Home

The Swamp is talking 'bout the Olympics

Black Knight of Keno

I wonder why nobody else has yet done this... It's the olympics for christ sake. But I doubt we here at the swamp don't watch sports like hockey or curling or anything like that, even if curling was pretty much forced our throats here in finland.

Anyways, first of all I congratulate Canadian folk for their curling gold. It was a very "equal" fight. Second of all, Markku Uusipaavaliniemi rocks everyone of your socks, no doubt about it. And third of all, I really wish Sweden and Finland would meet in the hockey finals. -95 all over again, biatch!(All swedish should know the year we stole YOUR song and YOUR gold medal. I know all of the finnish know it)

Eh... Anyways... Tell us about about your feelings about the on-going olympics or something >.>

Yeah....I am a Canadian and I congratulate all the medals we have earned so far. Especially Cindy Klassen (4 medals so far), and the Women's hockey teams. I recently just heard that B. Gushue won Gold over the Finns. Congrats to him.

Also since I am partly Finnish, I congratulate them on some of there success, especially the Hockey team and Curling. I hope they beat Russia, so it's the Swedes versus the Finns. Lol...the damn Canadian men's hockey team was mediocre this year. :xp:

Yeah... Especially now that Koivu, Nummelin, Kapanen, Ruutu and Selanne are in the Finnish ice hockey team, I'm not surprised they have gotten this far. Those guys are pretty much the bluebloods of our ice hockey. Especially Koivu and Selanne. If I remember right, Koivu and Selanne were also in the -95 team. *Wink wink*

Well, just as I write this, the game is on. About a minute and a half into the game when I finish this

No Olympics for me, thanks. During the Olympics, people start throwing around phrases like "we did it," "we won," and so on, as if they somehow had a hand in the affair. I don't think disgust is the word I'd use to describe what I think about that, but it's something like that.

Those are called fans man. Fans.

Might as well be excited or this huge internation competition would just be a waste of money.

I recently just heard that B. Gushue won Gold over the Finns. Congrats to him.

Also since I am partly Finnish, I congratulate them on some of there success, especially the Hockey team and Curling. I hope they beat Russia, so it's the Swedes versus the Finns. Lol...the damn Canadian men's hockey team was mediocre this year. :xp:

umm, you know that the whole curling team won gold not just Gushue.

No, Finns will lose, no doubt about it...

Those are called fans man. Fans.

Might as well be excited or this huge internation competition would just be a waste of money.

Not really, infact the entire thing was never created as some form of celebrity, but rather to find and award the worlds greatest athletes.

And I agree with CapN', people are dumbasses and the olympics have become increasingly boring, it's lets about the athleticism and more about the "who's cock is bigger?".

I wonder why nobody else has yet done this...

Well, I thought about doing it, but I was too busy watching the Olypmics. :p

Anyway, I watched the majority of the events (except for curling; major boring right there), and I really enjoyed them. My absolute favorite event is Speedskating with Snowboarding a close second. :D

USA winning bronze in the Men's Speedskating 5000 meter relay was awesome. It was one of the most frantic races (for me) of the whole games. It was clear towards the end that USA had no chance for gold, so I was just about jumping on the sofa cheering for bronze. YAY!

Apolo Anton Ohno winning gold in the Men's Speedskating 500 meter = sweet! He only qualified for the finals because someone else was disqualified, then there was two false starts in the final which was terribly nerve wracking. It was a clean win by Ohno; I am happy. :D

Joey Cheek winning gold in the 500 meter was pretty sweet. In the Men's Longtrack 1500 meter, I was actually cheering for Enrico Fabris for gold; Shani Davis and Chad Hedrick were being entirely too egotistical about the matter. :xp:

Shaun White winning gold in the Men's Half Pipe was just plain awesome. 'Nuf said. :D

Bode Miller, was quite the laughing matter for me, mainly because he was all over hyped by the media and I knew he was gonna blow it. I was right. :p

The figure skating was fun to watch. The couples and womens is nice, but I just couldn't watch the mens single. Something is way wrong about that portion. They are just too damn feminine for my taste. :p Irena Slutskaya's bronze was cool, although I had really hoped she'd win gold. Then again Shizuka Arakawa really deserved to win; she was awesome. :D

Whoa, this turned into a really long post. Whoopseh. :o

Archived