Home

CLean installation but can't play

Hijack

Hi,

Having problems getting the game started after a clean install.

I sent the report that lucasarts told me to to securom, who told me to download a new .exe, which i did. I told them that it didn't work and they told me it's not their problem any more and to talk to the game publisher. Activision don't even have the game listed on their site yet!

Now I get the splash screen up, then the game changes size to about 4 fifths of my screen and goes black, freezes up and i have to use task manager to stop it.

I'm using a radeon 9200se, W2K, 1G RAM, Athlon xp 2000. Drivers are updated and I installed directx from the game ROM

The system check from the game menu says everything is ok.

Anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

Ta

The radeon 9200 is one of the video cards with known problems (there are many). Go to LucasArts.com and check the FAQ's for EaW in Yoda's help desk. That's the official support site for the game. You won't find anything from Activision. Lucas is in charge of support. I don't remember if there was a fix for your problem, but it's worth checking.

The radeon 9200 is one of the video cards with known problems (there are many). Go to LucasArts.com and check the FAQ's for EaW in Yoda's help desk. That's the official support site for the game. You won't find anything from Activision. Lucas is in charge of support. I don't remember if there was a fix for your problem, but it's worth checking.

Well, I had a look. My card isn't one of the ones listed as unsupported. I contacted Lucasarts, so I'll see if they come up with anything!

I really wanna play this game, but it looks like, after reading this forum, that Lucasarts have again released a game without testing it properly! Oh well...the price of being a fan I suppose!!!!

Well, I uninstalled and re-installed all new drivers and got it working...although it crashed the first time in the tutorial! Was ok after a reboot...I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help those who posted!

Archived