Home

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium - Released

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All bounty hunters are everywhere in the first map of Nar Shaddaa except all 3 HK-50 are in the docks near the Hutt.

I think the bounty with the message problem is Sonia.

I am slightly confussed... Do you mean that all the hunters show up except for the HK-50s? Or - Do you mean that the hunters appear without talking to Vossk?

The Only Problem i have had since installing your Mod is that after i killed the Sith Assasin on Dantoonie i get massive game slowage in the area where they were located on the map. It is like the game puts me in slow motion.

It only happens on dantoonie and not on the other 2 plants your mod changes.

Hey there MacLeod:

I myself seem to remember something along these lines when I played the MOD. If it is what I am thinking, then the bounty hunters (- the HK-50's) appear in a semi-circle in front of the entrance to the cantina/pazaak room (in a similar formation like your party NPCs appear outside the Ebon Hawk in that cutscene when you first arrive on Nar Shaada) - though in my experience they did not interfere in the storyline (no attacks, no dialog). And once I ignored them and went about playing the game they dispersed and nothing 'bad' happened. I think this is what he is trying to say.

BTW, nice work on this MOD! :) And I am looking forward to the MOD collector's series and DAHC expansion! Are you really giving up MODding KotOR and TSL after your current WIP's are completed? Permanently I mean?

I hope not!

- DM.005 :maul5:

I just played through Dantooine, and I also saw the slowdown. I will see what is causing the problem, and release a fix.

I will also check that Nar Shaddaa issue. At the moment, my hands are slightly tied. But, I will get that fixed as well.

I just played through Dantooine, and I also saw the slowdown. I will see what is causing the problem, and release a fix.

Hey there MacLeod:

I also had this 'slow down' bug/annoyance on Dantooine. It looks like the PCs feet are 'sunk' in the ground (only slightly). This happened to me whenever I went to Dantooine and would exit the Ebon Hawk to the landing pad, and also whenever I would enter the Khoonda building and exit it via the main entrance (if it happened to me exiting through one of the side entrances, it was far less pronounced, as I only recall the 'slow down' happening upon leaving the main entrance).

I also noticed (after experiencing the 'slow down' a couple times) that if I would just remain still and not move any of my party members for about 30-45 seconds (guess-timate!), that the 'slow down' problem would not happen any more- at least until I went through 1 of the 2 loading screens I mentioned above. I should also mention that it seems to be a 'lag' in the game's response to the characters' movement - i.e. the blotchy, slowed movement (AND camera movement!) of the character(s) did not mean that I wasn't actually moving while it was buggin' out, before I learned to just stand still for that 30-45 second window, I would try to force my movement through the problem, and while nobody moved for a short time, the movements and actions that I selected would indeed still be executed by the game, albeit in a slow and very blotchy manner. For example: when I first arrived on Dantooine and exited the 'Hawk, I encountered the bug and proceeded to guide my controller movement around the 'L' shaped corridor on the docking pad (the path from the 'Hawk to Khoonda). The game did not respond for that 30-45 second time-frame, but once it got past that bug my party went from being stuck in front of the 'Hawk to a surprise encounter with one of the Sith assasins - because it finally recognized and executed the movements I made with my PC. That was actually kinda cool for me - talk about a 'surprise attack' ! :)

Anyways, these minor bugs/annoyances didn't nearly take away the fun I had playing this GREAT MOD of yours! I just wanted to post this to help you trouble-shoot it, if you like. Now that I know to just wait a few seconds and let it pass, I don't even consider it a real problem!

P.S. - I almost forgot, the slow down also happened to me upon exiting the kinrath/crystal cave - so that makes a total of 3 areas/load screens it occured after!

- DM.005 :maul5:

When i go to Nar Shaddaa, all bounty hunters are always at the same place and when i try to talk to them, nothing happen, they don't even move. If i leave Nar Shaddaa and go to other planets and finish all missions then i return to Nar Shaddaa, all bounty hunters are still there.

When i go to Nar Shaddaa, all bounty hunters are always at the same place and when i try to talk to them, nothing happen, they don't even move. If i leave Nar Shaddaa and go to other planets and finish all missions then i return to Nar Shaddaa, all bounty hunters are still there.

Hey there, Quatra! :smilsab

Did you attempt to go about your business on Nar Shaada? (as in complete some of the main story missions?) I had a similar occurence in my game. I believe the bounty hunters just dispersed and no harm done once Atton went into the cantina while waiting for the Exile (you know - when Atton has to battle the Twin Sun Sisters).

- DM.005 :mauls:

About the Nar Shaddaa and Dantooine Bugs!

I have plans on returning to modding in full weekend force starting in two weeks from today. Since I am under a tight schedule, I will be too busy stuying for finals.

