Home

Multiplayer Spamming, Flaming, etc. Online administrators??

kadann

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but seems as good as any.

This spamming is starting to get pretty bad. Not only do people just spam, now there are people spitting out racial slurs and threatening other players.

Where are all the administrators for this game? Is there anyone enforcing the ToS? Who do we contact if we are witnessing this type of activity?

I really hope people are reviewing the chat logs and deny access to those that are doing this sort of inappropriate behavior. One place they can start is at 9:30pm MST til 10:00pm MST today.

An ignore and report option would be really nice. :)

Thanks for your time,

Kadann

Guest DarthMaulUK

This is what happens when Gamespy is used. Its the worlds worst online gaming zone. I really dont understand why developers and publishers use it. The MSN Gaming zone at least was a decent place to go and their M+ soon put an end to any issues.

There is a chat Mod in Empire at war but doesnt do anything. There is now also a Mod in Dawn of War, who, yes, youve guessed it, doesnt do anything. Just for show maybe?

I was disgusted at what I saw last night in the chat lobby and if anyone has any screenshots, please send them to me as I will be in contact with gamespy as last night was a disgrace.

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...

It is so bad, I have a 2 month old now and think differently. if I had a child playing this game online, I would have to make noise.

Isnt there a way to play multiplayer IP to IP? I have to admit I have not looked deep into that subject yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that's worse than the spamming, flaming, and downright mental poop in the game lobby is when you get hooked up with one of those clowns in a game. I went into the arena profiles and gave a very negative feedback response the the offending player, but I don't think that will make any difference.

If I were a Petroglyph executive/employee, I'd seriously consider a law suite. This is clearly a case of gross neglegence. The case would be open and shut, and the money from the decision against Gamespy could go towards the expansion/sequel.

DMUK, this thread should be renamed "Multiplayer Spamming, Flaming, etc.."

Hmm, I don't know about other people's experiences, but I remember my brother and I had some interesting experiences on the MSN Gaming Zone for JK1/MotS back in the day (circa 1999-2001). Sys ops would periodically ban people for small infractions while ignoring people who spammed racial insults or homosexual insults, etc. They played favorites and got into people's proverbial faces. The complaints area had a long line and most of the time your browser would crash or you'd give up after waiting so long (or they'd give you 2 seconds to respond and then move to the next person in the queue so if you were distracted for a second you wouldn't get your complaint in). Maybe that's changed since those days, but I really got disgusted with "The Zone" and basically gave up on it back then. Their software seemed very unstable as it had to be updated every week, and yet the quality of the interface seemed not to really improve significantly despite all the updates. mIRC it was not...

But, maybe things have changed, I just haven't cared enough to go back and see though I guess (I've been back to the Zone since then maybe a half a dozen times total, mostly just to check something, not to sit and play for hours).

I agree though, limiting a game to one service is typically a recipe for disaster. They obviously made a deal for $$$, but that doesn't mean it was the best thing for players. Oh well...

Man, just off topic for a sec... I haven't been to the Zone since Quake II... hasn't it changed alot?. The LINES i can remember those distinctly, but they were quite efficient. Then the rumors broke out about the favourites. So it isn't new. Moderators tend to play favourites alot. Hell, you would too even if you knew u shouldnt.

it's hard to think, why is he doing this... or why doesnt he ban this dude. Idiots that usually spam always have someone higher up, so they know they can just get a slap on the wrist.

[On Topic]

It is truly disgraceful, i have spoken with Delphi when i noticed the spamming on the first few days, he said that the bot would work. Or there was a filter for a reason. Which kinda turned me off from the game. I dont go there to IGNORE people, i go there to Play... I would volounteer to moderate, i'm there almost everyday trying to assist people with firewall issues

They need to realize that teh internets r 4 srs bizness. I've gotten used to spammers/trolls from posting on 4chan and the YTMND boards (where I'm a fat black weatherman) though. Asking for pictures of any kind from spammers or trollers is likely to get you links to shock sites or browser hijacks though. However, being as the chat rooms for this game were made for legitimate owners of the game this sort of thing should not be allowed.

The main problem is these games are being bought for ages 10 and under now, the developmental stage when a child thinks that swearing or using slurs (They usally don't even know what alot of the words they spew meen) makes them seem mature, the fact is everyone hones in on someone like that because first of all they overdo the profanity, second they use these profane words incorrectly, and last of all they usallt pick a fight with someone for no reason at all. Parents need to have some idea of what their kids are doing so the rest of us can enjoy or online expeirience. I certainly hope no one wants this to end up having the bad reputation CS does.

Guest DarthMaulUK

The Mod for Eaw on Gamespy made an appearance. i am just worried that their lack of support will kill the whole online thing off faster than Luke taking out the Death Star!

DMUK

I certainly hope no one wants this to end up having the bad reputation CS does.

Nothing tops CS. Nothing.

Except Battle.net I guess...In my mind, there is no perfect system. All will have its flaws and as the population of gamers grow, the harder it will be to correctly enforce the law (especially since they can't go to jail for an offense or get "corrected" by a law enforcement officer...hmm that's an idea...)

People are just going to have to deal with it. Certain communities may have a slightly higher percentage of idiots, but that's how it is. Even if somebody decided to do something, it will be a full time job and nobody has the time, stamina or patience to deal with online imbeciles.

are you kiddin me!, CS rules, it doesnt have a bad reputation, 10's of 000's ofpeople play it, u think if it had a bad reputation, then no 1 would play it

CS does have an awful reputation. People still play it, but people still play on Gamespy, on Battle.net and on other similar services. They all have their legions of idiots and denying their existence won't change anything.

CS has a bad reputation, but bad reputation doesn't stop it from being popular. The two are seperate things.

Considering Gamespy is a private enterprise they have to right to allow or deny usage to anyone

It could be argued. Since you paid for the game you're about to play on Gamespy with, you should have full access to it and do everything you want. On the other end, it is a relatively public program so denying usage would be acceptable.

Either way, Gamespy have to ask themselves:"Is it beneficial for me to do that?"

My answer is no. It is no different then every other existing service, why should they do the effort to do it well? As long as people will be forced to use it and that no very popular alternative is available, there is no reason for them to do anything.

Archived