Home

Class Changes?

Niner_777

Maybe there could be lots of classes that could be used for many things. Each class would have different weapons, as well as each faction. There would be more classes to choose from, but some of them might not do well on certain maps. The AI would be smart enough not to use those classes, hopefully, but you could if you wanted. For example, there could be an anti-tank tooper, but he wouldn't be as effective on a map without any vehicles, therefore, the AI won't use it. You could if you felt like pounding a rocket into somebody's face though.

Also, I think that a machine gun would be cool. I'm not talking about the basic rifle, as that doesn't shoot very fast. There could be a person who runs around with a mounted machine gun, though this probably wouldn't be very effective. Maybe the machine gun guy could have something like the Heavy Trandoshan LS-150 reapeater thing. There could also be a submachine gun like the DC-17m blaster. There are many good weapons in the Star Wars universe that could have been put in the game to add diversity, as well as many that they could make up.

Well, more diverse weapons are a must. Heck, Republic Commando rules when it comes to weapon design. Mind you, sniper rifles aren't that heavy, so unless someone's carrying an anti-armour sniper, you shouldn't slow down significantly when carrying one (of course, this assumes that you want realistic movement speeds, rather than Sonic the Hedgehog speeds!)

I loved the weapon design in Republic Commando. The designs are fine in battlefront (the few that they have), but they don't have the same feel as the ones from RC. They just don't seem as detailed and the presence doesn't really make a big difference. It's kind of like it wouldn't make a difference if you were holding a gun at all, though I'm very glad that you are.

It's called "decent graphics and weapon models". I mean, where are the reloading animations. Heck, Halo has the sniper rifle with a "functional scope" that you can use un-zoomed and Half Life 2 even positions the gun realistically to take into account you aiming up/down and swinging off the shoulder when turning.

RC has guns that have an impact and the rate of fire on the machine gun was high, but damage low, so at least you could hit a running target!

Oh, the Wookie Rocket Launcher is far too good. I'd have that as the Rebels' missile type.

The Wookie rocket launcher was very powerful, if that's what you mean. I agree it would be cool if that was the Rebels' rocket launcher. The one they have is so generic. The one from RC had really good detail too. I doubt it would be as detailed in battlefront.

Snipers need the targeter upgrate in unzoomed mode.

I agree in BF1 they are over powerful with orbital strikes(spam them and you get crazy kills)

But since BF2 is more dynamic snipers should at least get a built in targeter(not a ductape stripe on the LCD)

With the pistols being nerfed they have no close in weaponary, even worse than the rocket guy in this case. I mean, rocket guy got gockets as EXTRAS, and sniper award rifle is worse than the regular one, almost never HS, and have long cool down time between shots.

It will make them more playable and not overly powerful since they can't really hide a snipe well in BF2 without crawl mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, sometimes it is fun to snipe, but taking away prone took away some of the fun. They also need the target in unzoomed mode. I've learned to be pretty accurate without the target, but not always. In BF1 I used the orbital strike, but I think it is fine without them. Also, I think that the award sniper rifle is worse than the regular sniper rifle. I'd think they'd at least give them another zoom, not take one away.

What do you think of having melee attacks? I've seen a map for BF1 where there are melee attacks, but you can't shoot when in that mode; it replaced the rifle, but you could switch back and forth. What do you think about having attacks like the vibro shivs from RC?

Maybe it's a little bit crazy idea but I think the red ammo boxes on field must be changed. Let them look more like ammo instead of a red light.

The view from the rifle must be changed. Just as in Republic Commando the "helmet view".

And the clone commanders must look more like commander cody and commander 2224.

And last: In anakin's starfighter you see an "R2 unit" uhhum. Please make this dustbin more like an R2.

Archived