Home

Immunity, mind affecting?

Spawnof theSith

So what does immmunity to mind affecting do to you? first time I played I was always wearing bald guy's fiber armor. Second time I wore this little mask. They both said Immunity:mind affecting. I thought that meant things like insanity didn't work on you. But apparently I was wrong. what do they DO?

Yes, Items that give you immunity to mind affecting attacks provide some protection against them.

However, they aren't absolute.

Attackers with a higher persuasion and force abilities than the protective items provide will succeed against you.

Pretty sure "immunity" is supposed to mean immunity. I've never seen anything that would suggest that it doesn't work the way that it's supposed to, but that doesn't mean that it isn't broken.

Sorry I wasn't sure. I play both and it wasn't specific as to which one.

JediMaster12, there is nothing to be sure about, as this is a KotOR I forum.

Perhaps you need to consider where you actually are, forum wise, when you post something. :doh:

aybe youv got to wear a couple of things that boast "immunity" like the belt, sith amsk and darth bandon's armour... and an implant. surely all 4 of those working in conjunction would prevent anything like insanity etc...???

Well, if its like "resistance" that gives a really high chance of ignoring the effect, then a slim chance exists for powers to go thru.

But yeah immunity is supposed to mean immunity.

Then again I have had misses and/or resisted attacks with the killblaster, anything can happen.

So what does immmunity to mind affecting do to you? first time I played I was always wearing bald guy's fiber armor. Second time I wore this little mask. They both said Immunity:mind affecting. I thought that meant things like insanity didn't work on you. But apparently I was wrong. what do they DO?
So you're saying that while your PC was wearing an item that had "Immunity: Mind Affecting" listed as one of it's characteristics your PC fell victim to an "Insanity" force attack? If so then I would be surprised as that is not supposed to happen. How did you know your PC was debilitated by "Insanity" as opposed to something else?

Where'd we lose ya, killer?
FWIW to those participating in the thread; From what I've observed in the past year Achilles has a very low tolerance for... how shall I say... umm... stupid questions is pretty much it. And judging from his new avatar and custom title I venture to guess that he's none too happy with the announced winner of "Best Picture" from last night's Academy Awards which leads me to think that he is not in the best of moods right now, heh-heh-heh. :smirk2:

In short, posters beware. :D:firehead:chop1:

^^^^

lol @ Hai Wan

No such thing as a stupid question, man! There are, however, questions that have already been asked (and answered...sometimes more than once) that people could easily find the answers to themselves by using readily available resources (search, stickies, Google, walkthroughs, etc). Those questions bring out the worst in me :D

Also, weak opinions that beg to be challenged...like the opinion that Crash is a good movie and deserves the title of Best Picture ;)

[/off topic]

^^^^

lol @ Hai Wan

No such thing as a stupid question, man! There are, however, questions that have already been asked (and answered...sometimes more than once) that people could easily find the answers to themselves by using readily available resources (search, stickies, Google, walkthroughs, etc). Those questions bring out the worst in me :D

Also, weak opinions that beg to be challenged...like the opinion that Crash is a good movie and deserves the title of Best Picture ;)

[/off topic]

Well this is a very popular site and I'm sure there are new people visiting us everyday. Not everyone is going to scroll for days and read every thread looking for a semblance of a question they might have.

My advice to you, seeing how the worst seems to be always comming out, is to take a deep breath and let it go. I've gone back and scrolled through many older threads and there are quite a few that could be crossovers. I don't see you complaining about those.

Is there a rule that says you must answer every question? If you find one disturbing, try letting it slide by once and see how that fits ya.

There are quite a few decafinated brands on the market today that have surprisingly good taste.

Erm...getting a little bit off-topic here aren't we?

Time to get back on topic and don't forget that the purpose of these forums is to discuss KotOR and that there are people of all ages and backgrounds on the boards.

Sure it's nice to see that an effort has been made to search the answer but we know how it is. If a question really annoys you, the best solution is just to ignore it. There's no need for such "abrasive" comments, Achilles...

Further off-topic comments will be erased.

{snip} - Just applying what I said above: off-topic comments will be erased... - d3

Back on topic:

Original confusion: You said that you've never seen anything that would suggest that it wouldn't work the way it's suppose to.

Then you go on to say "...but, that doesn't mean that it isn't broken."

What are you referring to? the game or the immunity items?

You weren't clear and I was confused.

I haven't played KotOR in a while but, I DO remember wearing an item that had immunity but was still affected. It may have been Malak. I'm not sure. It's been a while.

I think I need a memory wipe.

Original confusion: You said that you've never seen anything that would suggest that it wouldn't work the way it's suppose to.

Then you go on to say "...but, that doesn't mean that it isn't broken."

What are you referring to? the game or the immunity items?

You weren't clear and I was confused.

I guess I didn't catch that you were trying to differentiate the two in your post. Sorry if that made my response difficult to understand. I pretty much meant exactly what I said though: I've never seen a character equipped with a mind-affecting item actually be affected by a mind-affecing force power. I also went on to say that just because I didn't notice it, doesn't mean it didn't happen (in other words, my aforementioned character might have been the first to fall to Insanity and I just never noticed). This part was intended to be anecdotal.

I haven't played KotOR in a while but' date=' I [b']DO[/b] remember wearing an item that had immunity but was still affected. It may have been Malak. I'm not sure. It's been a while.

I think I need a memory wipe.

That may have been the case, but it seems odd that they would have a propery labeled "immunity" that only offer resistance. There's a resistance property; why didn't they just use that? That very well might have been what the devs did, but it's not very intuitive and is also slightly misleading. This part was intended to be more philosophical.

So far though, we have nothing substantial that shows that immunity doens't work the way that it should, so the original poster's question is still unanswered.

As far as I remember, it provides immunity to Horror and Stun effects, when placed on items worn by an NPC. Some of the "Immunity:" effects only work for NPCs, not the player character, for some peculiar reason.

Immunity: Sneak Attack only works on NPCs, but I don't remember with 100% certainty if Immunity: Mind-affecting is another of those. My main character is always a Sentinel, so I can't easily test it. I know it works for NPC-worn items though.

Archived