Home

An almost secret mission

Exactly a year after the battle of Yavin, a lone, but very talented and force sensitive Admiral of the Imperial fleet broke off with his fleet, the 284th Imperial fleet, thus allowing a breakthrought in the rebel part against the Empire. This all was disliked by the Emperor, so the young Admiral got a bounty on his head in no time and the Bounty hunters guild was on him like gum on a shoe. However, the Admiral was not unprepared, for he had a trustworthy crew of only volunteers that didn't want to join the Rebels or the Empire in the war. These volunteers replaced quickly those that wanted to return to the Imperial navy and held off the bounty hunters quite well. There were also mercenary and pirate fleets that wanted to join. They were included into the new fleet and given new armors and uniforms.

The Admiral changed the look of the fleet by painting the star destroyers and other ships into a red and gold colour and by painting his Executor Star Dreadnought(Sunshade) completely black instead of the standard greyish colour. The uniforms of the men were modified by changing their colours by ranks and by loosing the rank insignia tags on the chests. The troopers' armors have been changed to Phase II clone armor(That of Republic clones) and the armors are painted red with a golden Old Republic insignia on the left chest. The Admiral also changed the name of the fleet to the Grand Republic Navy.

Recently, the fleet had gotten major victories against the Imperial fleets after them and had recieved quite some attention from the Rebels. Now the Rebels have organized a team of ten of their most trustworthy soldiers to locate the Admiral and get him to join the Rebel Alliance.

However, also the Imperials have recieved information of the Rebels' plans and have organized a team of their own to follow the Rebels to the fleet and then destroy the Flagship(Sunshade), kill the Admiral and take command of the rest of the fleet.

------

Name:

Sex:

Race:

Homeplanet:

Position:

Side:

Other:

Appearance:

------

Name: Taund Golgoth

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Homeplanet: Chandrila

Position: Admiral of the Grand Republic Navy

Side: Grand Republic Navy

Other: N/A

Appearance: A black cloak with a golden old republic insignia on it, a red uniform with golden buttons, but wears no hat. About 6' tall and has black hair, green eyes and muscular body. There is a scar on his right cheek from a murder attempt. There are two blasters hanging from his belt and there is a vibroblade hidden in his other boot

------

Name: Angak Al-Saefar

Race: Weequay

Homeplanet: Coruscant

Position: Rebel Pilot

Side: Rebel Alliance

Other: Emukiel Ae-Saefar's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandson(Or at least very close to that number of forefathers between them)

Appearance: He wears the Rebel uniform but has modified it so that there is a picture of a lightsaber next to the Rebel insignia. He is no more than 5'6" and has ten braids of hair on his left side. You cannot tell his eye colour, for they are too dark. There is a modified blaster hanging on his right side and a vibroblade is hanging on the other. There is also a concealed vibrodagger in his boot

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as I like my Tay character, that's who'll be here :)

Name: Taynari (rhymes with 'bay-bar-e') Tanner (rhymes with 'gonner') (usually called 'Tay' (rhymes with 'bay') or 'Tan' (rhymes with 'lawn'))

Sex: Female

Homeplanet: "I have no home," Tay says if you ask her.

Position: Rebel pilot

Other: Tay carries twin sais, each 21 1/2 inches long and a very small blaster pistol that's surprisingly accurate for its size.

Appearance:Tay Tanner

Aboard Home-One

Angak looked around the briefing room, yawning after a long night of patrolling a nearby system. There was nobody else in the room yet but for Ackbar wating for the others of the assigned group to arrive. Angak drew his holopad open and looked at the small amounts of info he had gotten of the jedi of old. Especially of Emukiel Ae-Saefar. Nobody seemed to know anything about the jedi after the purge, mostly because of fear of Vader himself coming after them. However, he pressed a button and then skipped to see a picture of Admiral Golgoth, an ex-officer of the Grand Army of the Republic in the clone wars, a respected Admiral in the outer rim fleets and an extremely loyal person to he Old Republic. It was also rumoured that he knew and had helped jedi escape Vader's grasp. It was also a fiant rumour that he was trained in jedi skills, which had been denied by the Admiral many times to everyone who had asked about the rumour

Tay entered the room next and glanced around. There was only one other person there. She recognized him as a pilot, one of the few she'd never actually met. He was pretty good at the controls of most fighters, a fact Tay rather admired. She had spent her training time focusing on A-Wing and, in A-Wings, there was no equal.

