Home

Kotor Tool on hold - equipment failure :(

Fred Tetra

I have the unfortunate position of having to tell you that due to some equipment problems, the next release of Kotor Tool and the new maps is on hold for a while.

We had some power problems here that resulted in the loss of my router and PC's power supply. Fortunately, the monitor was off and is OK; unfortunately, this same PC is where the Kotor Tool code lives. :(

Until I can figure out a way to replace them, my postings will be a lot more infrequent, as I have to do so from work at lunch time, so please understand if I don't respond to questions right away.

Fred after hearing you have worked like 12 billion hours (or closer to 1500 or so, I forget) you deserve a holiday for a while anyway. An serious equipment failure is a bad way for it to happen but at least you can now follow your signature and realise sleep is sometimes neccessary. Hope everythig gets sorted soon mate.

I'm so sorry. To think of all the work you must have put into it...Is there anything I can do to help?

Not really, unless you feel like donating $ :)

Otherwise, I'll just wait until I have the dough saved up. PC stuff is viewed as "non-essential" to the running of the house here, as I have a big family on one income, so it might take a while, lol.

(There should be an animated smiley that's putting money into a PC - that'd be me!)

I have the unfortunate position of having to tell you that due to some equipment problems, the next release of Kotor Tool and the new maps is on hold for a while.

We had some power problems here that resulted in the loss of my router and PC's power supply. Fortunately, the monitor was off and is OK; unfortunately, this same PC is where the Kotor Tool code lives. :(

Until I can figure out a way to replace them, my postings will be a lot more infrequent, as I have to do so from work at lunch time, so please understand if I don't respond to questions right away.

Hey man!

You have given us a tool that could never be replaced. I thank you for all the hard work you have done. I hope all goes well.:)

MacLeodCorp.

Hey! Don't worry about this at all. KotOR Tool has more than enough features at the moment - the work you have done is, though it belittles your achievements to say so, amazing. Don't worry about the maps at all - a good of gff editor will see us through. You've done more than enough on this device, consider the equipment problems as something of a holiday from the tool.

Well, due to a great many circumstances I won't go into right now I've been rather out of the loop around here (and everywhere actually) for quite some time. Be that as it may, I couldn't pass up saying how grateful I am for all the work you've done on the tool, Fred. I hope this PC trouble situation works itself out for the best with a minimum of fuss and expense, and we can soon get back to cheering for each in a seemingly endless string of awesome additions and revisions to the best tool the KotOR community has ever seen.

Cheers and kudos Fred, and all my best...

-Kitty

Hey Fred after reading through my post I realized I was asking the wrong question.

The Question I should ask is what type of power supply do you need?

350w or 500w or bigger.

If you can let me know I can get it one to you by next week or at least a check for one.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, i don't have much money either, but if need be i can donate 25 or so.. i picked up a good 400w powersupply from microcenter for that amount, and i would be so kind to do the same for you fred! all i ask is more kotor I maps! haha, i know those are put together by hand maybe you could do a few more in the future!

Archived