Home

Lucasarts is hiring a new focus group!

HUGOMAND

After reading the posts and interviews from various people with SOE/LA over the last 3 months... I tend to believe that LA thought and developed the NGE to make SWG more SW:BFish. SOE was brought up to speed after the fact.

Either way, I'm done with SWG for at least another 9 months.

I prefer the old 'sandbox' style over the NGE. The original style, if LA/SOE had thought it out, had much more potential for return business than the NGE does. With just 9 professions that means the options are that much more limited, and when a player feels they have beaten their game (for whatever goal they have set for themselves) then it is over, they aren't interested in the game any longer. So basically, this games longevity is nothing better than a single player game.

The original style had many professions (and could mix professions, which made things interesting) and basically a person could do all kinds of things and keep returning for a new experience. The game as it stands now is nothing more that a shell of it's former self - even console gamers would scoff at such a badly designed interface. LA/SOE are just trying anything to keep this game viable, but the truth is in the numbers - SWG and the NGE isn't having the type of influx of players as hoped, and has been stated many times there are many better MM's out there. Galaxies has the ability of having the Star Wars logo - without that the servers would've stopped running awhile back.

Archived