Home

Well, I'm finally online... some Q's?

REDJOHNNYMIKE

Where can I find the best opponents, short of trying every single server (it costs me $5 an hour to play).

Where does everyone here usually play?

Is it possible that game speed can be changed? A couple servers seemed more like a deathmatch with higher movement rates and others seemed slower more like battlefield. Lag didn't seem to be a factor in either.

I've been on private servers mostly. When I'm not, I just pick a map with a low ping and some players.

The frames per second can be capped by the server, but I don't think its possible to slow the entire game down to the same speed as SWBF.

It didn't seem related to connection speed or FPS, it just appeared as though general movement was slightly quicker.

I also don't think it was just leeter players because it seemed to affect me as well?

I usually just look for map and gameplay types I like, but mostly I just want to play against the best players and you can't really find them unless you know where they are;)

I tend to go to servers that have at least 10 players, and jedi OFF, I don't really have a specific favorite though. I find that clan or clan recruiting servers tend to present greater challenges then others, but no specific servers really come to mind... I just find one I like and stick with it.

RED JOHNNY MIKE-- Go only with what feels right. If 3 kills to another player tells you that the clan's standards are too low, then listen to your feelings.

I've been searching for a clan for a couple of months now... I mean ACTIVELY searching. There have been lots of offers made, and I've passed a few tests, gaining free passage, but I haven't accepted any because none seem to FEEL right. I'm looking for something that resonates really well with me-- like an ALL Jet Trooper clan.

Bro, I'm eager as ANYTHING to find my clan-home, though I just may have to build one (if I only knew where to begin), so I understand where you're coming from. Just be patient, I guess, like me, and consider yourself a marauding, rouge... almost like a bounty hunter. These times will one day be remembered fondly... the days of your "search", before you found your place within the group you'll adopt as your own.

"What does your heart tell you?"

........................................Shmi Skywalker, Episode I

"Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts."

........................................Qui Gon Jinn, Episode I

"Stretch out with your FEELINGS."

........................................Obi Wan Kenobi, Episode IV

Well, I did accept when asked, and played a few matches allied with the recruiter, but I could never find any clan member or anything related to them again, so I guess I'm still looking.

The way I figure it is, if you don't try it you'll never learn how it works, so even if it was a poor choice at least it's not just sitting around doing nothing;)

So are there any well known high class clans that are worth really working to get into?

Reading through the mod tools documentation, there is a way to slow down or speed up the game. I don't remember the command at the moment, so I'll point you to where it is. Its in the Jedi Creation document, where its talking about animations. You type a command into the SWBF2 debugging version of the game to speed up or slow it down. It might work on the retail version too.

Archived