What I have planned is to rebuild the .git files for NAR301, DAN601, and DAN602. Since the errors surround a files, it will take me no time to reput the input.

Since there will be bug fixes, I will release the mod with the 'Expansion' pack intergrated. Therefore, you will not need to download any other seperate pack.

I wonder if this is due to the 1.0b patch. Since these modules were created before the 1.0b patch, I wonder if there may be a problem that I have not foreseen.

I have plans on returning to modding in full weekend force starting in two weeks from today. Since I am under a tight schedule, I will be too busy stuying for finals.

What I have planned is to rebuild the .git files for NAR301, DAN601, and DAN602. Since the errors surround a files, it will take me no time to reput the input.

Since there will be bug fixes, I will release the mod with the 'Expansion' pack intergrated. Therefore, you will not need to download any other seperate pack.

I wonder if this is due to the 1.0b patch. Since these modules were created before the 1.0b patch, I wonder if there may be a problem that I have not foreseen.

thanks MacLeodCorp

________

to DarthMaul :

I have completed the main story on Nar Shaddaa. Mira and G0t0 are in the ebon hawk and i can play with them. The problem i have is only a minor bug and graphic problem.

When I created the .git files, I was using the GFFEditor that came out a while back. I forgot that I had a K-GFFEditor, so I am going to go back and use the latest version.

The original GFFEditor messes up the camera settings, so I had to use a camera editor. I think this is the cause of the slowdown. TK102 created a K-GFFEditor that does not damage the camera settings in .git files. Unfortunately, I didn't have the program installed when I created the original .git files.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the double post, but I have not been around for a while. I was just wondering:

1. How is everyone doing with this mod?

2. Did everyone enjoy the short story?

3. Anything else?

Hi Mac,

I just downloaded the mod, so I'm yet testing it, anyway having played an older version and having appreciated it, I bet that also this mod is great ;)

I had the language problem (I've the game with Italian one) and my workaround has been those of decompile the mod, use the converter dialog tool and repack all (before to read the post of Stoffe saying that I could modify the dialog.tlk permanently with english language that I prefer than the really bad original italian translation anyway...).

So the only strange thing I noticed, happen at first mission for the Ithorian (I'm playing with a female light side exile for now). When you reach the module 126 you're stopped as usual from the two Czerka guys that try to convince you to work for them and not for Ithorian. The last answer you give before they go away, I found that it receive your chose, but it take almost 2 second before appear the Czerka guy answer.

First time I though was a video card problem (I love playing with more details I can), so I redo that sequence several time changing details lowering ever more and look like that the problem is caused from this mod (I've also uninstalled all other mod for the test).

This is not a great problem, I'm just writing this, because I don't know if that could happen also in other circumstance inside other modified zones (Dantooine and Nar Shadaa). I'll let you know anyway.

If you need more info contact me freely,

Ciao

Hi Mac,

I just downloaded the mod, so I'm yet testing it, anyway having played an older version and having appreciated it, I bet that also this mod is great ;)

I had the language problem (I've the game with Italian one) and my workaround has been those of decompile the mod, use the converter dialog tool and repack all (before to read the post of Stoffe saying that I could modify the dialog.tlk permanently with english language that I prefer than the really bad original italian translation anyway...).

So the only strange thing I noticed, happen at first mission for the Ithorian (I'm playing with a female light side exile for now). When you reach the module 126 you're stopped as usual from the two Czerka guys that try to convince you to work for them and not for Ithorian. The last answer you give before they go away, I found that it receive your chose, but it take almost 2 second before appear the Czerka guy answer.

First time I though was a video card problem (I love playing with more details I can), so I redo that sequence several time changing details lowering ever more and look like that the problem is caused from this mod (I've also uninstalled all other mod for the test).

This is not a great problem, I'm just writing this, because I don't know if that could happen also in other circumstance inside other modified zones (Dantooine and Nar Shadaa). I'll let you know anyway.

If you need more info contact me freely,

Ciao

Module 126 should not be affected. I did not change anything in that module.

Module 126 should not be affected. I did not change anything in that module.

Yes, I saw it but without this mod doesn't happen, anyway isn't so annoying I've just wrote to you for info ;)

I'll let you know if I'll find something odd, in particular I'll recheck what I read about the slowliness of Dantooine and the strange problem of Nar Shadaa.

Until now I've completed Telos without problem, speaking with Bastila and I went directly to Nar Shadaa.

There I haven't spoken yet to Nomi Sunrider, but I spoken with Bossik that gave me two bounty to collect.

I met also Dia that gave to me 20000 credits for get info from Bossik, but this last doesn't show any dialogue for requesting them until now.

I haven't find yet Sonia, but I haven't neither open all doors inside the refugee bay. I'll try this evening.

Sorry... when should happen the problem in Nar Shadaa?

