Home

If You Play Battlefront 1, Please Read Me...

Flowing Force

...Flowing Force. I am usually up pretty late myself and I am two hours behind you so we should be able to get a game together.

As far as hosting goes, I haven't tried but I am positive I can. oh, and the MP was multi-player. I am pretty sure that I have my system patched to 1.2 but I could be wrong. I d/l'ed both and can't remeber whether I ran both or not. I haven't found where I can tell in the game so I am guess it's 1.2.

If you really want to throw down sometime, contact me on MSN messenger, because it will be easier to set everything up that way. Otherwise I might just run into ya on the net.

Let me know...

Budman(ALE)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for helping out, John Locke. I'm hoping to game with you guys soon!

For some unknown reason, the thread that I started about The New Renaissance of BF1 online gaming has mysteriously disappeared from the forum.

Hmmmph. And people were really starting to respond, too.

Anyways, if you want to get in on the NEWLY RELEASED MODS for BF1 that I'm hosting-- Tatooine Fueling Station (as well as a few other really exciting maps), then check out the website, download the mod-list I've posted there in Docking Bay 94, and meet us on the Battlefront!

Flowing Force....i prefer I to II.....I is more arcade....and since the controls chained...i didn't feel like re-learning all of that again....

i still only play I. there are fewer games but that's nice since the lag is always low and there seem to be less jerks.

Flowing Force....i prefer I to II.....i still only play I. there are fewer games but that's nice since the lag is always low and there seem to be less jerks

Thanks for expressing your interest, Ringworm. Let's hope THIS thread doesn't just dematerialise from existence, the way that my OTHER thread did.

See-- there seems to be a powerful resurgence of interest in BF1 (as well as a devotion by fans who never quit it), and for some unknown reason, certain people here-and-there seem to be either intimidated by this or irritated by it. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems that I've been banned or restricted from 2 other forums for rallying up the lovers of BF1 together to express our devotion to the game, and arrange to play together... BESIDES the missing disappearance of my thread from this forum.

But make no mistake...

The New Renaissance of the original Star Wars Battlefront has ALREADY BEGUN to dawn.

I'll be writing a new thread, updating you all to what's been happening on OTHER forums, as well.

If anyone wishes to recieve the list of mods we play online, come to the website of The New Renaissance .

There was no need to post the same thread all over the place. I deleted the others.

Cool then. I appreciate your straightforwardness, Star Wars Phreak, as well as your lack of unneccesary hostility-- which is what I've experienced elsewhere. Your moderating, here, in this instance, has been effective in maintaining the Flow of the forum without disruption-- which is a quality that alot of moderators (on other forums) should adopt.

Again-- I'm cool with you, and truly appreciate your discretness-- though I must admit, a quick and informative PM would have been nice.

I must say-- Each of "my" threads were, in fact, different-- and though the underlying messages may have been the same, I was holding seperate and individual conversations with different forum members. I speak to you from a place of peace, Here and Now, and mean NOT to question your authority as Super Moderator. I mean only to show that, undeniably, each and every thread on any forum IS unique, as currently there are SEVERAL threads STILL scattered throughout the forum which have extremely similar themes and motives, with different information-exchanges and different conversations amongst different people.

Note that in THIS thread, the one you allowed to remain, my purpose was to "revive this forum a bit, get some discussions going, share some tips, and maybe even battle side-by-side in game".

However, in the one you deleted, my purpose was to inform fellow players of SWBF of The New Renaissance, and to provide a structure that interested gamers may use, so that we may ACTUALLY game together instead of just talking wistfully about it in dead-end conversations that don't actually amount to anything substantial or productive.

So-- though I held a few similar conversations on related threads, I kept it tight, making sure to avoid "posting all over the place".

I WILL take extra care, however, to avoid posting the same threads all over the place.

I haven't had SWBF1 installed in ages, but I did play a lot on echonet server.

Cool... I've not seen Echonet. Consider dusting off the Ol' BF1, and giving it another whirl. If you're interested in doing so, I hope to see you in the Battlefront.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know, Flowing Force, I am interested in playing SWBF1 online. However, as I already mentioned, I am unable to play online yet. I've done some research and have found some information that could help me get online. My dad said that he'd help me work on getting online this summer. I hope it works.

