Home

Should influence be in K3?

Clone L68362

Do you want KOTOR 3 to have the influence system again?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want KOTOR 3 to have the influence system again?

• Yes, it was creative and I like getting stuff for it
    • No, it was a pain and made the game more complicated
    • Yes, but only if they make it way better

Influence should be more complex and transparent (no more pop ups just do it in dialogue), there should be no right or wrong answers and with a high enough charisma level (as an aid, not necessarily a deciding factor) you should be able to, with time, change anyone's opinion. You should be able to change someone’s mind without her or him actually liking you more at the end of the conversation, I’ve won quite a few arguments that didn’t end with the other party liking me more but I did convince them to see things my way.

Companions should also be able to lie to you and you should be able to catch them at it with a high enough awareness/intelligence.

Hellz ya. But they need to fix it so that if you have little influence, the character doesn't just say "Yes, General?", and you can only say "Never mind."........

Correct!!! That was so frustrating, and when you've finished their influence quest which most times was early in the game then your party doesn't speak to you for the rest.

It's a very interesting feature and one worthy of at least trying to work the bugs of inconsistency out. A bit of refinement could go a long way.

Characters should behave according to their alignment and personality.

A ruthless, darkside bounty hunter probably isn't very polite.

Unless, of course, your lightside influence (over time) has changed him/her.

...or vice versa.

These subtle changes in character should be prevelant and noticeable during gameplay.

The influence system just needs a little polish, also they need to have parts of the NPC's dialog story done like it was in KotOR I (you got them as you progressed the story) and parts that can only be unlocked by influence.

Then you don't get all the NPC's dialogue at once, and get bonus tidbits from your influence on them as well.

The only other thing that needs a little tweaking is alignment based dialog responses, like if you corrupt a basic LS NPC to the DS they need to have DS dialog comments instead when you do things in the game.

All just small tweaks and nothing too impossible to do either.

Basically it isn't the Influence system that needs any adjustment, just the usage of it by the game and the dialogues that does.

^ Nailed it.

-& saves me some typing for once ;)-

I think influence was one of the few things that made KOTOR 2 worth the money, and that made me wonder how I had ever enjoyed KOTOR 1 without it.

The one thing I disliked about KOTOR 2, I think, was that new covnersation options didn't come up enough. In KOTOR 1, I'd have Canderous tell me a war story, leave, beat a planet, and when I returned he'd tell me another. In KOTOR 2, I barely even knew my characters and before I managed to gain any influence with Bao-Dur I had won the game. :mad:

One of the things I thought about that needs fixing is simply the process of gaining influence. Say I'm a LS Exile, and I want influence with HK-47, I would need to act DS, lose LS points, but gain influence with HK, and even then HK gets more LS, even though I AGREED with his DS beliefs.

Huh, on a sidenote it looks like I should get a different avatar...

As with some of the opinions above me, yes, I like the influence system - but really, they need to fix up the dialogue that comes with the influence gains so it can be a bit more valuable. What I'd prefer is a cross between the influence and the "once-I-Level-up-my-NPCs-tell-me-their-backstories" systems together. I'll explain more later.

Archived