Home

must all space battles have astriods/nebulas?

zalcron

Nebulas sounds like something from Star Trek. In all my years of reading EU, I do not remember encountering any nebulas. Sure, there were astroid fields on Hoth, the Kessel run, and others, but not every planet. Also, the space maps do seem small. Only the 6/8 player maps feel the right size for capitol ships.

I am pretty sure Coruscant did not have any Asteroid fields orbitting it. If the map in EaW was exactly the same representation of the area around Coruscant, the Second Battle of Coruscant would have been over long before Grievous could kidnap Palpatine; they'd drop out of hyperspace to meet the backend of a "well placed" Asteroid. D:

Nebulas sounds like something from Star Trek. In all my years of reading EU, I do not remember encountering any nebulas. Sure, there were astroid fields on Hoth, the Kessel run, and others, but not every planet. Also, the space maps do seem small. Only the 6/8 player maps feel the right size for capitol ships.

6-8 Player maps?! :o WHERE

Yea idd rather have a few asteriods or open space. I mean nebs , etc dont help me as much anyhow. Just give me headachs trying to fidn a quick way around em.

Now if the enemy base was randized or something then they would have a greater effectivness. But thats not the cause.. the base is always on the other side.

I definetly agree. Nebulas should be REMOVED form maps in the future(figure mods will EVENTUALLY do it). As for asteroids, they should stick with the asteroid sorrounded planets for that, such as Hoth and Geonosis, etc. To replace the lost space, IN CASE the maps felt empty, new models for space building docks(just a few for unimportant planets) and perhaps even space debree other than nebulas or asteroids would be fine. It kindda sucks playing a battle on Coruscant with asteroids all over the place(just makes me nostalgic when I think back to Revenge of the Sith+Coruscant+Space Battle).

Bad idea jeans. :)

The only problem with having a map with NO asteriods is this:

No way to suicide ships.

If you have ships with no hardpoints left (like an Acclamator) and your opponent specifically ignores it your left with a useless ship. That ship is still taking up points of your population.

Currently, the only way to get rid of that useless ship and free up population points is to run that ship into an asteriod field.

Thus, until they implement a self-destruct feature for ships, you have to have at least one asteriod field per map.

Archived