Home

Finished Rebellion on Hard... Kudos Patroglyph...

Nakatomi2010

You know what I like best about the ending for the Rebellion? Petroglyph didn't go "Hey, LucasArts has access to the LucasFilm movie database, which houses the original trilogy by George Lucas... Let's use the ending from that"... No instead Petroglyph went in and made an ending themselves with their cinematic camera, and while it wasn't the prettiest, it was MOST satisfying....

Also, in other news I ambushed the Deathstar... :)

It moved into position over Taris and I tried 3 times to go in and take it out by flying from Endor to Taris, failing twice and giving up on the third, I re-loaded from a save game prior to the attack and launched a counter attack on Bestine, which I had lost space control over, but kept planetary control twice... I let the computer win that fight for me, the loses were acceptable, 7 frigates, some fighters, a Mon Cal, nothing TOO important considering I had taken out 32 VSDs....

Shortly after this though the AI decided to attack Endor, which had 2 Assault Frigates and 3 Corvettes, my standard compliment of defensive units, nothing grandiose, but enough to slow down an encroaching enemy... Once the AI made the move I made use of the Hyperspace corridor linking Atzerri, Eriadu and Corellia as I recall, and massed a large fleet at Endor, including Red Squadron, and when the Empire arrived.... Well, let's just say that Ackbar himself would've proclaimed "It's a Trap" had the roles reversed.... The Death Star timer went into a count down before it was due to clear the planet, and the damn game only gave me FIFTEEN seconds to destroy the fleet before Planetary destruction!!!! The bright side though is that despite only being given 15 seconds to destroy the fleet I was able to finish the fight and still let Red Squadron win the day for the Rebellion....

The irony in all of this though, and I only realize it now, is that I ambushed the Empire at Endor!

Archived