Home

Can't play MotS

Hijack

I installed MotS last night. When I try and play it, it tries to get me to install directx 5 (Ihave directx 9 on my system)...does anyone know if I go ahead and do this, it'll affect my system at all?

Cheers! :vsd:

I ended up just dualbooting with ME...

In my case JK would continually ignore the fact that I had a newer version of DirectX installed, I dunno what the solution for that would be...

try downloading and installing the required version...it shouldn't overwrite your new version, so it'll still work with your newer games but you'll also be able to play the old ones too...give it a try, repost with results...

try downloading and installing the required version...it shouldn't overwrite your new version, so it'll still work with your newer games but you'll also be able to play the old ones too...give it a try, repost with results...

Thought it would overwrite...i'll try that later on...thanks mate!

I use Win2kPro. I didn't have to do anything special to play JK, it just plays. Don't install the version of DX found on the JK cd's, it's old and outdated. The game should still work fine. Apply the 1.01 patch and see if it helps any (probably not, but it's still a good idea).

If all else fails, go check out http://support.lucasarts.com and see, they have a lot of solutions for the older games as well as new (just ignore their forums, I never get a useful response from them, sadly).

Archived