Home

Land battles are ridiculous.

laurent40

How can you win a land battle? The defender has so much advantages. You get cut to pieces in the first two minutes with your lonely squad and after those to minutes the defender can continuouely come after you with respawning forces while you try to defend yourselve with 2 or 3 squads. Those reinforcement points ideas don't work. Space is fun but landbattles are no fun.

Hi perfect soldier,

I meant to say that they are just very difficult for me but maybe I am just bad at playing the game(although I was pretty good wit WC 3 an Frozen throne). I used the bombing runs but you can only bomb what you can see and when my infantery guy sees a enemy unit he only last 10 seconds. Not enough time to strike with bombers.

Just make sure not to march in all at once with your forces. Use scouts to reveal terrain and then clear up with bombing runs. Make sure to kill indiginous spawn structures if they are not on your team, as they will continually respawn to attack you. Also, make it a priority to kill the enemy structures such as barracks and factorys as these will also respawn units to attack you. Once you stop the respawning its just a matter of sweeping up. The defender will always have the advanatage in battles, so make sure to make big fleets of reserves in case you lose units. Also use hero units in your battles as they can make the difference at critical momments.

Also try constructing bacta healing stations and vehicle repair stations at build pads. Move your units next to them to heal them and then you will be unstoppable.

Hope these tips help :D

Guest DarthMaulUK

No one said it was gonna be easy! Ive had alot of fun with land battles. Searching out pockets of build pads and other useful constructions that can help you win. For example, taking out an Imperial prison will release the prisoners there, who will help you in combat. Great fun!

DMUK

I have trouble with land battles too, since the AI doesn't use the fog of war....which it should, it knows where you are and what you have and sends just those that counter your units.

So, right now, i am just using the Cheat mods i found on here, its the only way i win and besides, i only play for the story anyway and the fun and i see no fun in losing within 30secs.

I try to send a squad of infantry to the first reinforcement unit and a TIE Mauler runs them over and i restart and send in a squad of light tanks to secure the area as my infantry slowly run behind, but instead of a TIE Mauler its a unit that counters the Rebels' Light Tank and they are gone within seconds and a TIE Mauler comes up behind my units, circumventing my anti-armor turrets i had set up and runs over my infantry.

Which makes it unfair that the AI can see EVERYTHING right from the beginning, because a real player would not be able to see the Line of Sight of the Turrets (ie. the FOW range that the player sees) and so stays out of its range, which makes them useless to build.

Sadly, editing that file to make the AI use the Fog Of War thing doesn't make a difference in the Story Campaigns....just like the Difficulty Settings file...which is a real pity.

Archived