Home

The Two Diffrent Ways

Chira

I was just thinking...

It would be nice if we could choose jedi or sith way right in the begining...

You know : The same event in two diffrent lights and that kind of thing..

Of course, the game would be bigger but who cares :)

Normally, when choosing the light side, you could still fall to the dark side

and reversed.

Any opinions ??? :)

No. The two previous games both "split off" near the end, which kinda makes sense, since that is near the climax of the story (sort of). But don't completely change K3 to some wierd thing where you start off Jedi or Sith right at the beginning. It would also subtract from the "choose your path" thing.

I don't know. You didn't convinced me. Other games have this thing and I think it isn't

weird plus you have almost 2 games in one. The choice before starting a game is kinda

natural... I also thought that you start as a grey character but in a diffrent place of galaxy with diffrent men but at the same time and with the same story.

Imo you should start as a grey character whose main concern is yourself until you meet others/hear what's going on. From that moment on you could slowly develop towards the Dark or Lightside.

well, you do actually start out as "grey". You have no loyalties to anybody but yourself.... you make the choice to persue the dark or light as you go

I concur. One should start as a neutral alignment. The main quest of the game is to determine where your leanings are, whether they be light or dark. If you follow the path of the Jedi, you will be met with the full fury of the darkside and if you choose the path of darkness, the galaxy will crumble. The choice lies in you.

*sighs* There I've said my piece and I'll retire to my waterfall sanctuary and meditate. :D

You just have 2 journies for 2 kind of people. And you do start as grey like I already said. You CAN turn to the light,for example, even if you are taught in the ways of sith and the opposite... Everything remains the same. Just 2 versions of 1 game...

That sounds a bit complicated. I still don't think two separate people are a good idea. There are different journal entries depending on whether you chose the light or dark response. I say just stick with KOTOR formula and don't forget the shotgun must: a completed storyline

(1,000th post! Woohoo!!!)

You just have 2 journies for 2 kind of people. And you do start as grey like I already said. You CAN turn to the light,for example, even if you are taught in the ways of sith and the opposite... Everything remains the same. Just 2 versions of 1 game...
Which may be twice the development effort.

And that wouldn't be weird? It would be pretty weird to start grey, be taught by the Sith and then suddenly turn light. Why start grey if you chose to be taught by the Sith?

Same thing with the Jedi.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, this is my first post so dont turn the blasters on yet or break out the Sabers! But I have had these thoughts running thru my head. Ok we are told that the force has always existed. Now why do we have choose Dark and Light when stories of the ancients are told of them using both sides of the force freely without restraints like Yoda. Why cant a grey with Extreme sides of the forces exist. Not everyone wants or has time to save or kill everyone and even good guys use people.

Take Lord Vader he can Force Crush yet he was always a good guy at heart. Uhhgg even I hate to admit that. Revan and the Exile can use both sides of the force freely but take more Force point hits if they use opposing powers. Dont get me wrong I know its a move and game being compared but I am just trying to get some thoughts out here. On why one must have a loyalty when there is no reason to be loyal and the only person to succeed has been Luke Skywalker and Even he states that anyone can master all force powers and all that matters is how you use it.

Hmm ok well not sure if its understandable what I meant but hell its my first post here. Please get back to me let me know what you all think

Archived