Home

An almost secret mission

((Go with Valgo... who may or may not lead to the introduction of Emukiel into the RP. It depends on what you've got planned overall for this RP.))

Tay was still puzzled at Strider's answer to her questions and her confusion only increased. First, Strider mentioned knowing Riebe, which didn't make much sense given a normal human lifespan. Then, he suggested she might also be alive. On top of that, he complained of being so old and didn't seem terribly surprised at the mention of thousands of years worth of life lived by this 'Old Man of Malachor'.

And what of the 'Old Man' himself? Tay had a hard time believing that anyone could live for 'thousands of years'. Her confusion was increasing quickly and she blinked.

"I better not get a headache from these lifespan stretching tales," she grumbled.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Believe me, you will after you meet the old man. I had" the admiral noted and smiled at her. The intercom crackled open again and the captain started to talk.

"Sir, we're ready to land"

"Start the prochedures and keep an open line to Sunshade" the admiral told the captain and the intercom crackled shut.

The shuttle landed softly on a pavemented spot next to the structure, built by the admiral after his first visit, as he knew it would be wise to visit the man later on aswell.

The ramp lowered at the front of the shuttle and half of the ESC troops marched out to secure the area, even just for the sake of making sure.

The admiral stood up and walked to the door, opening it.

"Shall we, my dear rebels?" he asked and led them out to the asteroid, three droids giving them small oxygen bottles on their way out, which was just to make sure they would be allright out there. The leader of the ESC squad sent outside came up to the admiral as he stepped out to the asteroid and reported that everything was clear. The large, bulky doors opened to the group, even thought they were still by the shuttle. Throught the doors the could see a huge hall with a powerful light emitting from inside and a massive burst of force radiated from somewhere inside, but soon calmed down, like if somone had tested them. A strong presence could be felt by those that knew how to sence with the force, but to the others, it just felt as if someone was staring at them from behind.

"Is this feeling normal?" Angak asked quickly and the admiral nodded.

"Quite so. I don't know why he does that, but I would guess it's just to make sure we're not here to try and kill him" the admiral responded and Angak nodded.

"Well, lead the way then, admiral" the weequay said and looked at the open door

Strider nodded, able to feel the presence as well. Out of reflex, his hand had moved to his belt where his sword normally would have been, his face had a stupified expression for a second, then remembered that he didn't have his weapons. He lowered his hand casually, as if he was just merely adjusting his belt, and looked around. "Interesting way of greeting people," he said. He turned and looked directly at Tay, a voice whispering in the back of her head again, "I sense your confusion. I will further explain at a later time," he assured, then turned back to the open door, following the group should they start to leave.

The admiral looked back at the group and smirked before heading for the structure.

"Come along. The Old Man is waiting" e called out and walked swiftly across the platform and towards the doors that were at least ten times taller than he and half as wide as it was tall. As he reached the doors and passed throught, his eyes got comfortable with the light and saw the huge room with mirror-like walls with pipes and cords going along the walls. There was a seat in the middle of the room and a door right behind it on the back wall, leaving to the Old Man's sleeping quearters or something of it's sorts. The floor was made of the asteroid, but it's surface was flattened to enable safe walking across the room without stumbling into anything.

When the whole group was inside, the doors slammed shut and the figure sitting and leaning onto a staff looked up, his face still covered by the hood.

"Welcome admiral. I see you have finally brought me company worth of my advice. Welcome, great-grandson of Emukiel Ae-Saefar, Sith Hunter Strider Flameheart, great-grandaughter of Riebe. I have long waited for you. I am Valgo El-Maekar, former Jedi Master, former Jedi Council Member, former Jedi Grand Master and former Jedi Master in charge of the Jedi Academy of Sriluur" the figure said and a smile was on his lips, even if it was hidden by the distance between them.

Angak stepped forwards but the admiral stopped him suddenly. The weequay did nothing but brush the hand off of him and took another step forwards. He took a natural stance for him, something that had ran throught his family across times in accordance to a fighting stance every one of their family learned.

"Ah, a brave soul. And that stance... You are the great-grandson of Emukiel, for you are like twins with him. For your information, Emukiel has blended into the force and does well in playing tricks with the emperor" he said and a light chuckle under his breath filled the room as the echo that repeated the chuckle made it stronger than it was. His head dropped slightly and a lightsaber lifted from a hold behind Valgo's chair. It floated to Angak and dropped into his hand.

"Wield it carefully and ask advice from your friend" he said and his eyes seemed to concentrate on Strider and pierce inside his skull and into his mind. However, the exile was strong with his mind and the weequay could not get inside, which resulted into a grunt from Valgo's part

Strider smiled. He had felt his attempt to break into his mind, and upon witnessing his failure to do so, he spoke, "Anything you want from my head, Valgo, you may ask me verbally. By this point there is little information I would hold back from this group. As for asking advice from me, I'd be more than willing to give it. It's been ages since I was last a Jedi, but I've still maintained all my knowledge from it, if not more."

"Mmyes... Quite unfortunate that the council exiled the sith hunters. They could've been of use in the purge" Valgo said and rose his staff a bit off the air, only to hit it down again. The weequay did so a couple of times and then stood up, the robes droppig off of him and the group now seeing him completely and at his full lenght. He was wearing jedi robes and there were tens of braids on his head's left side. Not a wrinkle had come on him except those that were natural for even young adult weequays.

He walked quietly to the group, Angak stepping away from the jedi's way when he got to the group. Valgo still looked at the sith hunter quietly and stopped with mere inches between them. They were almost of same lenght, but Valgo was slightly smaller than Strider. A smirk appeared on the weequay's face and he grabbed his staff with his other hand suddenly, raised it and placed it on Strider's shoulder, examining him closely. Sometimes a faint 'Yes' left his lips as he still held the staff on the man's shoulder.

"You are indeed a fine experiment. One of the finest I have met except for Riebe, who is quite the different story" he said and then looked into Strider's eyes.

"Clear eyes, straght posture, a strong tie with the force. However, you could use some meditation. Your mind is strong but not quite as clear as it should be. I would guess you haven't meditated in quite a while" he said and then raised his staff to hit his head gently with it's side

Strider's hand shot up in a blur, almost as if he had seen it before it happened, and grabbed the staff firmly before it hit his head. "I wasn't the most pure of Jedi during my time as one. Before, and after, my exile, I did some things I wasn't too proud of. That being said, meditation isn't something that comes easy for me. As for being an experiment, I received little to no genetic enhancement upon joining the Sith Hunters. My senses were already sharp, my skill with a blade and my bare hands impeccable, and my age had already halted," Strider said sharply. There was no anger in his tone, just what seemed to be dissatisfaction within himself. "Can't attain a calm mind and body when you've betrayed those closest to," he added, his voice seeming to falter in its strength. With that, he let go of the staff and lowered his hand back down to his side.

Valgo smiled widely as the man grabbed the staff. He had quite expected that he would do it when he raised the staff onto the man's shoulder. The staff lowered again and the weequay place it's tip on the ground sturily and leaned over a bit to look deep into Strider's eyes. A chcukle left his lips that turned to a light laughter you wouldn't expect to get from someone asold as him with terrible things in his past.

"Good, good!" he suddenly said loudly, and there was no longer laughter in his words as he started to speak.

"The path of the Jedi isn't an easy one, and even if you succeed, it's a hard life. So said a dear friend of mine, Qui-Gon Jinn. And the path of an exile is even harder, I might say" the weequay said and started to walk back towards his seat. He suddenly stopped and turned, his eyes now catching te young female figure amongst the group.

"Hm... I never knew Riebe had siblings. You must tell me more of yourself, but not now" he said and then looked quietly at the group.

