Home

Not good.

Samuel Dravis

So yesterday I hear that someone I know had a wreck and her truck rolled over several times. She is going to live, but her back was crushed pretty badly (apparently it's being held together with a metal pin) and it might be a year before she can walk, if at all. She'd appreciate it - I'd appreciate it - if any of you said a prayer or had wellwishes for her. Thanks.

Ugh. Not good, indeed. It sounds awful for her, and, certainly, all the people that know her. She's in my prayers. I'm glad it wasn't any worse, but it's still horrible.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) Doctors are full of crap a lot of the time. Everything is so 'worst case scenario' with them. :xp:

2) She'll walk again. See #1 ;)

3) I hope you all pull through this. Let her know we're thinking of her. :)

Ugh. Not good, indeed. It sounds awful for her, and, certainly, all the people that know her. She's in my prayers. I'm glad it wasn't any worse, but it's still horrible.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) Doctors are full of crap a lot of the time. Everything is so 'worst case scenario' with them. :xp:

They sort of have to be that way. An optimistic prognosis that turns out to be wrong could lead to lawsuits. Crazy sue-happy society.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

Everything is so 'worst case scenario' with them. :xp:

The phrase "mal-practice suit" comes to mind. There's a reason you can't give people blind hope for the best, because there's always the possibility that something goes wrong and you get sued by dumbass family members.

Anyway, you have my best wishes to send to her.

Let her know we're thinking of her. :)
D'oh! I should have thought of that today. I'll tell her tomorrow when I call her. :)

Anyway, she's doing better than I thought, and that's a very good thing. She's even started therapy already, so whatever you're doing, keep doing it. Thanks everyone. :)

yea that is tragic...my folks were in an accident but they are all right...some of you may remember my brothers wife..who was in an accident...and totaled the mustang...winter can be a b*tch sometimes....and at the same time fun with the snowboarding and sledding...but hope your friend recovers fast...

D'oh! I should have thought of that today. I'll tell her tomorrow when I call her. :)

Anyway, she's doing better than I thought, and that's a very good thing. She's even started therapy already, so whatever you're doing, keep doing it. Thanks everyone. :)

Awesome. It really sucks to be hurt like that, I'm glad to hear she's doing better. :)

I think that when somthing like this happens, when somebody gets hurt, some dies, or something we all should get together and make a get well card and we all could sigh it and/or add a little message or something. I think I remember us doing something like this before or something....so, you guys think we should do something like this for Sam's friend just to help show her that people are thinking of her and that we do care?

Yeah, we did that for Gothix when he was hit by a car... It's a good idea. Someone has to make the thing, though.....

I think that when somthing like this happens, when somebody gets hurt, some dies, or something we all should get together and make a get well card and we all could sigh it and/or add a little message or something. I think I remember us doing something like this before or something....so, you guys think we should do something like this for Sam's friend just to help show her that people are thinking of her and that we do care?
Great idea. :)

would this be a real card or an e-card...I could do an e-card, and I'd try to do a real card, but it would have to be sent to me...
Probably it'd be easier to do an e-card type thing. Just an image would be fine - I can print it out and give it to her. Strangely enough, she doesn't give a flip about compys(!?), so that's probably what I would have to do anyway. :)

EDITS: Forgot to mention her name if anyone had wanted to personalize the card if anyone makes it; it's Liz.

Archived