Home

Redemption and Fuller Endings (Spoilers)

Tysyacha

As I see it, KOTOR I was a story about redemption--Revan's redemption,

if you follow the canonical version. Revan was once a Jedi, then he fell

to the dark side and became Lord of the Sith. After the Jedi restored

his mind, he then atoned for his previous crimes by defeating Malak.

But what is the Exile's story about? Following your own destiny

instead of the code of the Jedi or the Sith? How does the Exile

find any peace? Plus, I think both endings of this game SUCK.

Any tips on how to restore the cutscenes?

Sincerely,

Tysyacha

• 4 weeks later...
As I see it, KOTOR I was a story about redemption--Revan's redemption,if you follow the canonical version. Revan was once a Jedi, then he fell to the dark side and became Lord of the Sith.

It doesn't have to be a story about redemption.

After the Jedi restored his mind, he then atoned for his previous crimes by defeating Malak.

The Jedi never did restore Revan's mind.

But what is the Exile's story about? Following your own destinyinstead of the code of the Jedi or the Sith? How does the Exile

find any peace?

If you're light side, you get peace by destroying the breach in the Force. If dark side, you get peace (in a dark way) by getting your revenge on the Jedi Masters.

Plus, I think both endings of this game SUCK.

I don't. I especially love the endings in KOTOR I.

Aren't they there?

I think it helps to think of TSL as transitional material. If K3 sucks, then I'll blame TSL and I won't like it as much as I have (I can look past a lot if I think there's more coming).

The fact of the matter is that two companies with very different philosophical views on gaming make two different installments in a series. Bioware tried to make it "Star Wars" with a twist. OE tried to tell a good story in the Star Wars universe. Bioware wanted to make sure that you didn't miss anything. OE wanted to let you draw your own conclusions over several play-throughs.

My advice is don't expect to have anything spoon-fed to you at the end of game 3. If you didn't like the first two, don't buy the last one.

I think both endings of this game SUCK.

1. I think people have misunderstood Tysyacha here - I think what is actually being said is that both endings (LS & DS) for TSL sucked - not both the endings for each game (KotOR 1 & 2).

2. The cut material you speak of (including the endings) is being restored (it's a massive project to undertake) by Team Gizka. TSL Restoration Project

Everything is explained there, along with progress reports.

Archived