"Admiral, it is time for me to leave this asteroid and see the world again. And I don't care if Vader would send battallions of his best soldiers after me. I fought him and his damned purge once, and I can only be more powerful now after years of meditation. Admiral, i'm coming onboard of your Super Star Destroyer" Valgo said and stood at his whole lenght. He raised his hand and a belt lifted from behind his chair with his jedi robes. The objects floated to the weequay and he put them on. He took a step forwars, the two lightsabers on his belt slightly moving. His eyes went to Angak and he smiled.

"I will teach you Vaapad" he said and smiled at the fellow weequay. Angak was quite astonished of these sudden news and just stood there wit his mouth open and eyes as wide as they can be

Tay frowned, but said nothing. Her thoughts drifted to the legends that had been told within her family for nearly one thousand years, tales of how Riebe's family and the families of all the Sith Hunters were killed by the Sith and the Hunters themselves were captured and turned into what they would become.

In the midst of all the violence of the stories, the legends told a love story. Riebe had grown to love another Sith Hunter and they married and had a daughter and a son. The son was a fool and soon got himself killed. The daughter married and lived her life to a peaceful end, never truly knowing who her parents were.

Riebe and her husband, the Sith Hunter called Jokemaster, but whom Riebe knew as Jack, continued to watch over their daughter and her descendants for another five hundred years. Then, they went deeper into hiding after hearing that Strider Flamehart had been killed. Months later, Riebe returned to their hiding place to find Jack dead and she was ambushed there and was killed also.

And yet, here is Strider Flamehart, Tay thought to herself. Where her ancestors who had been rumored to die five hundred years ago also alive? Flamehart seemed to think it was possible.

Tay just had a headache.

"The life of an exile isn't hard if you know how to handle it. For example, few expect anything of you, and it's just a matter of choosing what to do with the skills you learned. The only time in which exile is hard is when which you regret what you did, and have to live with that mistake," Strider replied.

Strider smiled. He could sense most of Tay's thoughts. "I'll share my story later, you'll understand my headache," he said quietly to her. "I'll explain some more things that'll put your mind to rest as well. Sometimes things are told inaccurately for protection. You'll understand," he said.

The admiral looked at Valgo for a while, dumbfounded of his words. Thn he snapped out of it and turned, taking his comm out and opening the connection.

"Ready the shuttle. We're coming out" he said into the comm and then shut it off. Valgo nodded at the admiral and took a step forwards, lookimg at the sith hunter for a while as he concentrated. He would have to get social again. Something he hadn't done for years.

"Respect your elders, Flameheart, for I can do things most jedi cannot. I am old school" he said and grinned at the man before snapping his fingers. The doors started to open and the admiral looked at the group.

"Let's head back, then" the admiral said and left the building with Valgo.

Angak ignited the purple lightsaber and admired it for a while before seing that the group was leaving. He shut the lightsaber off and rushed after the group, being the last one to leave the structure and so the doors closed behind him

Strider couldn't help but smile and said in response, "Respect is not an issue, Valgo. I respect Force sensitives who know what they can do with their abilities, and even more so if they retain that power without letting it go to their head. I failed in that area once because I too, have many abilities that most Jedi do not possess, and I let that build too much...defiance, and that led to several other downfalls later."

"Yes, but is it not so that arrogance is sometimes a good thing. Especially when you meet an equally big-headed person" Valgo said and followed the admiral towards the shuttle as the troops were already boarding it. The weequay looked back and grinned widely before turning his face to see the shuttle again.

"However, respect can mean many things. I know what true respect is, for I have been alive for over 7,000 years and have seen the jedi survive near extinction three times now. I know who I am and what I am. That is why I can speak of myself arrogantly without growing big-headed" he noted and smiled as he walked up the ramp and inside the shuttle with the admiral infront of him

"Living 4,000 was no easy cake in its own," he muttered to himself in a barely audible tone to those around him. He walked up the ramp to the shuttle behind the others. "I understand what you mean, but there's a difference between arrogance in your age and wisdom, and confidence in it, now isn't there?" Strider asked.