Just to let you know, Flowing Force, I am interested in playing SWBF1 online. However, as I already mentioned, I am unable to play online yet. I've done some research and have found some information that could help me get online. My dad said that he'd help me work on getting online this summer. I hope it works.

I decided the other day while playing SWBF2 on the PS2 that I wanted to try out SWBF on the PC online, haven't decided which one to get though, SWBF1 is alot cheaper.

WOW! EXCELLENT!

lol, the response you got was far from "excellent".

I decided the other day while playing SWBF2 on the PS2 that I wanted to try out SWBF on the PC online, haven't decided which one to get though, SWBF1 is alot cheaper.

EXCELLENT!

Oh.... Ummmm...

Well...

It's excellent to me, anyways. I hope you'll at least check out the website of SWBF1's New Renaissance before you decide.

You already KNOW there are currently many more people playing SWBF2, but if you ask around or read the forums, you'll find that-- despite some really great changes that are exclusive to SWBF2-- the general concensus seems to be that the original, award-winning SWBF has less bugs, smoother gameplay, and a more authentic "Star Wars" feel.

lol, the response you got was far from "excellent".

Yes, Thank you, MachineCult. It would seem that the responses are less than seismic, but no less excellent per response. I honour everyone's opinions-- as there ARE those who prefer SWBF2-- but for the most part, all of the forums I've posted on get favorable responses from the readers. Again, there isn't a tidal wave of those responses, but almost all of them DO support or agree with me.

"We will be patient."

................. Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, Episode I

FF...I will mention your idea for a Renaissance to the rest of the TPR clan for their thoughts. I think if you could compile a fair amount of consistent maps, they, or at least some of them, would be willing to give it a try.

-- the general concensus seems to be that the original, award-winning SWBF has less bugs, smoother gameplay, and a more authentic "Star Wars" feel.

I couldn't agree more. I think the first thing I noticed when playing SWBF2 was its "whip-lash" sense of movement. Every time I turned the whole map seemed to spin wildly. SWBF1 has a more realistic style of dimension.

Ideally, to me, instead of coming out with a new version, they should have created an expansion pack, simply adding these new classes, weapons, vehicles, and maps....while maintaining the original gaming style.

Your ally in the Renaissance......

LostLocke

Just to add....1.3 did have one good, useful improvement.....

When viewing a Droidika from some distance, it no longer would run over the same course 3 or 4 times, or drop from a height add reappear again, or roll around in circles before seeming to teleport across the map.

You could actually watch and follow it the whole time.

That's it.

FF...I will mention your idea for a Renaissance to the rest of the TPR clan for their thoughts. I think if you could compile a fair amount of consistent maps, they, or at least some of them, would be willing to give it a try.

Sweet! Yeah-- I'm not sure what constitutes a "fair amount", but I'd like to continue with my original idea of hosting around 6 or 7 mod-maps at a time, for a week or so... at which point I replace half or so from the list with NEW maps we can explore, while still hosting our favorites from the previous weeks.

I'm doing this to appease a greater "audience" of gamers:

1) Players who can only game for an hour or two can still get to play all or most of the maps I'm hosting.

2) Those players who play for a few hours or more will likely get to play each map a few times.

3) There's always something fresh to look forward to, and it creates the opportunity to find new favorites.

4) There's some degree of consistency for those who like playing thier favorite mod-maps repeatedly.

Essentially, there's not too much spontineity, always requiring people to download a different mod, and yet there's not too much stagnation of the same-ol'-same-ol'. For those gamers with jobs & children-- the one's who only devote one day a week towards playing SWBF, the itinerary is great. For those who game almost every day for hours at at time, the itinerary is great... because I'm hosting only the best mods I've found and continue to find.

I couldn't agree more. Your ally in the Renaissance...

Ahhh... Thank you for your support, John Locke. Sincerely. It seems that there are LOTS of players who feel as we do-- and who have read my invitations to join in on the fun that THEY THEMSELVES desire to have (again?) in thier gaming-- yet they haven't joined the forum of The New Renaissance , and many don't offer thier support, here.

