Home

How Do Calo Nord And Twin Suns Survive?

Diego Varen

On KOTOR, I've always wondered how does Calo Nord survive from Taris. I can't think how he survived.

And also on TSL, how does the Twin Suns survive on Nar Shaddaa? I thought that it might be something they forgot to take out or something.

Post what you think.

I'm thinking Calo Nord had his own ship, within Davik's Estate. And the twins, i'm sure they had them too. I mean, it's completely possible just to get the hell outta dodge just in time.

I don't think it was ever said how he escaped but it is possible that he escaped on another ship (his own) or stormed the Sith base to get one from them. If you download one of the mods that recovers Deadeye Duncan's conversations, you'll find out some stuff that might apply to Calo Nord's escape.

As for the Twin Suns. It's possible that they have implants similar to Canderous. Remember in KOTOR, he does say his implants can revive him in order to play dead to save the crew after they've been captured. Since the Twin Suns are bounty huntresses, it is possible that they had implants as well.

As for the Twin Suns. It's possible that they have implants similar to Canderous. Remember in KOTOR, he does say his implants can revive him in order to play dead to save the crew after they've been captured. Since the Twin Suns are bounty huntresses, it is possible that they had implants as well.

If they had implants like that, they wouldn't be so stupid to take them out.

For Calo Nord i reckon he must've had a ship. I mean he was the best bounty hunter around, so he would have to have his own ship... and know how to get out of a sticky situation.

And for the sister, i reckon Atton was there just too wound them not too kill, but to be honest i think his mind was alittle set of saving the PC rather than killing to bounty hunters.

If they had implants like that, they wouldn't be so stupid to take them out.

I never said that they would have taken them out when they fought Exile. Since we don't know if they did or didn't it's just speculation on my part. It could also be possible that they survived the fight with Exile on Goto's ship but end up dying when the ship explodes.

But Melly is right. If you have Atton in your party to rescue the Exile, we find out that Atton didn't kill them - he struck them to wound them.

Atton: Not again!

Twin Suns: We meet again, handsome, strong... fearful human.

Twin Suns: Next time, strike to kill, not to wound. You will not escape us this time.

Atton: Run?! I didn't run from you two shuttas last time - and this time, I'm going to make sure you stay down.

Meh! This sort of thing happens all the time. How did Vader survive in ANH when he was in a damaged ship in the middle of nowhere? How did Grievous make it back from Coruscant to the Confederacy in a small escape pod without running into the Republic? How did Sion survive Peragus blowing to smithereens? How did Kreia survive when Nihilus and Sion stripped her of her power?

How did Vader survive in ANH when he was in a damaged ship in the middle of nowhere?

Darth Vaders Tie Advanced X1 Prototype had Shields and a Hyperdrive.

How did Grievous make it back from Coruscant to the Confederacy in a small escape pod without running into the Republic?

Escape Pods are not registered regularly as combattant craft during battle, remember that they had to be manually selected and targeted in ANH, and since Grevious would have no real life-signs (Cyborgs don't) and no one wastes a shot on an empty pod (ANH), Snidely "Grevious" Whiplash gets to escape. :xp:

How did Sion survive Peragus blowing to smithereens?

The Harbringer never was shown as being destroyed.

How did Kreia survive when Nihilus and Sion stripped her of her power?

They cast her out, Kreia's suffering was more valuable to them.

Back on-topic, Calo Nord was supposed to be a resourceful Bounty Hunter, so were the Twin Suns, hence they have a survivability chance no matter what they face.

"Chance favors the prepared mind." :D

CALO

With metal girders pinning him down, he was unable to move to free himself as Revan and Canderous, leaving him for dead, race towards the Ebon Hawk. Deafening explosions rocked the hangar and blew piles of concrete and steel around like litter in the wind.

Barely conscious and bleeding, Calo is released by an explosion that opened up the floor beneath him. Falling through the hole, he lands hard on the next deck below but with a hollow metal clang. Another explosion actually sat him up and he peered around only to realize he was actually sitting on top of a ship.

He remembered the common shuttle bay was directly beneath Davik's hangar.

Just then Calo does something he very rarely does. He smiled.

"I might actually get out of this." he thought as he slid down the wing and onto the deck.

Piloting through a maze of explosions and activating many of the cockpit's controls simultaneously, Calo does realize something about himself.

"I really am hard to kill..."