After a moment's thought, Tay sat next to the other pilot and managed to catch a glance of the picture he was looking at.

"Ah, yes," she said. "The infamous Admiral Taund Golgoth. Who isn't interested in him these days?" The question was rhetorical and Tay continued. "I'm Taynari Tanner, but if anyone calls me Taynari, they usually aren't happy with the result. Call me Tay. You're a pilot too, yes?"

She already knew the answer, but she wanted to give him a chance to say something... she'd learned from experience that people tend to get rather bored if they don't get to talk.

"Angak Al-Saefar" he introduced himself and smled at her quickly. He wouldn't really mind if she kept on babbling. He had been been like some of his ancestors that liked to talk with people. He switched the picture to one that was showing the old jedi council with members like Juhn-Kai Ryu and Emukiel Ae-Saefar in it. The picture was fuzzy and old, so you couldn't make up alot of it, but it was the only picture he had of Eki

Tay took out her datapad and brought up a picture. "I'm gonna take a wild stab and say that the Weequay there is an ancestor of yours... here's one of mine."

The picture showed a smiling face with dark brown eyes, straight white teeth, and long, braided dark brown hair. "Picture's supposedly near 2000 years old," Tay said, "and yet it's almost like it keeps updating. Reason any of my ancestors kept it and the reason I keep it is that the facial expression changes almost daily... oh, there it goes now..."

The image had altered slightly, the woman's head at just a slightly different angle and her tongue was now between her teeth.

"The only reason we haven't written it off as a hoax is how long it's been in our family," Tay said, staring at the picture. "Not to mention there is a certain resemblance..." She held the picture up next to her own face. "See?"

The weequay merely nodded without even deciding to look at her holding the picture next to her face. He closed the datapad and put it away.

"That was indeed an ancestor of mine. Jedi council member, Jedi master and later Grand Master Emukiel Ae-Saefar" he explained before looking at the door where eight others walked in and took seats near the two. Ackbar turned toface them and gave them his normal, reassuring but still appropriate smile.

"As you all know, we have gathered you to go and find Admiral Golgoth" he started and pressed a button on the control pad ifront of him, the lights in the room dimming and the galaxy map appearing.

"We have recieved word of our agents on Corellia that the fleet has jumped out of hyperspace near the planet and is refueling. We will give you a Blockade runner for this mission, so get yourselves ready. Captain Ae-Saefar will be the pilot and the co-pilot you will decide amongst yourself. Tanner will serve as commanding officer. You might need cover-up, so get spare clothes if you get inspected by the Imperials. Remember, this is a covert-operation. If you fail, you never existed. May the force be with you" the Calamari said and walked off throught the side door and away as the lights lit up again and the galaxy map disappeared.

Ae-Saefar shook his head and stood up as the first one and headed for the door quietly. He was a quiet fellow indeed

Only twenty minutes later, Al-Saefar piloted the blockade runner out of the hangar of Home-One.

"Hyperdrives are go. Calculations ready. Blockade Runner 15-A-4 jumping to hyperpsace" he said into the comlink and Home-One's flight control repeated the checkup.

"Have a nice flight, 15-A-4" the control said before the ship accelerated

------

Near Corellia

The Rebel Blockade Runner finally jumped out of hyperspace, but nothing was to be seen but Corellia until a red-painted squadron of TIE-fighters flew over the rebels.

"Unidentified ship, please identify yourselves" a voice called over the radio, but Angak didn't reply.

"What do you think, Tay? Should we put up a fight or let them board us?" he asked

------

Aboard Sunshade

There was a call from the pit and the Admiral looked at the transport that had jumped out of hyperspace.

"Admiral, stealth generators are on. They can't see us"

"Sire, the ship hasn't replied. Should we fire a warning shot?"

"Hold your fire. We'll wait for a while. Get the tractor beam ready"

Angak was about to turn the radio on, but the ship shook violently and the Blockade runner started to move backwards. Angak looked at the radars and tried to get off of the tractor beam. However, the only thing he could do was turne the ship towards the Venator-class Star Destroyer that was pulling them in. The top of the ship opened up wide as a group of Imperial-class Star destroyers jumped from hyperspace near them. The rest of the fleet was hidden somewhere.

"They've got a strong hold. We can't brake loose. They've jammed our radio and blocked any other forms of communications. Those other Star Destroyers are near enought to capture any escape pod we launch. Whoever is in command is good at this..." he mumbled and sat back, releasing the ship to go with the tractor beam. However, he got interested when a Lambda-class shuttle suddenly appeared as if fom nowhere and headed their way. The Blockade runner stopped and the weequay tried to move the ship but the tractor beam was holding them still in place.

