Home

Omeewan's Clones

omeewan

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think it was really rude for people to say some of those things. I spend countless hours on my pc working on this when I could be doing other things. I always give credit and say wherever I got something when I use other textures in my work, and as far as that's concerned- that is not stealing.

Omeewan so far I have liked the work that you have done. I know the JA modders do this differently but over at the Holowen Labs (Kotor modders area, pop over we like good skinners!) we have a rule about using others skins without getting permission. So I can see where Ruku was coming from. Even if you just used it as a base that to us is basically stealing the work and giving credit in the readme isnt enough. Infact when that happens the original author can get the mod using their stuff without permisison taken down.

Not trying to flame you, just stating that sometimes its easier to save a flame war and bitterness between modders by saying to someone "hey mate can I use such and such as a base for some skins?" Ruku seems a decent bloke and probably would have said yes (ok he might not have but its to late to find out now.)

Yea I know right. They should know better. You spend countless hours making these awesome.... (Orgasmic LOL) creations, and then you get flamed for being a great skinner. You're doing this for a hobby, and it seems like they want to pick on the guy making better skins than them, well I mean, better thought out ones as in new creations. These are your own, and you shouldnt be getting griped at for showing your awesome talents. This is the internet, you can post anything you want, and no one can freakin stop you. It's called freakin civilian rights. So what if you used Ruku's clean clone as a base, jeeze, some people. I'd hate to say it, but they kind of are talking out of their butts... no offense, but it's just they need to cheer. Ok, with enough of that said, Omee, just work at your own pace. I dont wanna rush you...well maybe I do... (lol hehe) but, you know. :p I just love your clones, and I'd love to play with these soon. And Ill definatly use it in my movie series. :D Oh and if you have the extra spare time, I need a couple of skins made. They are ex-clones, one of them, Mort, and the other one, the Traitor, Commander Morkov. Morkov betrayed Mort, and left him stranded on Kashyyyk. Ill get screens up soon. You dont have to, but I'd think it be cool. Just use the Clone's heads from these, but you may need to like, retexture them, as in give them different features... :p Ill just post the screens and see what you think.

Mort.jpg

Morkov.jpg

Sorry to ask so much of you... lol

EDIT- Scratch that Omee, I think I'll do these. I dont want to put more pressure on you dude. :( I dont want you end up leaving because of all this pressure. Im sorry dude. Im just excited is all...but you know...

Well jackel this community is different I believe. Somewhere in the LA Eula it says all mods when released becomes property of LA. And plus Ruku made those skins for TEAM VM and then left. So then all his property is now TEAM VM's and can be used any way that is needed. All Ruku wants to do is try to cause trouble. If you look at his endor soldier thread here, he pretty much started crying and ran off to the void when I was telling him this is a new skin and not a new model. Anyways lets get things back to business.

Yep. That's true Zappa. Anyway, enough of that. Let's talk about clones. And I think Omee is using a great site for his clone reference. Yea you hear that Omee? :p hehe. I will totally have to post that story of mort so everyone here knows more about him, when I find it, I will post it here in this edit. Maybe a long read....

Omeewan so far I have liked the work that you have done. I know the JA modders do this differently but over at the Holowen Labs (Kotor modders area, pop over we like good skinners!) we have a rule about using others skins without getting permission. So I can see where Ruku was coming from. Even if you just used it as a base that to us is basically stealing the work and giving credit in the readme isnt enough. Infact when that happens the original author can get the mod using their stuff without permisison taken down.

Not trying to flame you, just stating that sometimes its easier to save a flame war and bitterness between modders by saying to someone "hey mate can I use such and such as a base for some skins?" Ruku seems a decent bloke and probably would have said yes (ok he might not have but its to late to find out now.)

Thank you Jackel. I see where Ruku is coming from too, but he could have asked me about it. I haven't released any of this work, and I didn't plan on releasing it until I had his OK on it. I was under the impression that I was working on this as a group project- I thought Ruku was still part of the team and did not think it was offensive towards him.

By the way, Holowan labs is awesome, I have all of your mods installed!!

I agree, Holowan labs is awesome! (hi-5 Omee!) :D Lol. If only I had my KOTOR 2 back on my comp. :/ OOh, you know what Omee? This isnt a request really, just an idea to ponder about... what would a Royal Guard Clone look like...hmm... well I mean, how cool would that be? And...eh, Lol. I dunno. But keep up the great work!

By the way- TOTALLY OFFtopic, but, Omee, do you want your own theme song?

:x-wing::x-wing::x-wing::x-wing::x-wing::x-wing::x-wing::x-wing:

I have no idea...I think it is, not sure....but anyway, take your time with the clones! As I said, I will do Mort and Morkov, but if you must insist you can try out too, later. I mean, if you want, Im not requesting you do (though I think you'd do way better than my attempt) But Ill do mine, and if it sucks, I guess Ill PM to you that, "Hey this sucks, wanna have a go?" LOL

Oh? You want atton huh? Well, thank god Zappa emailed them to me... Ill forward them to you. :) I just need your email address, I think Zappa might give it to me. Ill gladly send you the Carth Onasi and Atton to you. I also have Bandon, Dustil, etc. Wardroid. It's all good. :smash:

Things seem to have been smoothed over a bit with Ruku and me, and I'm glad. I don't like having enemies. I'm still making my own clone skin, not because I'm pissed off, but because I just want to give it a try and see how it comes out.

Ok. :) Omee, I hope I am helping you alot here. :/ If not, that's ok, I still will praise your skins no matter what! I just hope Im giving you something in return. I dont mean to be rude by posting a pic of a skin of mine here, wanna see? Full credit goes to you for the fisto though. :) Without this, this guy wouldn't be possible.

I thought I'd give a composite Fisto a try, this may suck cause it's like a first attempt to put armor on something that didn't in the first place...

Composite_Fisto_000.jpg

He's going to be one of the Station Gamma Soldiers in my story. (Actually, he and alot of others Raided Station Gamma to take control.)

Any suggestions?

To be precise, he's an Aphotic. That's the rank atleast I saw in Galaxies.

Not too bad, I would just tweak the textures a bit until they match up. Also, the legs do look a bit wierd, but that's because it's armor on top of skin. All in all, I don't think it's too bad, just needs some more time put into it and some more work.

Archived