Home

Omeewan's Clones

omeewan

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, Buffy, I totally agree with Zappa. :) Hehe. Aww crud, now Im blushing.. ummm.. ... ... ya. Lol. Well, anyway, Omee, I'd love to also see what a Cell shaded skin would look like from you. Im sure you could create a massive toon pack ya know. Lol. Hey, just a thought. Anyway, it is possible, right to add the shoulder pauldron/Epalet whatever the hell you call it to the Neyo and reskin Neyo to look like Captain Fordo, Battle on Coruscant version? Ooh. I also so wish someone could model that pistol, but mainly I want someone to model my intimidator pistol. I must have one, either that or a FWG5. That's cool too. Ill have to post in the request section on what weapons should be made, from galaxies. There I go again with that Galaxies crap.... :p Lol. Well, Omee, I hope when you're working on those galaxies clones, you have good luck on them. :) Especially on the one I want, Sergeant Mort. You gonna make the bloodsoaked, and torn up versions of these as well? That'd be sweet to have all these versions for each. Might take alot of time though! Keep up your awesome work! And I hope my enthusiasm went off the scale. :p Cause I want to support you as much as possible. As much as I love skinning, Im sure you love skinning way more... you must love it, considering you're making models that are so damn close to being movie realistic. And Buffy..... AWESOME screens as always! You shall keep your movie-quality screenshot goddess title!!! Keep it coming, dear. ;) I wish I can get as good high- realistic movie quality screens as you, but if everyone knew how, they'd all be doing it... you should keep that talent secret. It's like it's encoded into your DNA or something! :D :D :D :D :D

Great work guys, keep it up!!

Not yet, lol. Thanks again for your post :)

Sorry- I tried replying to your post tonight twice, and both times it was a really long reply with screenshots of a comic book mod I made. (see my avatar? Thats in-game graphics) I had posted in reply to what you said about me making a cel shaded pack. Unfortunately both times It froze when I tried to post! I went to work on the clones as opposed to write a 3rd draft hehe. I sent some things to zappa and Buffy, you should be getting a copy as well.

*Edit* I forgot to let you guys know what I'm up to:

I got all 6 versions of Alpha in game with shaders. Tomorrow I will be transferring the existing clones I made into the v3 system for even greater customization!

Hmmm, Frankly those are good looking Omee, but i certainly doubt that clones would have bloody armor as their armor contains the blood inside.

It's not their blood, it's someone else's- I stated that earlier. The only blood that is their own is the one on the face of the unmasked version.

(It could be another clones blood that got on them- but it's not their own blood because as you stated, that would not make any sense.)

Otherwise it's like in Republic commando...How they use the futuristic "winshield wiper" thing to clean off the blood on the visor- that's the concept behind it.

Either way, it's just an option, I still included the battworn without the blood.

Buffy- That looks freaking cool as hell. I sent you an e-mail back with some ideas so I won't post it here. :D

Thanks man. I have plenty of Comic Book style Cel-shaded skins. I'm a sucker for that style. I was thinking of making a weekly online comic book using the models/skins. But that would have to be once I am done with these projects.

You guys should make a movie of Buffy's Bloody Screens:

"Saving Private Windu"

or

"Jediheart"

or

"Passion of the Trooper" LOL

Omee if there is anything that JOM can help you with your comics, please feel free to ask. I wouldnt mind helping a good friend out. And buffy from the posts over at the void, dont let Ruku and V get to you. They are just jealous of these works and they always love talking from their butts. So pay them no attention. They might do some nice skins and models, but still they can be some very idiotic people.

Wow...ok...

Well listen guys, apparently Ruku has accused me of "stealing and ripping off work". I had no idea Ruku felt that way. I'm not going to bring a flame war to this thread because quite frankly, that's not really my style. Nor is it my style to argue with a fellow artist. If Ruku feels offended by the fact that I used his "clean trooper" as a base, I apologize. I will not use it.

So unfortunately, I must also apologize to those of you who are waiting for the relase of this pack, because I'm going to have to start over by using my own clean textures from scratch.