------

The ship shook violently again as the shuttle docked into the Rebel ship

The ship's door was forced open and a red light started to flash in the cockpit.

"Too late. These guys are inside" he said and drew is other blaster as he opened the door to the corridor just as the troops came inside the ship to takeit over. Their wapons were at stun, however. The others of the crew were stunned as the troops came for the cockpit. The weequay sighed as soon as he saw himself outgunned and outmanned.

Tay was one of the last to fall to the stun blasts and she managed to injure one of the troopers before being hit. Then, a stun bolt slammed into her and she staggered backward trying to fight it. As she fell, her head slammed against the control panels and her mind raced over Ackbar's final words to them.

If you get caught, you never existed.

After Tay was down, Angak saw that none of the crew was left and ropped his blasters, raising his hands. The troopers gathered the rebels into their shuttle and left for the Super Star Destroyer swiftly.

------

Eventually, the noise of an intercom woke the rebel crew up. The weequay had talked with the Admiral and now saton a chair next to the beds where the crew had been laid on.

"Gold Squad, please report for duty in Hangar 15" the intercom announced and then crackled shut.

Tay groaned and opened her eyes. The first person she saw was Angak, but had it been any other, her words would have been the same.

"Next time we get in this kind of situation, remind me that the human body was never meant to be hit by stun blasts..." she murmured.

"Hmh... At least we found the Admiral. We're aboard the Sunshade, in the medical bay" he said and looked at her and he other slowly waking crew members. He had no weapons and neither did the others. The weapons had been locked off into the armory.

"This ship is a masterpiece. Wait 'till you get to talk with the Admiral. You could think he never worked for the Empire" the weequay continued before standing up and walking to a screen on the wall. He pressed a button and the screen showed a map of the ship, a red dot blinking ontop of the medical bay

"I didn't have to. After I told him we were rebels, he could understand why we shot at his men" he said and smiled, a rare thing to see on his face nowadays.

"We're heading for a place called Malachor on the outer rim. He told me that he has set up a small shipyard there for repairing and repainting ships. I would only presume he's established his base there"

(Late as usual)

Name: Kal Carrs

Homeplanet: Korriban

Position: Corillean Corvett Pilot

Side: Rebel Alliance for the New Republic

Other: None

Appearance: Blonde, Blue eyes, 5' 8", 230 lbs. , Usually has a blaster under his clothes whatever they may be.

((I'm late as well. I shall be myself, as per usual, but this is before I rejoined the Jedi ranks, so if anyone knows me here, it's through his infamy as a Rebel-allied mercenary))

Name: Strider Flamehart

Race: Mostly Human

Homeplanet: Kyron

Position: Mercenary

Other: Uses a modified Samurai 3000 model Katana with cortosis-weave blade, dual projectile pistols (Doesn't like blaster bolt weapons much), and possesses a blue bladed lightsaber (Scarcely uses, lightsabers draw unwanted attention). Is also a former Jedi, therefor posseses Force powers.

Appearance: Blue eyes, black hair, red cloak & black outfit underneath, around six foot.. See signature/avatar.

-----------------------------

Strider rose to a sitting position on his bed in the corner. Luckily, few had made any indication of acknowledging him, and hoped to keep it that way as long as he could. As flattering as it was to him to be well known amongst the Rebel Alliance, he'd hoped his identity wouldn't be noticed, last thing he needed in a mission like this was that kind of attention. He listened to everyone's conversation, and observed the map that appeared on screen. Strider quickly spent a few moments committing it to memory, just in case, then resumed observing the conversation.

When he heard mention of Malachor, he decided to speak up. "Malachor? Wasn't that the system from which he last battle of the Mandalorian Wars was fought?" asked Strider.

Tay turned and saw Strider, recognizing him not from past sightings, but from pictures she'd been given before missions in which the Rebels employed him to aid them. She shrugged. "I wouldn't know... fan of history, are you Flamehart?"

Strider's piercing blue eyes turned to Tay at the mention of his name, "I am, yes, and I try not to draw that kind of attention, but I guess when you look like me, it's kind of hard not to, right?" he replied with a slight smirk on the corner of his lips. "As for being a fan of history, personally I'm not, let's just say I happen to know more about the past ages of the galaxy than I'd like to," he said.

Archived