Home

What would you rate Empire At War?

Darth Phantom

What would you rate Empire at War?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate Empire at War?

• 10 - Perfect
    • 9 - Great
    • 8 - Very Good
    • 7 - Good
    • 6 - Okay
    • 5 - Average
    • 4 - Mediocre
    • 3 - Horrible
    • 2 - Crap
    • 1 - ****ty

A lot of EAW is good, and captures SW nicely, but the lack of Multiplayer polishing is simply horrible.

While patches came in fast, the standards there are pretty bad when you compare to other games.

And for me, I found the gameplay boring after a while. Literally, after falling asleep at the keyboard while playing a game, I stopped playing.

I can't really rate the game yet, because I've only spent 1-2 hours on it. But I am really impressed with the way Petroglyph made the game work on my ancient PC. My only frustrations are the insanely long load times, and that is due to my computer's deficient RAM.

This far, though, I am very happy with the game, although certain things, like the half-baked manual, could be done better. The graphics were stunning, IMHO, even on my FX5500.

And, hey, Call of Duty? The Q3 engine is getting old, man...that game didn't have really great graphics, it just pulled off a terrific atmosphere..

but the cutscenes in EaW....ugh...they should've just left them out...they wouldnt look out of place in dark forces or force commander :p

COD/2 is Q3 but atmosphere...is EVERYTHING !

Ive played the Rome Total War demo....man, even from just that snippet - that game looks awesome, and Im generally not really an RTS fan at all :)

*goes and gets*

mtfbwya

And for me, I found the gameplay boring after a while. Literally, after falling asleep at the keyboard while playing a game, I stopped playing.

lol, i fell asleep after playing for 3 strait days of FFVII right when i was about to win the game. Of course the game cut off so i had to start over, i havnt played since.

I give it a 9/10, it has some truly awe inspiring moments. Once the Modding Tools, and Multiplayer fixes are realeased i would give it a 10/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived