Home

It's finally happened!

Frank the Tank

And the Guybrush pants! Yeah with no sign of classic SCUMM game sequels, I have been sucked into the World of Warcraft phenomenon. The last time I did much around here was when Galaxies first came out, and I was going to do an article on it. Obviously, that never happened :p But I am liking the look of this Plunder3D so I will be checking up on that from time to time.

elTee did you used to have a different name? I remember working with someone from LucasTones a while back, heh.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After NGE, sorta. WoW has a lot of amazing content, but Galaxies still had great environment-player connectivity. For instance, guild cities and player houses and vendors made Galaxies amazing. If every player in WoW wanted their own house somewhere on the map, there'd be no space left on the map at all. The world is a lot smaller, but there are seperate instances (like unique images of a certain dungeon), so there's never too much of a problem finding something to do.

Honestly, all of the different quests in Galaxies never interested me, they seemed kind of dull. But WoW is loaded with unique quests, I really enjoy it. My heart still holds a place for Galaxies, though, because it was my first MMO, and before the NGE junk, it had a very unique leveling system. Also, the entire becoming a jedi thing was so hard that it made it so much better back then, because only a few would have jedi, and they would deserve it. Now everyone gets to be one? Bleh.

As for PvP, hmm. I like WoW's because I'm a mage, but in Galaxies I was a medic/doctor/combat medic, so I died early and fast. But I still enjoyed most of it. Especially having your own bases in the world. Features like that made Galaxies great.

If I put them next to each other, WoW beats Galaxies hands-down. I have been playing for a year and a half now. I played Galaxies for about 5 months than on and off for another 5. Being able to solo a lot of things is what makes WoW great to me, because a lot of people on the net are morons and I don't want to deal with most of them if I don't have to :p. Except for my guild, which is mostly smart. Mostly.

Edit: And yes, I remember you Ghost Pirate LeChuck haha.

This is why it is prudent to change your name roughly every two years, or perhaps on an exponential curve depending on how old you are. I really should know better.

But of course it's all useless if you tell people who you used to be...

*sigh*

Archived