Home

Canderous sidequest bug? - Kotor I

Miltiades

I haven't had this problem before. I've finished all the sidequests of my partymembers, except for Canderous' one. Since I started this last game, it has been difficult to get new dialog out of Canderous. Now, he only has to tell one story anymore, about when he worked for Davik, but he doesn't say anything about it.

I know normally new dialog triggers when you up a level, but I'm already at Lvl. 19, and I'm afraid the dialog won't trigger. Normally, the dialog would already have been triggered, because of all others it does. I already have 2 Star Maps, and when I'll be getting the next, then it will be too late to trigger Canderous' quest with Jagi.

I tried to fix it by changing my saved game in Kotor Tool, by changing G_CAND_STATE from 6 to 7 in the Global Variable Editor, but that didn't work. I also tried to change the G_CAND_PLOT from 0 to 1. If I then talk to Canderous, then he mentions his meeting with Jagi, and that he has to go to Tatooine, but it's not mentioned in the journal, nor does Jagi show up on Tatooine.

Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong?

You were right to set G_CAND_PLOT from 0 to 1. If I am reading the decompiled k_ptat_jagienc.ncs correctly, you'll need to also set K_MESS_CANDEROUS (a boolean) to TRUE. Do that and then retry Tatooine with Canderous in your party. :)

• 2 years later...

Well, I know this topic is very old, but, as I have the same problem or similar, and is like this:

I've done the Jagi Sidequest, and I know Canderous has more things to tell me, and the journal entry for Jagi is still active. What to do to fix this? I've tryed the KotOR Tool modification but it's even worse, some of my party members has their diallogues reset to the first one, and now there is the gizka diallogue option when I've get rid of them long time ago....

Anybody? Please? Pretty please?

Archived