Home

Petro vs Lucasarts

Jmaster3265

DO you think Lucasarts hould have designed the game not Petro?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. DO you think Lucasarts hould have designed the game not Petro?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Well, there are a lot of esthetic differences between apples and oranges(not that it matters), but in my opinion, Petro and apples relate because they are hard on the inside and solid for making video games. Lucas and Oranges= soft in the inside, which makes it harder for them to make an awsome game such as EAW (experience counts a lot).

Guest DarthMaulUK

Both Lucasarts and Petroglyph had input into making this game. Comparing a developer to a publisher is pretty silly. LA have spent the last few years using developers to build the games, whilst they focus on design and of course, the Star Wars licence.

DMUK

Petro make EaW by itself? Can you say "hello, copyright lawyers"?

Petro's doing an average job. Wiki says they're working on an RTS with Sega, but I don't see why it's taking so long to release a new patch. There are obviously issues that need to be fixed NOW.

Petro make EaW by itself? Can you say "hello, copyright lawyers"?

Petro's doing an average job. Wiki says they're working on an RTS with Sega, but I don't see why it's taking so long to release a new patch. There are obviously issues that need to be fixed NOW.

What about copyright lawyers? Okay let me clear this process up for everyone. Petro was either approached by LA to make a Star Wars game for them, or they asked LA if they could. So they arent breaching copyright as they have permission from the people who hold the license. As opposed to say me just making and selling a Star Wars game now that is where copyright lawyers come in.

As far as the patch goes, just hang tight, the longer time it takes the better its gonna be.

I don't see why it's taking so long to release a new patch. There are obviously issues that need to be fixed NOW.

You sound like a whinging 6 year old.

Patching takes time and there are processes involved in releasing patches to the public. They can't just go "oh look, xyz is broken, fix and upload to servers!"

What about copyright lawyers? Okay let me clear this process up for everyone. Petro was either approached by LA to make a Star Wars game for them, or they asked LA if they could. So they arent breaching copyright as they have permission from the people who hold the license. As opposed to say me just making and selling a Star Wars game now that is where copyright lawyers come in.

No, you don't understand. He was saying that Petro should do the game by itself. Which would be really stupid, because they can't make a SW game without permission by LucasArts. (Also, it'd suck, because they wouldn't have access to any of the sound libraries, etc).

You sound like a whinging 6 year old.

Patching takes time and there are processes involved in releasing patches to the public. They can't just go "oh look, xyz is broken, fix and upload to servers!"

As one of my favorite forum moderators of all time said, "keep the spam in the fridge". I've programmed in C++ before. I know it takes time to release patches. It is, though, odd that they have an entire team to code these things, and they aren't being done faster. Especially when the community is taking it upon themselves to fix these issues in mods. Issues such as routing that I assume are in the source are harder to fix than changing damage values in XMLs. Doing the latter as a 1.25 patch shouldn't take more than a week.

Archived