Home

If You Play Battlefront 1, Please Read Me...

Flowing Force

The forum of BF1, here, is not the most lively place in Cyberspace.

I own both BF1 and 2, but play almost exclusively BF1, as I find it more playable than BF2. Personal opinion. I like BF 2, also.

But because I only play BF1, and only do THAT online, and absolutely love doing it, I'm compelled to ask you, the reader of these words, to leave a post, here, if you DO still play BF1.

I'm hoping we can revive this forum, a bit. I've got some questions with BF1, and if there's a few players out there, then maybe you guys do, too. I'd love to get some discussions going, share some tips, and maybe even battle side-by-side in game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! EXCELLENT! Well I play BF1, and I'm jonesing for a few more players to join in the mayhem! There's not a virtual army of players like in BF2, but we still have some pretty hectic battles!

PErsonally, I use only the 1.2 patch, and NOT the 1.3. I'm not sure how many people play with 1.3 online, as there's a different server list, I'm pretty sure. Definitely so for games of BF1 without a patch.

KEep posting! MAybe we can realy roll into a resurgence of followers!

Ummm... Nothing, really complex to join GameSpy, as far as *I* know. Just click on the prompts, and when you log-on to multiplay mode, you're there.

It's entirely possible that you did what I did when I first attempted to join:

It'll have a field to enter your Nickname, then a field to enter your Email address, then a field to enter your password. Under that are the options "Enter Gamespy", then "Create GameSpy ID", then "Enter Without Logging In" . Fill out all 3 fields of info, and THEN click on "Create Gamespy ID". At first, I thought that clicking this button would bring me back to this very same screen, and that what I was supposed to do was fill in the fields and click "Enter Gamespy". This is not the case. Fill in the nickname, Email, and password, THEN click "Create Gamespy ID". Now, whenever you click "Enter Gamespy", you will have the choice to connect via LAN or internet. I always choose internet (because I don't have a LAN), and >poof<, I'm online, choosing a server to play on.

I personally play with the 1.2 patch. Some gamers use no patch on thier BF game. Others use the 1.3 Beta patch. A patch alters (usually for the better) several game features, oftentimes correcting "mistakes" in the game's original release format, and making the game cooler in several ways, and your server selection depends on your patch status. In other words, if you have 1.3 installed, and I have 1.2 installed, you and I will have a different set of servers to choose from, and likely cannot play together online, as 1.3 servers host 1.3 gamers, and 1.2 servers host for 1.2 gamers. The differences in patches are somewhat minor, but may greatly alter your playability and enjoyment of the game. Usually, patches greatly improve a game, the way a bandage improves one's skin after being damaged.

I'm going to start a thread asking about the differences between the two main patches (1.2 and 1.3 Beta). There are many writen "Selling Points" that preach of the "update", though there ARE a substantial amount of people who prefer the 1.2 over the 1.3 patch... like in Star Wars Battlefront 2, several people prefer the game WITHOUT the new 1.1 patch that was recently released.

Anyways, here you go...

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Battlefront.htm

I opened Battlefront and chose my profile. Then I clicked on multiplayer. It asked me to choose between Internet or LAN. (There was another one too. It was like connect directly.) I chose Internet. Then I filled out the the name, email address, and password. Then I clicked on "Create Gamespy ID." It said something like "the connection was lost. Please try over." So I did. It came up with the same thing. So I tried over. Same message.

It shouldn't be this difficult. I haven't installed any patches, unless my dad did. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Hmmmmph. Could be technical, I don't know. Never encountered that, and I'm not a "computer-type-of-guy", so I don't know of how I can be of help, here. Good Luck. WHEN you find success, let me know by posting here again.

Anyone?

Alconium-- Guild Wars???

Commander Obi Wan-- I know it could change as time goes onwards, but right now, your curent avatar is pretty awesome... that stick-figure, Darth Maulish, Matrixy animation. And I'd consider making the $20.00 (or less) investment and getting the game now while you can. I, personally, have owned both for a few months, and I enjoy BF1 more than BF2 right now (though I feel that may change someday, as I may get bored with BF1 eventually)... so much so that I've played BF1 about-- literally-- 20 or 30 times more than BF2. There are many great things in BF2 that I so-o-o-o-o wish existed in BF1, but the playability of BF1 is more user-friendly to me, and there ARE some FANTASTIC things in that game that are lacking in BF2. When it's off the shelves, it will be so forever.

