Home

Mandelorians!!

ok me and a friend have been fighting for a few weeks on if the royal gaurds that follow the emperer around are mandelorians. me i think the suits are mandelorian like but they are not mandelorians themselves. he thinks they are. can anyone answer my question. :guard::emperor::guard:

ok me and a friend have been fighting for a few weeks on if the royal gaurds that follow the emperer around are mandelorians. me i think the suits are mandelorian like but they are not mandelorians themselves. he thinks they are. can anyone answer my question. :guard::emperor::guard:

I think that your friend is wrong. They aren't Mandalorian.

I think they are the same guards from Ep1 but in that Ep. they had different garb, they looked like Roman Centerions. Probably the Emperor adopted it to reflect the spirit of the Mandalorians and what they stood for. Who knows? I don't really care. It's so minor, it's of no importance. Suan le (Let it Be)

well, the armor underneath the robes took inspiration from Madalorian Armor and was supposed to be a much higher quality than the Stormtrooper Armor. the men underneath, however, we're just simply the 'best of the best' of the men recruited into training.

While I agree that the suits look somewhat Mandalorian, I highly doubt that the men inside are Mandalorians. There's no way to be positive, of course, but they're most likely highly trained Storm Troopers.

Oh, and on the mention of Rman centurions: I think that's what they went for. I mean, Palpatines rise to power is very similar to that of Julius Caesar, so it makes sense that they carry through the Roman theme.

I think that your friend is wrong. They aren't Mandalorian.

Actually he's close, the armour worn by the royal guards IS mandalorian in design, the royal guard's training is very simialar to mandalorian training and they learn mandalorian martial arts in conjunction with echani ones. I think this might be because the clones started the royale guards (the kick a** fighting guards not the honor ones used before the clone wars)and they were trained in mandalorian traditions. Which brings me to my other point: they are clones of the last true mandalorian.

So yeah they arn't technicaly mandalorians but several of their origins traditions and training are.

the armour worn by the royal guards IS mandalorian in design

A source would be nice

Anyway for more info on the royal guards Crimson Empire is a pretty cool book to pick up and it shows how they train and get picked by palpatine.

Any way they came into service after palpatine was attacked by a senate guard *the blue guys* and decided he needed his own personally hand picked protectors.

The Republic is supposed to stand for freedom and democracy. The emperor planned everything to take over and he created the Empire. That is the total opposite of democracy because he does away with the Senate and has control over the systems. It may have been a poor choice of words but I've said my piece.

The Empire is not the enemy of the Repubic. Not the Republic that fell just sort of the Battle of Yavin, anyway. Of the New Republic, sure.

The Republic became the Empire. There was no external battle between the two powers - they are one and the same. They never existed at the same time, and are therefore not enemies.

Actually he's close, the armour worn by the royal guards IS mandalorian in design, the royal guard's training is very simialar to mandalorian training and they learn mandalorian martial arts in conjunction with echani ones. I think this might be because the clones started the royale guards (the kick a** fighting guards not the honor ones used before the clone wars)and they were trained in mandalorian traditions. Which brings me to my other point: they are clones of the last true mandalorian.

So yeah they arn't technicaly mandalorians but several of their origins traditions and training are.

If they are clones of the last true mandalorian, wouldn't that make them mandalorians by DNA?

Is it just a coincidence that their armour is similar in design and appearance?

...and why would a highly trained, elite stormtrooper want to follow around a wheezing, decrepid old man when he could be out there conquering and obliterating worlds anyway?

Archived