Until now I've completed Telos without problem, speaking with Bastila and I went directly to Nar Shadaa.

There I haven't spoken yet to Nomi Sunrider, but I spoken with Bossik that gave me two bounty to collect.

I met also Dia that gave to me 20000 credits for get info from Bossik, but this last doesn't show any dialogue for requesting them until now.

I haven't find yet Sonia, but I haven't neither open all doors inside the refugee bay. I'll try this evening.

Sorry... when should happen the problem in Nar Shadaa?

I believe people are talking about a lag in movement. Otherwords, your PC starts to move in slow motion. I drew the conclusion that it must be the editor I used to alter a few game files. I will be uploading a fix in about six days.

As for Dia giving you credits, I forgot to write a piece of the story, and accidently left her haning. I will also deal with that as well..

I keep forgetting that the first version of DAP: HC has only two bounties for Bossk. The expansion adds two new bounties to collect on. So, keep your eye out for the expansion's release.

I will be rewritting the .git files for Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa, so I can fix the slow motion problem. I didn't forget this issue, I am just studying at the moment.

I will be rewritting the .git files for Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa, so I can fix the slow motion problem. I didn't forget this issue, I am just studying at the moment.

I had no lag at all in Nar Shadaa!!!

I'm using a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and with 2x as antialising and 16x as anisitropic (or how is called that damned filter), with all shadows off.

I remember having lags on Dantooine without any mod installed, but after having added to the file kotor2.ini the parameter "disablevertex=1" above graphic proprieties, all problems have been fixed.

Obviously I don't know if the problem could be that, anyway as soon as possible I'll check Dantooine also.

Ciao

I had no lag at all in Nar Shadaa!!!

I'm using a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and with 2x as antialising and 16x as anisitropic (or how is called that damned filter), with all shadows off.

I remember having lags on Dantooine without any mod installed, but after having added to the file kotor2.ini the parameter "disablevertex=1" above graphic proprieties, all problems have been fixed.

Obviously I don't know if the problem could be that, anyway as soon as possible I'll check Dantooine also.

Ciao

If you don't mind me asking, do you have lag on the surface of Dantooine? It will be near Khoonda. Or - Does your PCs feet fall through the ground?

I know Khoonda was a slight problem for other people who have installed the mod. I am just curious.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have lag on the surface of Dantooine? It will be near Khoonda. Or - Does your PCs feet fall through the ground?

I know Khoonda was a slight problem for other people who have installed the mod. I am just curious.

Sorry if I answer so late, but only just yesterday night I played the game :p

Anyway I had no lag at all!!! I found also Sonia and I also understood how to use the 20000 credit that Dia gave to me, completing all quests.

At the end no problem at all with the module.

I don't now if this can help, but I played the module with a exile female and the path I followed, was first to go to Nar Shadaa and then to Dantooine.

It's correct that Bastila was light side when I first found on Telos and Dark side when I found on Dantooine?

Sorry if I answer so late, but only just yesterday night I played the game :p

Anyway I had no lag at all!!! I found also Sonia and I also understood how to use the 20000 credit that Dia gave to me, completing all quests.

At the end no problem at all with the module.

I don't now if this can help, but I played the module with a exile female and the path I followed, was first to go to Nar Shadaa and then to Dantooine.

It's correct that Bastila was light side when I first found on Telos and Dark side when I found on Dantooine?

Yes. You will have to follow her dialogue from beginning to end to find out why.

First off, great mod!

I was thinking, I've been looking and D/L'ing mods for awhile and I believe there is a mod that allows you to use your own music. Since V/o really isnt an option, might I suggest adding music to the dialogs for the npcs you talk to?

The only think I found I didnt like about the mod, had nothing to do with the mod, but with the backround noise while going through the dialof options. (First one that comes to mind is on the telos station, first talking to Bastila there was the noise of a terminal in the backround, very annoying hum)

Just a thought, again SUPER mod.

Hey, i just have a simple question: where does this mod end?

does it end when you finish talking to the jedi master nomi? after you meet bastila on dantooine?

thanx, i hope someone can answer my question

great mod by the way! best ive ever played

The Dark Apprentice: Series Update!

Report for May 29, 2006

The Dark Apprentice: HC (Vrs. 1.00.24) - is the next version of this mod. Since I received some kind feedback about a few issues, I thought I would deal with them. They are very minor, but I thought it would be good to take care of them.

The Dark Apprentice: HC (Expansion Pack) - is an expansion pack that will extend the Bossk's bountys up to four, add three new NPCs, adds two new Jedi Robes, and a Jedi Master Robe.

The Dark Apprentice: Fan-Fiction - is a fan-fiction version of the Dark Apprentice. My editor Jae Onasi is aboard the editing. At the moment, she has the first six and a half chapters.

For more information, please feel free to click:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157555

Archived