Home

Bug: Game will not save anymore

Jornie

I wonder if anyone has the solution to this save game error. When attempting to save a game, there's a long wait followed by a message telling you that save has failed and to check your disk space. This will also obliterate your previous save if you overwrite it. At this time, I don't know if this problem extends to autosave.

I noticed this first happened towards the end of Han Solo's quest to rescue the wookies. I noticed that the time to save was getting longer and longer. I managed to complete it but then the problem continues when into the galactic map.

Is there a workaround for this bug or is it time to sit tight and wait for another patch?

I have 71.6 Gb free space so there's no problems there.

I can't post my DX file because this forum doesn't allow attachments. What do I need to check in this file or perhaps I can copy the relevant portions in to the forum as it a big file.

My system has the latest DX9c and all other drivers are up to date. The problem seems to occur overtime.

Hi DarthMaulUK, I Just read something about attachments on this site. Attachments are usually turned off, but you, as the Administrator, can allow selected users to include attachments in their posts. Only then will the browse button appear.

I've had this same problem, and before someone asks me a silly question about actually having enough disk space, yes, I have over 100 Gb of free disk space ;) During the course of one planetary invasion, my save game size skyrocketed from 9 Mb to over 100 Mb. This bug seems to be related to the bug where multiple turrets occupy the same build pad. I believe there is a memory leak causing this problem with the game. It's amazing that this wasn't caught during testing.

Are Lucas/Petro :smash: aware of these problems? As it stands, the game is unplayable since I can no longer save my progress. I'm on the verge of sending it back because there is no feedback from them that they are doing anything about it.

Why are so many game developers selling unfinished products these days. We are used to bugs but this problem needs a new definition. Any takers?

I had the same problem quick saving in the third rebel mission. It took so long that I resseted my computer but after that my savegame was gone. I reinstalled the game and I hope that the problem is gone but I think that it is a big nasty bug. When you install the game and you go to defrag your harddrive the whole eaw file is fragmented. Strange.

I noticed that with other games or when adding patches. I think it to do with packaged (zipped) files. So I dont think that a problem. Any corrupt files are usually picked up through bit error checking.

Your save would have disappeared anyway, even if you didn't reset your PC. I just sat through the whole process and the file was gone.

Sometimes I hear a beeping sound at the end of a save, and wonder if thats some kind of warning or a normal part of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I have experienced this problem, also on Kashyyk when playing as the Rebellion. I have over 90 GB free on my hard disk, so I cannot be out of space. I have contacted Lucasarts via Yoda's Help Desk, but have not gotten any response in over a week. Have they acknowledged this as a bug?

• 4 weeks later...

Lucasarts initially responded with, 'Please save your games in multiple save slots to avoid this problem.' That was a crazy response to this issue.

After some back and forth communication (including a link to this forum!), they acknowledge this as an issue and are looking into it. I was unable to get an ETA of any bug fix, but I guess that was just wishful thinking.

Guest DarthMaulUK

The devs are indeed working on this. Hopefully a fix in 1.04. But these things can take time to find and correct. As for the link to us, what can I say? ;) hehe. We are the unofficial fansite for them.

DMUK

I have 71.6 Gb free space so there's no problems there.

I can't post my DX file because this forum doesn't allow attachments. What do I need to check in this file or perhaps I can copy the relevant portions in to the forum as it a big file.

My system has the latest DX9c and all other drivers are up to date. The problem seems to occur overtime.

The dxdiag file is just plain text, you can copy and paste it's contents into a post.

Archived