"My confidence in my age is that I'm not as fast as I used to be. My confidence in my wisdom is that it's grown a bit over the years, but everyone's wisdom is limited and my quest for knowledge ended when I became a Grand Master" Valgo said and then turned to see Strider.

"However, just for the sake of argument, let's say I was arrogant of my age and wisdom. Let's say that I go on and on about my superiority to everyone I meet. Now, if I would do so, would I still be standing here? And would I still be standing here because of my lack of arrogance or because of the skills I should be arrogant for?" he said, making the words as hard to get as he possibly could. His time was over and it was time for him to train his last padawan. Now was his time to make riddles that wouldn't be solved before his death

Flamehart chuckled. "Whether or not you would still be standing is dependent on your ability to survive against the large numbers who would challenge you. Also, your skills in which you are arrogant for are only effective if you know their limits. Arrogance can lead to overestimation. Now, if you can balance your arrogance in your ability with your knowledge of your own limits, then yes, you would still be standing," he replied.

"Brilliant. Well done, Flameheart" he said with a hint of admiration in his voice as he turned to see the sith hunter.

"However, you still haven't fully solved my sentence. You have been only been able to add one more possibility" he said, his voice turning o normal as they entered the main room of the shuttle, where the admiral took his normal seat and the weequay tok the seat on his right side.

"Of course. That is the whole point of riddles. There are many possibilities but you must find out which of them is true, you see" he answered and chuckled quietly to himself.

Angak had clipped the lightsaber onto his belt and now listened carefully. He then smiled and looked around.

"You surround yourself with strong and as arrogant people as you, so you have no place to be arrogant" he said and Valgo looked at the young weequay.

"Very nice deduction, Angak and partly true. However, how do you explain my lack of arrogancy now that I have spent years hiding?"

"You knew there was someone out there better than you. You cannot be arrogant if you know there actually is someone better than you" Angak responded and looked at Valgo.

"You are on your own way right, but you have much to learn. My riddle is infinite, for not even I know it's answer. Arrogant people do not know they are arrogant, so it would be hard for even me to say if I am arrogant or not"

Flamehart chuckled. "I'm no Jedi," he said, "So I won't burn any mental energy on such riddles." He turned to Angak for a moment, "However, I am willing to spend energy on teaching any form of combat you might need to know, whether it be unarmed, ranged, or melee, if you would like," he said.

Tay was beginning to be annoyed. "Ok, look," she finally snapped. "I fly an A-Wing fighter. I'm very, very good at it. What I'm not good at? Riddles... especially insane riddles involving anceint religions and whatnot, so if you're not done trying to understand one another you'd best tell me now." She glared first at Valgo and then at Flamehart and finally at Angak. "Cause if you're not done, I may as well hide somewhere that I can't hear you."

She put a hand to her head and swore softly. "And I thought my headache was bad before..."

"Yes, we are quite throught" Valgo said and looked around at the rebels swiftly before focusing his eyes on Tay. He looked at her for a seconds or two before he would close his eyes and take a deep breath. He got inside Tay's mind easily, as she was no jedi and could not push the weequay back. However, even as Valgo explored the woman's mind, he could not get anything clear out of it. Her headache seemed to block him somehow.

"Hmm... Interesting" he said as he opened his eyes again and looked at Tay with a slight smile on his lips

Tay was glaring at him. It was clear that, though he'd been able to get into her mind easily, she was acutely aware of his presence there and was not pleased with it. Still, as she had not had any Force training, there was nothing she could do to remove him.

"If I want you to know anything of what I'm thinking, I'll say it aloud," she told him icily, sounding rather like Riebe as she said it. "Otherwise, stay out of my mind."

The smile widened on Valgo's lips and his eyes gave a short sparkle.

"You have a mouth like Riebe, that's for sure. However, I doubt what you would be able to do anything even if I would continue to poke your mind" he noted as his smile faded slowly and he leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes again to think and consult the force

Archived