Home

does any one know where i can find....

EAWFAN

i have been trying to find a converter that convertes most file types(avi,wmv,m4v,mpeg,vob,etc) to mp4 for my video ipod. i have searched the internet for 36 hours so far this weekend and have found nothing that is free and the stuff that is free says trial version in the center of it :smash: . i have also unforunatly got a virus :smash: from a falty converter that i downloaded off of limewire and that is one of the reasons i havent released my new mod because it also effected my router. if any one knows of a converter for my needs that is FREE and not a trial version please post a link. thanks EAWFAN

Well I have bad news for you. I, too am a owner of an iPod and ran into the same problem. Firstly, your trying to convert to mp3 format.

But you legally can't do this. Music formats are seperated for a reason. The only way to get music for your iPod is to rip it off a CD using iTunes or to buy from iTunes. You can't convert other files to mp3.

You can burn the files you want to convert to a CD and then rip it using iTunes if you really wanted to convert, but this takes a ton of time. But it is the only work around I know of.

I think he's talking about converting video files for his iPod video.

Well, as sad as it is, you have to get Quicktime Pro. Quicktime Pro will encode your file so that the iPod can play it. I haven't heard of any other way.

Fork out some money for that program and thank Apple for that bright idea :)

Opps... No wonder he didnt say mp3 :p

P.S. Sorry about the edit LIAYD, I accidently pushed edit instead of quote lol. But I corrected my mistake :D

I dont know much about H264 but I know it also supports mp4(like the psp)

in any event - here are some options

*Videora Ipod Video Converter Made by the same crowd who made the comparable application for PSP(which also supports mp4)

*The guts of the above application is actually MS very own Windows Media Encoder. It is of course FREE :)

*CloneDVD Mobile Free trial only :( just threw it in as alot of people I know are saying nice things about it :)

*TmpgEnc Great guides available at http://www.videohelp.com

anyway, googlism is your friend :) I knew this stuff from my psp adventures, but it's all pretty easy to find out....I cant believe you didnt come across at least Videora, WME or TMPG as freeware after 36 hours of searching !!! You need to improve your googling skills !!!! What a mammoth waste of time !

mtfbwya

Archived