bastila would have been just another young apprentice in the Order among hundreds or thousands others in her position.

And after the Exile was exiled, she had no contact with the Jedi Order, purposefully distancing herself from them. At the start of the game the Exile didn't know what the Order had been up to in her absence, thus she shouldn't be aware of Bastila's rise to Jedi fame during the war against Revan.

The only way I can see that the Exile would know who Bastila was would be if Bastila trained under her tutelage at some point at the Dantooine Academy before the Exile joined the war.

The only way I can see that the Exile would know who Bastila was would be if Bastila trained under her tutelage at some point at the Dantooine Academy before the Exile joined the war.

Which is entirely possible, since wouldn't Mical and Bastila be about the same age?

Bastila was a Padawan throughout KotOR, actually. But yes, Mical was younger - he says himself that he was just a young child. According to my calculations, Bastila was about 13-15 during the time of the Mandalorian Wars (assuming of course that Revan was approx 20, a full padawan, instead of an apprentice).

That would make Mical anywhere from, 2, the age at which the average child is taken to the Order, and 10, a logical point for which hopefull apprentices are selected by as master, seeing as how the Jedi Council said that Anakin was too old to be trained, at that age of 10.

I thought the max. age for a youngling to be chosen as a Padawan was 13 because I read the Jedi Apprentice series and it said that if Obi-wan reached 13, then he'd really be too old. Thirteen was the age when padawans left the temple and if not chosen sent to use their talents on other worlds like the Agri-Corps. Of course the games are 4,000 before this so it may not necessarily apply.

(900th post! WooHoo!!)

Bastila was a Padawan throughout KotOR, actually. But yes, Mical was younger - he says himself that he was just a young child. According to my calculations, Bastila was about 13-15 during the time of the Mandalorian Wars (assuming of course that Revan was approx 20, a full padawan, instead of an apprentice).

That would make Mical anywhere from, 2, the age at which the average child is taken to the Order, and 10, a logical point for which hopefull apprentices are selected by as master, seeing as how the Jedi Council said that Anakin was too old to be trained, at that age of 10.

So, if Femme Exile would be Canon, we would get a milf jedi at best, and an aged saggy old nag at worse... not the best choice for a main character.

That makes that stupid mical guy(if you can even call him a guy) even more creepy... hmmm... weirdo milf diver.

No way, ok maybe if the PC is female but if the PC is male there's no way he could have forgotten what Bastila looks like. In your words her face/body/boobies are hard to forget...

Oh and Exile said something like: Bastila didnt join us at that time. She believed the council and blamed us for joining you.

So, if Femme Exile would be Canon, we would get a milf jedi at best, and an aged saggy old nag at worse... not the best choice for a main character.

That makes that stupid mical guy(if you can even call him a guy) even more creepy... hmmm... weirdo milf diver.

MILF title can't be applied to Exile if she's never been married or had kids. ;) Demi Moore is her hubby's MILF which is creepy in it's own right. (NOT)

Actually you can get a Bastila hologram if you choose a female Revan, if you chose Revan turned to the Dark Side.

Actually, gender doesn't have a bearing on the Bastila holocron on Korriban, but the only way to see her in person is to choose the canonical LSM Revan.

didn't Mical say that he wanted the exile to be his master in k2 or did i just imagine that?

In a roundabout way he did. He talked to her about the Jedi who was to become his master and left for the wars but he discusses in two ways - one is that the Master who left was to be his and wasn't the Exile then he later says it was Exile.

Did you mod your game, RH? In the carthend.dlg file, after Carth tells the Exile to have a safe journey, it says '{[Gameplay Programmer: Carth says the above line after the door closes. If Revan was male, then this sequence continues, else it dead-ends.]}', and there's a script to check Revan's gender at that line.

Archived