Home

Bug Found: Trueview

ensiform

Razor and i have found out that trueview.cfg is like never loaded at least when you are local. because the piece that is calling it is never really right. clientNum is always 1 less than cg.snap->ps.clientNum. i pointed this out to him though already so he's looking into it for a better place to stick the code to run only when its you who changes models.

• 2 months later...

when using grip you dont see it around your hand in trueview first person :smash:

fix:

cg_players.c:

replace these two lines:

if ((cent->currentState.forcePowersActive & (1 << FP_GRIP)) &&
	(cg.renderingThirdPerson || cent->currentState.number != cg.snap->ps.clientNum))

with:

//[TrueView]
if ((cent->currentState.forcePowersActive & (1 << FP_GRIP)) &&
	(cg.renderingThirdPerson || cent->currentState.number != cg.snap->ps.clientNum
	|| cg_trueguns.integer || cg.predictedPlayerState.weapon == WP_SABER
	|| cg.predictedPlayerState.weapon == WP_MELEE))
//if ((cent->currentState.forcePowersActive & (1 << FP_GRIP)) &&
//	(cg.renderingThirdPerson || cent->currentState.number != cg.snap->ps.clientNum))
//[/TrueView]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a problem using TrueView with scaled models - the crosshair is way off if you're using TV. This happened to me with MB's scaled models (wooks and sbds) and I couldn't find a real fix for it... Anyway code creating problems is in cg_players.c where eyeBolts for TV are set(~12000 line).

I'm fairly positive that this line 'eyesBolt = trap_G2API_AddBolt(cent->ghoul2, 0, "*head_eyes");' or something within it's function causes it...(can't give you exact line since I'm using different code than you are but it starts with '//Restrict True View Model changes to the player and do the True View camera view work.' in cg_players.c) I tried commenting out this code and it fixed the issue (although there were two models rendered and general bugginess).

I'm fairly positive that this line 'eyesBolt = trap_G2API_AddBolt(cent->ghoul2, 0, "*head_eyes");' or something within it's function causes it...(can't give you exact line since I'm using different code than you are but it starts with '//Restrict True View Model changes to the player and do the True View camera view work.' in cg_players.c) I tried commenting out this code and it fixed the issue (although there were two models rendered and general bugginess).

That line is for checking to see if the model has a bolt for the player's eyes. If that surface tag exists on the playermodel, a bolt handle is assigned for that surface tag (or the preexisting one will be returned). If not, -1 will be returned. This line along shouldn't cause problems with the crosshair unless the crosshair code is using bolts for some reason. I'd check to see if the crosshair code uses bolts and if so, which ones.

Archived