Home

Rebellion

jedigun

I somewhat miss rebellion , it had something "special" even tho the space battles were not so perfect and it had no land battles . 1) the diplomacy was a great thing ! I spend years playing online with my friend and we allways used diplomacy to take planets on our side because it was the best way to control the systems without loosing "popularity" among other planets. 2) the galaxy ! aaahh the galaxy was soooooooo biiiiiiiiiiggg it had many star systems and in every system there were like 10+ planets .

3) death star could fire at spaceships , i miss that now

4) ISD WAS better than mon calamari (as it is should be in real star wars- i don`t know why now mon calamari beats the crap out of ISD)

5) the imps had to build starfighters in galactic conquest mode........i found it really annonying now that imp capitols are factories that produce mass tie`s :(

it STILL can be balanced , the tie`s should cost alot less than reb fighters , + add the "hangar capacity" and voila

6) damage after the battle,,,,, it was a beautifull sight when you tooked out hyperdrive of those isd`s and they were sitting ducks above a planet .

i think that rebellion was a real strategy game,,,,, and EAW is a more of "shoot`em" up game.Nevertheless i still like.

btw: hi , my 1st post on this forum :)

deathstar firing at starshiås is not only unrealistic but unfair, the completed ds2 could do that...but then the completed ds2 had no flaws and as such the rebels had no chance.

the imps producing ties is good as they're fighters are far worse!

Necroe we never saw in the movie that DS1 did not fire at capitols! the rebs attacked only with x`s and y`s , thats why it didn`t fire

yes the tie`s are worse - no shielding , no hyperdrive (nvm the tie advanced and defender couse we won`t see these ones), thats why they would cost alot less + could be build faster

i actually prefer Rebellion, but EAW is good but cant be compared to Rebellion. If they could sort out stupid things like a naff autoresolve, crappy ai when it comes to fleet management (i am yet to encounter a rebel fleet in GC mode which has capital ships) and ditch raids i would be very happy.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Rebellion is a totally different game to EaW. I know that Petroglyph played Rebellion - it was one of the first things they did. You've got to look at the bigger picture. Rebellion is a real true strategy game which could take hours, days to complete a single game and I loved it. It was the reason why I bought a PC!

EaW has its merits as well. Its a good all round fun game to play. Its easy to get into, and you're kept busy with so much going on. You still need to use your brain when attacking and once Multiplayer sorts itself out, that will provide alot of fun. The games I have played online have been exciting.

Campaign mode, however is a totally different story and the only area of the game that disappoints me

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Get yourself into the tutorials. They are excellent and once youve finished, you'll be able to take on the whole Empire yourself...or erm, the Rebels!

DMUK

deathstar firing at starshiås is not only unrealistic but unfair, the completed ds2 could do that...but then the completed ds2 had no flaws and as such the rebels had no chance.

the imps producing ties is good as they're fighters are far worse!

Onscreen the Ds1 didnt detsroy any ships, but that didnt mean it was incapable of doing so. The DS2 as you mentioned - did destroy a capital ship in ROTJ, though the completed DS2 would inevitably have had some flaw.... everything does !!

Re- Rebellion, with its diplomacy, EU elements etc... was just great damn fun. I was hoping EaW was going to have the "Diplomacy" type stuff, but alas no :(

mtfbwya

i actually prefer Rebellion, but EAW is good but cant be compared to Rebellion. If they could sort out stupid things like a naff autoresolve, crappy ai when it comes to fleet management (i am yet to encounter a rebel fleet in GC mode which has capital ships) and ditch raids i would be very happy.

When i first got rebellion I hated it ,cause it was so complex that i got owned(back in '98) it sat in my desk for about a year, but when i took it out and started playing i feel in love. It still holds a special place in my heart is proably the number one reason i bought EAW IE- A type of Rebellino sequal that i couldnt pass up.

Damn that game was great and the most underrated game of the last 10yrs

Rebellion's problem was that it tried to do way too much at once. Things were just too "busy" on the galactic map, with all the encyclopedic stuff as well as game-relevant stuff. The space battles sucked...I ended up auto-resolving every single battle after I tried the first few. I did enjoy the game, but it was simply too complex to have lasting appeal beyond playing each side once.

Rebellion had a certain realistic feel to it. It took long periods of time to create the huge powerful capital ships. They were expensive to upkeep, research and development wasn't just "build this and train this and you can learn this". You actually had to appoint people to research and development. Diplomacy was just as powerful as a fleet of doom. Espionage, assasination, abduction, sabotage, recruitment..... These were all things that gave the game a great deal of immersion.

You could also create planets just for certain production means. One planet you can have 12-14 Ship Yards to pump out capital ships faster, same with construction and training facilities. Then you could fortify those planets just like you would in real life. I also had a ton of fun with the ability to name each of your capital ships and assigning a Admiral, Commander and General to each one. For instance, the Imperial Star Destroyer Majestic was the Emperors personal Star Destroyer. The SSD Executor was Vader's chariot of death...... These things were great in Rebellion.

I to wish they made EaW a Rebellion with just upgraded graphics, space, and ground combat.

Yep. I also still prefer Rebellion.

EaW is a good SW game without a doubt but in my opinion Rebellion is still better.

I also really hoped for some kind of diplomatic part.

I thought that for example it could influence on which side the inhabitants of a planet would fight during ground battles.

Archived