Home

sorry i need quick answers

tyraelios

hi im new to swg now i know i should read up more before asking these questions but i need quick answers so i apologise if im wasting time...

i read alot into swg before its realease and thought it sounded awsome and then i forgot all about and now out of impulse i just decided to get it i played the trial and all my expectations were shot down and i have paid for the game and am currently downloading the game files so what i would like to know is

1. What has happened to the all the career choices

2. Will the old career choices come back

3. What is the nge

4. Is the game as enjoyable as it once sounded

if this post is an annoyence just dont reply to it but some real quick answers will be appreciated thank you for reading

Guest DarthMaulUK

Answering your questions. Being an ex-veteran of the game I will be totally one sided.

1) All the career choices have been removed. This was to make life easier for the useless dev team to make fixes and yet STILL they are doing revamps ontop of revamped, revamps!

2) Currently, no. But who knows. Galaxies is struggling. Both SOE and Lucasarts gambled on the big changes made (just 6 months after even more big changes) and in the process lost more people than they gained. So who knows, but even if they did roll back the server, after the way they have treated the community - i would NEVER go back

3) NGE are supposed to be New Game Enchancements, where they tried to improve the game. Some of their ideas were really good but its the traditonal way inwhich SOE (Sony) brought in the changes. Just two weeks testing, and releasing a flawed system live. If you read PC gamers review thread, its extremely accurate of how Galaxies is now.

4) The game has always had problems. If you fancy being a total nobody in a nobody world, then get the game. The game has (and really never ever had) any real Star Wars content, there is no Galactic Civil War (this is being fixed and still is 2 years on) and the overall sense of community this game used to have and what would be the key factor in my return, has vanished. Before I quit and just after NGE, my friends list went from 30-40 active people down to just 2 - and to whom I gave everything I had.

There are so many other online games that do it better and I am hearing rumours of Galaxies 2 but if it involves SOE, no one will buy it.

DMUK

Lucasarts should really focus on another Star Wars MMORPG. I wouldn't neccessarily call it Star Wars Galaxies 2 - I think they should try and distance themselves as far as they can from this game. But get another development team other than SOE, and try and do it right.

I wish there were other Star Wars MM's. If there were others I'm sure SWG would be dead in the water - since people would flock over to a new one in droves. I am not really current on other MMORPG's - since SWG was/is the only one I'm interested in playing (for the Star Wars title only, can't fathom paying monthly fees for any other game.)

I remember I started a new character just to experience that new player tutorial, and it about put me to sleep. I much prefered my old characters start up, being on Talus without a whole lot of knowledge of the game and a fire to explore. To me, that was much more fun than being hand fed quests, and really just feels like you are being led around by your nose.

Archived