Home

hero unlock value

Kramerika

Does anyone know how this relates to the hero unlock rule? I can't understand the units. I had the hero unlock rule set to "timer", hero unlock team set to "both teams simultaneous", and the hero unlock value set to 10, but it was unlocking the hero in less time than 10 minutes and more time than 10 seconds for both teams. I now have it set to reinforcements, but does that mean that for every 10 reinforcements made for both teams combined heroes will be made available? I'm confused. We could use a thorough manual explaining all of the settings.

Does anyone know how this relates to the hero unlock rule? I can't understand the units. I had the hero unlock rule set to "timer", hero unlock team set to "both teams simultaneous", and the hero unlock value set to 10, but it was unlocking the hero in less time than 10 minutes and more time than 10 seconds for both teams. I now have it set to reinforcements, but does that mean that for every 10 reinforcements made for both teams combined heroes will be made available? I'm confused. We could use a thorough manual explaining all of the settings.

If you want to play as a Hero all the time in Instant Action, select Hero in options, have it on Best Player, time limit 1 second and time for hero always. That way you start off as a Trooper, then when you kill one person, it asks you to be a Hero, then when you die, you can be them again.

Well if the value is 10, it will be 10 of what the criteria is:

Example: rule is 10 for unlock for most points

- the heroes will be unlocked at the instant someone gets 10 pts and will ask that person if they want to be hero first.

For the 10 reinforcements, i believe it will unlock when the reinforments is at 10. in the beta, this is what I have noticed. So i just change it to points, at lot easier to deal with. Hope this helps.

If you want to play as a Hero all the time in Instant Action, select Hero in options, have it on Best Player, time limit 1 second and time for hero always.

I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the dedicated server.

10 minutes just didn't seem to be 10 minutes which is what confused me. I don't think the unlock rule and value is using individual player statistics. It's an overall value: every 10 points, 10 reinforcements, whatever overall. Each time that limit is reached again after being reset from the last time, it triggers the assignment rule. The assignment rule looks at individual players in order to determine who to assign the hero to. That's the way I interpret it, but it would help if we had solid documentation to know for sure.

I haven't been able to get the timer rule to work on my server. You're right though, it may be related to seconds. This was very buggy until the 1.1 patch. I'm glad they fixed it up a bit. I use the point rule. With the 1.1 server you and the SWBF2SM you can set the values quite high. So I have my hero unlock set to 15 points. And I have both teams separate, that way both teams have to get a certain number of points before they can use heroes. But yah, some testing on the timer value may be required unless someone knows.

KB

Archived