Home

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium - Released

Hello!

I found Bastila, yeah! I skiped many dialgue and went straight to her.

The problem is, she seems to tell me something standing on the grass, but there are no dialogue options and the game is stuck. I use the german version.

Help!

Thanks and take care.

I have never seen this problem before. Did you load the right files into the correct folders?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello!

I found Bastila, yeah! I skiped many dialgue and went straight to her.

The problem is, she seems to tell me something standing on the grass, but there are no dialogue options and the game is stuck. I use the german version.

If your game is in german its language setting won't make the game use the English substrings that are used to represent text in dialog, item and creature files in most Mods. It will rather look for substrings of the german locale, which would be missing since the Mod was made in English. There are two ways to solve this:

1. If you use no german language mods, you can open your dialog.tlk file with a TLK editor (TalkEd can be used for this) and change its language setting to English. This will make your game use English sub-strings in mods (but won't otherwise affect the language of your game). If you have no mods in German this may be the prefered way since it's quicker and will affect all mods you use.

2. If you don't want to change the language setting of your whole game, you can use the Language Converter tool to convert all localized ExoLocString substrings from the English to the german locale. You'll need to run it on all DLG, UTI and UTC files that belongs to the mod.

[*]If you don't want to change the language setting of your whole game, you can use the Language Converter tool to convert all localized ExoLocString substrings from the English to the german locale. You'll need to run it on all DLG, UTI and UTC files that belongs to the mod.

That maybe a little painful to do with the DAP mod since some DLG, UTI and UTC files are packed inside .mod files. The .mod files would have to be extracted, then repacked after the conversion.

Thanks stoffe!

All is well now! I talked to Bastila, and she matured somewhat in comparison to KotOR I. As I am a slow gamer it will take some time until I get to Dantooine, but so far it looks great.

Thanks for the great help and the great addition. Take care

Hey Mac,

I installed the DAP mod and started a new game (I am so TIRED of running through Peragus, but ah well :p). Found Bastila on Telos, but I got a blank journal entry after the convo, and Bastila starts the whole conversation tree over when I speak to her again.

Is this maybe a conflict issue?

I have ULM and Kreia's assorted robes, as well as a few tweaks to the workbench and Lab Station, though the later two involved files none of the other mods had.

I used TSL patcher to install them all; this is the first time I've noticed anything go wrong (I have a game at a later point in the game and all the other mods are working, plus the Dantooine and Nar Shadda elements of DAP were working fine).

Hey Mac,

I installed the DAP mod and started a new game (I am so TIRED of running through Peragus, but ah well :p). Found Bastila on Telos, but I got a blank journal entry after the convo, and Bastila starts the whole conversation tree over when I speak to her again.

I have ULM and Kreia's assorted robes, as well as a few tweaks to the workbench and Lab Station, though the later two involved files none of the other mods had.

I used TSL patcher to install them all; this is the first time I've noticed anything go wrong (I have a game at a later point in the game and all the other mods are working, plus the Dantooine and Nar Shadda elements of DAP were working fine).

Hey Mac,

Intresting. I don't have TSL or any mods installed on my harddrive at the moment, for I cleaned my system out. So, I can't give you an answer. Does the USM have any Journal Entries?

Hey Mac,

I had the blank journal thing happen one time on Telos while beta-testing. If you go back and talk to her some more and ask her more things, that may clear up the blank journal entry.

I got it.

A combo of kmm and the TSLpatcher to locate and avoid conflicts. Turns out it was a global.jrl problem.

If you have two mods that use the global.jrl, they will conflict with each other. Out of all the files, I did not use the TSL Patcher to make the file compatible.

1. How is everyone doing with this mod?[/Quote]

The mod's been fine, and enjoyable. At first I wondered why the dialog looped, but I read through the thread and found out why this was so - and in the end it proved to actually get me all the Telos responses; which makes up for it.

2. Did everyone enjoy the short story?[/Quote]

Your story was quite the something, and I did kept multiple saves just to see all the dialogue options. Though the only thing I wished was there was the Bastila/Mission fight, but then again - how is one to script a building collapse?

3. Anything else?

Ante up their (Nomi/Bastila's) Force powers, feats, stats and everything combat related? Because I found battling them to be a very easy deal. :p

“1. How is everyone doing with this mod?” I’ve only played it lightside, but I thought it was great. I had no bugs or problems of any kind.

“2. Did everyone enjoy the short story?” Like I said before I’ve only played it lightside, but I did enjoy it. I really like that you didn’t have to go against your nature to play this mod. I will have to try it again darkside.

“3. Anything else?” Thanks you for sharing this mod with us. I liked the previous version, but the second with the changes and corrections is truly a joy to play. Thank you and everyone that helped you for all the hard work.

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium

As many have now played DAP:HC, I thank everyone for downloading the mod and leaving your feedback. I am pleased to announce an 'Expansion Pack', which will be a companion mod for DAP:HC. In order to play this 'Expansion', you will have to download the original DAP:HC. They work together and not seperatly.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157555

first up, excellent mod. am enjoying myself replaying the game with the mod installed. I do have one small issue though... everything seems to work fine except that the journal entries come up blank... any advice on how to resolve the issue? thanks in advance...

first up, excellent mod. am enjoying myself replaying the game with the mod installed. I do have one small issue though... everything seems to work fine except that the journal entries come up blank... any advice on how to resolve the issue? thanks in advance...

First, make sure the following files are in your override folder:

global.jrl & glabalcat.2da.

If these files are in the override folder, make sure they are not from another person's mod. You could be using two mods that use the same files that I did for the journal entries.

Second, I just reinstalled KotOR II on Friday, I will check to see if I am having the same problem.

If anyone else is having the same problem, please let me know tonight. I can fix these two files for the 'Expansion Pack'.

I have tried all conversation threads with Bastilla on Telos and only get a blank quest log. I also have both files you mentioned in the Override folder.

Were those the files that came with this mod, or did you install another mod that used them too?

I uninstalled the game and installed your mod and the Kriea's robe on that is compatible with yours. I have also installed some of the fixes found on the site for the Restoration Project by Team Gizka.

You know it might be a script that I added for animation. Tonight, I will look at the files again.

there is one other slight problem that just cropped up... A large, black blob seems to have developed around my character's feet while inside the jedi enclave... havent tested to see if its still there when i leave. Its not affecting gameplay yet, just visuals but i thought i'd mention it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and your mod along with the Kreia one. The first part now works but that is as far as i have gotten. It must of been one of the fixes from the Team Gizka mod that caused my problem.

Archived