Home

where are the lightsaber duels?

kobem

Yeah, I believe LucasArts has a policy now that if it says "Star Wars" on the box, Jedi must be featured heavily even if they have nothing to do with the timeline.

Look at SWG -- it's supposed to take place between ANH and ESB and the game is filled to the brim now with jedi.

That, along with the focus on the prequels, has made me basically write off the entire Star Wars franchise. I never even bought SWBFII and wouldn't have until it hit the slop bin (IE: $20 or less), but a friend gave me her copy because she was bored with it. It was fun at first, but honestly, in the end, it devolved into the same kind of arcadey BS as SWBF1.

I just don't think the Lucas empire puts out quality product anymore. At least not as a rule. More as an exception.

erm... there were jedi. you just couldnt play as them. and it was worse because you either had to do some extreme teaming to kill them, or land a ship on them to make them go away. And as for the command posts, with a vehicle they were all in capture range of eachother. its just a feature of the game. its cool. don't diss. :)

Yeah, but I've watched the bots, it takes one bot less than a second to neutral your command posts, but you take ages to neutral one of theirs. WTF???

Also, no one can hate the classic Kashyyk (?!?) docks. Also, for a team game, using extreme teaming to kill someone is kinda the point.

Heck, on PS2, BF1 has better graphics and controls in split screen. Oh and Rhen Var is pretty close to being perfect.

BF1 is less "spammy" in comparison, although it does have it's probs to be honest.

you could have first person in vehicles.... that rules.

What i meant by the extreme teaming is that you have to get about 4 people together to kill a jedi on that game. all of you firing. one with rockets. i suppose the graphics were better in some respects, but in BF2 they are better elsewhere.

Yeah, but I've watched the bots, it takes one bot less than a second to neutral your command posts, but you take ages to neutral one of theirs. WTF???

Also, no one can hate the classic Kashyyk (?!?) docks. Also, for a team game, using extreme teaming to kill someone is kinda the point.

Heck, on PS2, BF1 has better graphics and controls in split screen. Oh and Rhen Var is pretty close to being perfect.

BF1 is less "spammy" in comparison, although it does have it's probs to be honest.

Less Spammy?

You mean there is a place without rebel rocket spam and orbital rain??

You must have forgotten BF1 snipers, and the good old rocket destructions, and super tough vehicles.

BF1 snipers ruled though, now in BF2 you'll be lucky to use them in corridors it's so hard to hit anyone. Vehicles were actually useful in BF1. Heck, it was possible to kill people with them with little difficulty. The rest is on line issues, so I can't comment.

I meant spammy as in "the number of bullets required to hit a target".

Another advantage BF1 snipers had were larger levels where they could actually snipe. In BF2 you have a ton of mostly close quarters maps where snipers are all but useless...

I for one miss the orbital strike as well, nothing like seeing a rain of lasers pummel a AT-AT or AT-ET. Of course it didn't deal much damage as you would think, but it still looked awsome.

Yeah they should either bring back orbital strike, ot at least increase effectiveness of the stupid recon explosion. I mean, the huge orange blink is a dead giveaway, and not being able to move while count down is a biitch also, not to mention the low low damage.

• 5 weeks later...
Frankly, I'm tired of all the focus of Star Wars being on Jedi. I'd like to see some FPS and space combat games like the original Dark Forces -- without all the fancy schmancy force powers and such -- that focus on grunts. I've heard Republic Commando tried to do this, but again, because of the cross-platform development crap, they dumbed it down for consoles.

And Soul Calibre games aren't even as detailed as you could get in melee combat terms. They're just a set of pre-programmed moves like what you have in Jedi Academy and such. And the sabre combat in the JK/JA games basically sucked.

Republic commando my friend, republic commando

Archived