I haven't succeded yet, but I think I know what might be causing it. I think that my firewall might be causing me to have a bad connection? I'll have my dad look into it. Hopefully I'll see you online soon.

I'll post to let you know when I do.

I recently purchased SWBF1 strictly for MP on the LAN in my home. Unfortunately the rest of the people i live with has not gotten into the game as I have. Now I am shopping for a group to play with now and then. Let me know how I can hook up with you guys and we'll give it a go.

My gamespy ID is Budman_ALE, or you can IM me through MSN messenger at ericofgcs@hotmail.com.

Coolness... I'm using the 1.2 patch right now, and using the servers online through "Gamespy". Sounds like you can host, then, through your setup??? I'm pretty naive to LANs and I have no clue what an MP is... besides Military Police... and I'm sure you don't have one of them on your LAN at home. Please explain what this means to me-- a guy in East Coast America.

I'm in the proccess of not only trying to find out WHICH of the two primary patches is BETTER to be playing on (1.2 or 1.3), but I'm also looking into Mods, which I'm eager to try out this week sometime. I'll be Emailing you.

In the meantime, any mature gamers who want to fight back-to-back or toe-to-toe with a Republic Jet Trooper can reach me at Yoda.Spunk@gmail.com.

Don't get the 1.3 update, there are only about 4 servers online that use it. Stick with 1.2, or upgrade to it if you're lower. Unfortunately there are only about two servers that regularly have more than 6 or 8 people on at a time, and about four that sporadically have multiple players. Everyone seems to have gone over to BF2. I like BF2, but it's too chaotic and quick for my tastes. I still play a lot of BF1.

HAH! No way! Great advice indeed! Funny, though, because I just figured all that out first-hand last night! I had this posted this on the forum already under another title, so I went ahead and tried it after several days of not getting any responses. There were literally 3 servers when I joined-- two of which had no players, and one that had only one player. I noticed nothing new about the game... not really any improvements... I only noticed that the cloud cars on Bespin have a brilliant flickering flash of light from thier engine while flying, whereas that's missing from the 1.2 version (as well as the movies). Lousiest thing about it was that after I deleted ALL of the files, I had to STILL uninstall the entire game and reinstall it.

John Locke-- I, too, find BF1 simpler to play, and have uninstalled BF2 from my computer. If you want to, just for giggles, lemme know what your nick-name is, and when you usually play, so I'll know your "face" in the Battlefront.

Budman Ale-- How you doing? You 1.2 patched? When do you usually play?

Again, I'm on the 1.2 patch using Gamespeak servers, and I play ALOT at late-nite into very pre-dawn morning (U.S. East Coast time).

well it's nice to know some people here still play bf1 online i'd likes your names to if ya don't mind, mine's player 1ben (i didn't know you could erase the player 1 part when i started and i got used to it so i always use it now) and i'm usually on sometime after 2:00 pm est almost every day

I play as =TPR=LostLocke. (Yes I actually joined a clan)

FlowingForce - I'd reconsider reinstalling BF2. One way I found to make it easier to learn it is play instant action with the four maps that are the same from BF1 (Hoth, Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace, and Yavin 4 Temple), then you know the layout and can just concentrate on learning the new game styles. It's not too bad when you get the hang of it.

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I didn't uninstall BF2, though, because of difficulties in playing the game... I just find BF1 to be more user-friendly... easier playability. I can list several things I enjoy MORE in BF2 than BF1, but-- as a whole-- I simply enjoy the first one much too much. I tend to sink my interests devotedly (obsessively?) into such things one-at-a-time. I'm totally cool with BF2, but there ARE some big changes made between the games, and I'm WAY too impressed with BF1-- moreso than BF2, believe it or not-- to devote my game-time elsewhere right now.

Excellent advice, though, and I thank you for offering it. I shall reinstall it soon enough. Right now I've just begun to explore the wonderful world of mods, and am using the extra memory for that.

Archived