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE! I invite you, again, lovers of SWBF1 to share some of your game-time with us! If YOU'RE hosting cool mod-maps, then let me know about it! I don't want to "steal" anyone away, nor am I eager to have hits on my website... I just want to play really good maps with a group of mature-acting players. If you want the same thing, then sign-in at the website of SWBF1's New Renaissance , or PM me here, and tell me what you're up to.

There's ALOT of people who share the same attitudes and desires towards the original SWBF, yet I'm STILL playing awesome maps in multi-player games alone more than 90% of the time.

OK, to clarify consistent, and to add another thought.......

I'm thinking there should be a "base" selection of maps, maybe 2 to 4, that are always there, never change, so players have a chance to get used to them. Then other maps could be added or changed as popularity dictates. That way players aren't overwhelmed by a constant change and influx of different maps. Sure we're bored with the same LucasArts maps over and over again. But there is a comforting familiarity about them. Maybe some of the custom maps should generate that same feeling.

Just a thought. Let me know your feelings.

I'm thinking there should be a "base" selection of maps... that never change... Then other maps could be added or changed as popularity dictates. Let me know your feelings.

"Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts."

.......................... Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, Episode I

"What does your heart tell you?"

.......................... Shmi Skywalker, To Anakin, Episode I

It seems that we pretty much want exactly the same thing. I'm going to steer this thing on instinct, hosting intuitively as the weeks and months bring more and more players and newer and newer maps. I'm really excited as ever to try alot MORE mods I'm "holding on reserve" right now, PLUS the many, many others that I've yet to explore!

However, your words are strong, and I have heard them. I, too, would like to maintain a couple of "regular" maps that can be frequently visited...

As more and more people join The New Renaissance, I'll eventually facilitate asomething of a structure... only then will I know what the popular "audience" wants, and we can express out our opions and requests in forum discussions and voting polls. Some of the favorites, I'm sure, will last for several months. Eventually, however, the tides may change, and with it we will continue to ride. If that progress remains rooted by a consistent "home" map or two, then so be it. I like your idea.

Again, I support anyone else in thier own efforts to bring about this revival in thier OWN way, as well... I'm not a dictator of anybody's fun... but I DO have an agenda for how I'D like to facilitate this New Renaissance in the Star Wars Battlefront community, and I'm glad, John Locke, to see your interest, hear your suggestions, and have your support.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'M ONLINE!!!

The saga contines! I'm glad to hear it, Niner, 777. Congrats! I hope to see you soon on the galactic Battlefront!

I might start playing Battlefront 1 again when the 1.3 patch(not beta version) comes out, that depends of course on how that patch improves on the lag issue front.

Oooo... Ummm... That might be, like, never.

Seriously. I'll eat my hat if they make the 1.3 "official".

As far as lag goes... I'm not a computer expert, but I've got a gamer friend who is who tells me that lag isn't so much a game-related issue as much as it is a connection/bandwidth issue.

If you decide you wanna play "the best" of what's currently availible, feel free to ride with us upon the spearhead of The New Renaissance.

Flowing Force, i got a adequate connection(8mb/s internet, i can run Counter Strike, CS:Source, Jedi Academy, even Farcry along the pings of 40-100, and many other games work fine for me online without any lag) for playing SWBF online, but i still get ping along the lines of 300-600 range wich makes gaming for me impossible cause people warp around to much. And my computer is fully capable of running SWBF 1 so the lag isn't caused by that either.

Flowing Force, i got a adequate connection for playing SWBF online, but... people warp around to much.

Hmmmph... I wish I knew more about this stuff. I wonder if your computer needs a wee-bit more memory... What I DO know is that if your computer bogs down or gets choppy when there's alot of action going on simultaneously (lots of players, lots of AIs, explosions, etc.), the problem may well disappear if you increased your systems memory by a lil' bit.

But I don't know, really. Perhaps the answer already exists (or will soon exist, if you ask) in the Technical Support forum.

Or here, if someone posts some insight or helpful advice.

I wish you good fortune, none-the-less.

Archived