So in that aspect, Ruku- I apologize, I was not intending to "steal" anyone's work, and it really bothers me that you said that. I put a lot of time and work into the jedi skins. I have mentioned in both my posts and in the read me that some of the textures I used were from marz (anakin's robes) and I also said that I used Hapslash's textures for the robes. This was stated in all of the threads I started as well as the read me's. I never claimed anything but the faces and the hair to be my own. So to say that I stole and ripped things off, without even asking me about it or reading my post/readme is really uncalled for, not to mention insulting.

In regard to the clones:

Your clean texture was fine the way it was and was a perfect base to alter. I thought I would do the logical thing and make variations of that skin as opposed to make one from scratch. I thought it would save time, and give the players something to have quicker than me having to start over. But, if that really bothered you, I'll make my own.

In regard to what you said about my work:

That's fine. If you don't like it...no problem. You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. But I would appreciate it next time if you to contact me about it and send me a pm or an e-mail as opposed to you ranting on about it on another board.

Omee you dont have to make your own clone textures. I am with TEAM VM and Ruku isnt anymore so I give you the power to do anything you want with them. If you wanna skin one that sucks then go right ahead. When the files are released into the community they are the communities files. If you even read the big tech files from LucasArts it says something like if you release a mod, then it becomes property of LucasArts. Ruku is just jealous, thats all it is and wants to cause trouble. People like him make this community look bad and give it a bad name. If you want to make your own textures go ahead, I have the uv mapped textures. But I wouldnt let a jealous cry baby get to you. Thats all he is. And thats all im saying. I will email you those textures now.

They are being sent to you at both emails(Gmail and work email) So you can have alook at them now while your at work. There might be a few more textures, IDK. I will try to find Marz's first email with the first clone beta. It should have everything in that.

I appreciate that Zappa. You have been very kind in helping me create these skins. (along with all the others who have been really helpful with pointers and suggestions)

Even though I might have TEAM VM's permission to use it, and what you said about the files belonging to the community may be true, I would still like to skin my own.

If anything just to disprove the fact that Ruku is implying that I have no talent at all, except for "blending" and using "photoreferencing" and "overlay".

Besides I don't like using people's work if they are not okay with it.

See the difference in this matter is this:

Ruku thinks that I can't or rather won't make my own skins. He thinks that I am stealing people's work. He thinks that I NEED to use other's work as a base...And the truth is I don't. I don't NEED to use any of the textures that I tweaked to fit the meshes for that matter. I WANTED to use it because it was easier and more convenient, plus I thought some of them were already perfect- but I didn't NEED to. WANT and NEED, are two different things.

So the bottom line is this: I won't use it- out of respect for his feelings as an artist and out of pride on my part as well.

Culliere, I love your Cody. :D And is the swampspeeder on hold? Just was curious, I may need it soon...MAY. :p It looks awesome too! I also saw Inyri modelled a Tri-fighter and a Barc Speeder. (didnt see the speeder yet, sounds awesome though).

I also just wanna ask... Omee, are you doin ok with the clones? Have ya started mine yet? It's ok if ya didn't start..take your time! Just if ya can, send some work in progress pics. Im just saying, I dont wanna push ya or anything....

PS- LOL SAVING PRIVATE WINDU....

Passion of the Trooper... Lol

Clonetalkers (instead of Windtalkers) Lol. Umm...Ill have to come up with some more funny war movies. That.. actually should be General, but Saving General Windu could be a cool movie. We just need a good Star Wars version of Omaha beach and Alpha-77 is leading clones up the beach and...:p Anyway... LOL

Thanks Cuillere, I appreciate your support and I agree with you about having fun. I love to do what I do. I don't think I'm going to re-skin Cody- Your skin is pretty much right on. I will be making a different commander using the visor though. :D

Revan my skins might be a little delayed... pm me and I'll explain. Or if you want read the page right before this...

Basically- I'm going to reskin the models again from scratch so that I won't be accused of stealing.

Archived