Home

Remove Artillery from Game

{DHU}Screed

Oh, how stupid of me! Oh wait..... now if that player is smart, won't he layer his Artillery, so if you do manage to rush the first group of artillery, the second group behind it will be able to hit the first group? Ah, yes. The brains of a human opponant are such wonderful things.

Petroglyphs argument "AT-AA's are counters to Rebel Artillery" is folly as well. You rush in some Rebel tanks which move far faster, and are FAR cheaper than the AT-AA's and they will die VERY quick.

There's just no CONCEIVABLE way to attack a group of supported artillery short of a bombing run.

i would laugh if somebody actually protects their arts.If i was them i would scout their base and use the arts to aim at one of their buildings and use the rest of my units to enter the other side of their base= easy victory.

Now back to destroying the arts....

ahhh but if the defender was smart too he would make 2 at-st,1 tie maulers, 1 or 2 of 2m tanksand get mara jade to use her special abilities to throw a gernade at the arts and then convert his nearest troops(try for plex if they are close to u).Then go in there with ur 2 at-sts,2ms,and use tie mauler's self destruct to kill off remains of soldiers.During this battle go and spend the rest of ur cash on some at-ats and for vader. There u go a fast victory and a great strat.:D

Ok, since my edit's aren't going in im gonna make a new post.

There's a strategy i've been implementing in MP and it hasn't been beaten yet. There has certainly been good tries, but there is just no possible way to beat it w/o taking enormous losses.

I call it Artillery "crawling". You have two groups of artillery (the more in each group the merrier), have both within each others firing range, so if an opponant manages to get within one, or even both of the artillery's firing range, you can rape them with the other group of artillery. Since freindly fire doesnt exist, you can bombard the hell out of your own artillery and be worry free about taking friendly fire.

Now the crawling part, you take one group, move it up ahead, still within firing range of the other group and deploy. Take the other group and move that group ahead of the other and deploy. Support each group with plex soldiers and tanks and they are invincible to anything but a bombing run.

i would laugh if somebody actually protects their arts.If i was them i would scout their base and use the arts to aim at one of their buildings and use the rest of my units to enter the other side of their base= easy victory.

Now back to destroying the arts....

ahhh but if the defender was smart too he would make 2 at-st,1 tie maulers, 1 or 2 of 2m tanksand get mara jade to use her special abilities to throw a gernade at the arts and then convert his nearest troops(try for plex if they are close to u).Then go in there with ur 2 at-sts,2ms,and use tie mauler's self destruct to kill off remains of soldiers.During this battle go and spend the rest of ur cash on some at-ats and for vader. There u go a fast victory and a great strat.:D

Please play me in multi-player and try any strategy you want against my artillery. You strategies on paper mean squat to what actually works in game. I don't know about you but I have been playing MP alot (when it works) and so far in ground campaigns as a Rebel I am undefeated. More times than not my opponant leaves as soon as he throws everything he's got at my artillery teams and loses everything.

I added the graphics SFX from the Interdector Cruiser to the AT-AA so you can see the effect when the AT-AA special ability is activated. It definately stops the missiles 100% from Rebel Plex soldiers and TB4 Tanks.

All I would have to do is change the properties of the 'Proton Torpedos' launched by the Rebels Artillery to be affected also. It would provide roughly 33% screen. 10 seconds on, 20 seconds off to recharge.

I adjusted the deploy/un-deploy time by twice as long and made the refire rate 50% longer for both sides also. Seems to work nice.

Archived