Home

In game slowdowns... not hardware related?

Sharkims

I'm curious if everyone gets some serious slow downs in space battles especially.

My hardware should be MORE than satisfactory at handling the game...

A64 X2 4400+

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

2 x 1gb PC3200 OCZ 3-3-3-8

2 x 7800GT (in SLI of course :p)

2 x 36gb raptor in raid0 (game is on here)

X-FI XTreme music

DSL - 7000/1000mbps

Yet... I still get hardcore slowdowns in MP. This slowdown does include, LAN and online.

I found a way to cure slowdown in space battles. I think it has to do with unit pathfinding. press ctrl-A to select all of your units and press the stop button on the user interface and the game instantly gets smoother.

seems to be an issue with disabled units hit by the planetary ion cannon unable to move lagging the game if you give them a move order

Thats just my guess

Edit: I've read that USB devices, like a mouse, may interfere with performance in the game. Try removing anything USB. Also check out LucasArts.com for more suggestions. Judging by the FAQ section, there are lots of compatibility issues with different input devices. I've never seen a game that was so picky about the computer it's running on.

Turn off fire wall, update drivers, turn off antivirus, open ports on the router, unpug USB, unplug joystick/game pad, don't run Nero in the background, hold your left eye with your right hand while inserting the disk, and poke out your tounge while starting the game. ...And it MAY work.

Actually I've had prety good luck so far, but I did have to replace my DVD player to read the disk, it only crashes once in a long while, and the slowdowns are only a little annoying. It's still a fun game to play.

• 2 weeks later...

this game is so cool but it's basically unplayable once I use the ion cannon on a star destroyer. It just starts this hitching lag thing that won't quit until the ion cannon effect wears off. This has to be a bug. I've tried various combinations of graphic settings to no avail.

I just scanned the cargo with Han and Chewie, but now I have to stop playing until a resolution is found...

Now I have Space Battles slowdown every 15-20 seconds, after 50 turns (Galactic days). I have only 26 tasks in background (WinXp with SP2).

My specs:

AMD 4000+

2 GB Ram

GeForce 7800GTX

Creative X-Fi Fatality.

Koci

Alright...this is not working for me. It's not the ion cannon after all. It just starts happening all the time now...

A system with my specs should NOT have problems with this game. The fact that it is perfectly smooth when paused tells me there is something wrong with the ****ing game...

I should also mention that it matters not if I turn everything down to zero, I mean all graphic options.

I figured it out. It's the 1.2 patch....

I installed the game on my second machine and loaded my last save and it was awesome. I then installed the 1.2 patch, loaded the same save, and it was ****ed. So I uninstalled the game from my primary machine, re-installed, skipped the patching, loaded the save...and it was perfect.

Fix the goddamned patch, guys...

Archived