While staring into space, the images of Revan's and Canderous' escape burn into his head. "I will see them dead" he mutters as the hyperdrive whines and stars stretch into lines.

TWIN SUNS

"It's a shame we couldn't have met under *different* circumstances." thought Atton as he eyed his beautiful but deadly foes. The blue radiation of his personal shield flickered as he snapped it to life.

Just in time as a blow to the chest knocked him backwards, onto the floor and up against the bar, spilling juma juice down the front of him and causing his shield to crackle a bit.

Leaping up and squaring off at his foe duo, he circles them slowly. His echani blade seemed to come from nowhere to parry half a dozen quick strikes in a row. Although quick, the twi'lek hunter's strikes were lacking the power to do him real harm. Could it be the shields? or perhaps the correlian power suit he fancies so much?

No, it must be his training, unconsciously activating as he deflects then attacks, deflects then attacks. Realizing that if these two are on him then others must be after the Exile's other acquaintances. He also deduced that even though they were inferior to him, killing them would not be easy, or profitable and he had no time for a full-out battle. The others must be warned.

He decided, quite unconsciously, to draw them closer where he could immobilize them quickly and escape without delay.

Of course, a shot of juma before heading out is not out of the question.

But Calo didn't have the Sith auto-targeting laser codes (or whatever they're called - someone remind me), that Revan etc did. That's the biggest plot-hole in his escape, as far as I'm concerned.

He must be one bloody good pilot! :lol:

Remember, Deadeye Duncan said a handful of people escaped. He also tells us that the Sith sent down auto-piloted ships to evacuate the Sith soliders. So Calo could have easily found one near Davik's compound.

deadeye000314bt.th.jpg

While Deadeye Duncan was supposed to be in the official game it was cut out. It was only due to a modder that the content was recovered.

But Calo didn't have the Sith auto-targeting laser codes (or whatever they're called - someone remind me), that Revan etc did. That's the biggest plot-hole in his escape, as far as I'm concerned.

He must be one bloody good pilot! :lol:

They were about to board the Ebon Hawke when you arrived. This makes me think that Davik and Calo had just barely gotten the code.

Meh! This sort of thing happens all the time. How did Vader survive in ANH when he was in a damaged ship in the middle of nowhere?

I read somewhere he crash landed on the planet Vaal. He had to trek through the planet to get to an Imperial Relay Outpost while fighting vicious creatures and finally gets a shuttle back to Corusant.

Remember, Deadeye Duncan said a handful of people escaped. He also tells us that the Sith sent down auto-piloted ships to evacuate the Sith soliders. So Calo could have easily found one near Davik's compound.

deadeye000314bt.th.jpg

While Deadeye Duncan was supposed to be in the official game it was cut out. It was only due to a modder that the content was recovered.

That's intriguing, I had no idea about that. Cheers for the information.

That's kind of interesting though that the Sith took it upon themselves to rescue those stationed on the planet, cos I doubt Malak ordered it to be so, given the way that he dismisses Saul's concerns for their "own men" that would be caught in the attack.

They were about to board the Ebon Hawke when you arrived. This makes me think that Davik and Calo had just barely gotten the code.

I thought that the only way they could get them was through breaking into the stationed Sith military base, and that T3-M4 was the only one who could break into there. Oh well, I guess it's all just about speculation - we'll never know, it's just implied that there was some other way in which they were initially (until you showed up) going to attempt to escape.

What the ..?

How can Boba survive that? And where did you get that information?

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bobafett/?id=eu

Fett's armor and body were extremely battered by his ordeal in the Sarlacc. When he plunged into the beast, he was kept alive by numerous fibrous suckers that attached themselves to his body. This was part of the Sarlacc's horrible metabolic process; it would keep its prey alive for thousands of years, all the while slowly feeding off it. Fett almost lost his identity in the swirling dementia brought about by the Sarlacc's toxins. His resolve held, and he used his weapons to blast free of the beast.

Naked, wounded, and defenseless on the sands of Tatooine, Fett was rescued by his fellow hunter Dengar, who nursed him back to health. Fett reclaimed his armor and his reputation, returning from the "dead," and again taking on bounties. It wasn't until six years after the Battle of Endor that Han Solo learned his nemesis was still alive. Although Fett still piloted his antiquated Slave I, he updated his arsenal with the ultrasleek Slave II. These were but the first two of his vessels, which would eventually number up to Slave IV.

Archived