Home

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium - Released

You can find dialogue editors in this thread. And if you need a tutorial look in the General Tutorials + Tools forum here

I've taken a look at everything, and I've noticed that the mod files are under a different format from the original files, making any changes to the dialogue impossible from what I can see. It looks like I may be stuck with what's there, unless someone has managed to figure out how to manipulate it. I do appreciate the tips I have been given though. (^_^)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've taken a look at everything, and I've noticed that the mod files are under a different format from the original files, making any changes to the dialogue impossible from what I can see. It looks like I may be stuck with what's there, unless someone has managed to figure out how to manipulate it. I do appreciate the tips I have been given though. (^_^)

The way this mod is done, the .dlg dialog files are inside the .mod module files (the ones that you're supposed to copy to the Modules folder). You can extract the .mod files with the "Extract Entire ERF" function in Fred Tetra's excellent Kotor Tool (available from here, see the Kotor Tool forum for more info), or you can just extract the individual .dlg files as well. After you have the .dlg files extracted, you can edit them with a dialog editing program (such as DLGEditor which is available from here) and place them in your Override folder. Any copies in the Override folder will take precedence when playing the game.

Hope that gives you enough info.

Cool! It works! Thanks Captain!!

As the LS Exile would say: No problem. I was glad to help. :cool:

BTW, MacLeodGR, not trying to be annyoing, but I noticed a slight problem with Bastila's dialog on Dantooine (in 998comf.dlg). :comp9::smash: If, after talking to her for a while (going through most of the conversation options), you choose one of the "Never mind. We will finish this later." options and come back later, you can't actually talk to her again. This can be fixed by changing conditional #2 in entry 0 to "c_quest_gt, 9, 0, 0, 0, 0, 000_DAP_Bastila" and conditional #1 in replies 0 to "c_quest_gt, 11, 0, 0, 0, 0, 000_DAP_Bastila".

Sorry to ask MacLeodCorp, but when I'm coming to Telos Ice Academy, I think there must be a glitch or something, cause when I'm about to leave Telos Ice Academy I can't do so cause when I am trying to speak too Atton there's two cheat nodes... One says:

Cheat Node: Make PC go speak to Atris or something, the other one says:

Cheat Node: Continue conversation with Kreia... Well I've tried both, but when I return from having spoken to Atris... Kreia just sits there... And I can't get out of the Academy... And when I'm getting to the Ebon Hawk... It says: You can't leave without your friends, you'll need them to fly the ship... I'm just wondering what can I have done wrong... And another thing... I've finished the game once... so I though that maybe I'm going to try to check out the other things in this mod, but nothing happens...

• 2 weeks later...
Kudos , it looks like a great mod. Superb job !

May I know where this thing starts [i tried searching for Bastila over at Dantooine , but I can't seem to find her].

Right when you leave the Ebon Hawk, on Dantooine, the mod continues. If you are looking for Bastila, the Sith Assassin outside of Khoonda tells you where she is. If you have killed him allready, you can find her destination listed in the journal entry. :)

Ran into a bug on Nar Shaddaa that is fixed in 1.0b

Corrects stuck issue when reboarding Ebon Hawk on Nar Shaddaa

With the mod I cannot enter the Ebon Hawk

This mod also conflicts with the fuelsource fix :(

global.jrl entry 64 in the fix

If they used the global.jrl to fix the issue, this will definately be uncompatible. Unfortunately, DAP has more journal entry changes. You can bring their changes into DAP's global.jrl, and see if it will work the same.

I don't understand why you cannot enter the Ebon Hawk. Has anyone else had this issue?

I will be re-installing KotOR II in a few days, so I can start on another mod. I will look into these issues if more people are having them.

I don't think the whole mod is that way, but I will probally update the git file. Maybe you are right. I will have to see if I patched KotOR II before creating that level. I know the other levels were created with .git files, which were taken from the game after I patched it. However, I don't know about the 301NAR files. I can't remember. Since it was the latest eddition, I don't know if I happened to uninstall KotOR II for some reason. It is possible.

I also had this issue and could not enter the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shadda.

I'm not sure if someone already asked all this before but. I try playing Bastila and when I meet Dai I cant do anything else to move more on this story. Also is Avol's Bastila mod compadible with this? My question now is do I need to unload the Bastila npc in to do anything more to the Story?

Where am I supposed to find bastila, exactly? Or the items? Almost done with Atris, no sign of her. Do I have to start a new game? I installed the mod when I was on the ebon hawk, on the route to telos. That should work, right?

Bastila will be standing right in front of the Ithorian area in the middle of Residential 082 West between the Information Console and the door to the Ithorian complex.

I am unsure if you added the mod too late. I believe MacLeodGr is taking a break from the forum for a while; one of the other modders may be able to answer the question. I read further up the tread and here is one of MacLeodGr answers.

If you have a Pre-Telos mod, I would start a new game there. The first portion of this mod doesn't fire off if you already completed Telos. Even though you may end up seeing the other characters, they will not interact with you unless you complete Telos first.

Also read post 17 by MacLeodGr in this Thread.

I don’t know where Telos fires so you may want to start on a save (if you have one) just before you leave Peragus. This is a great mod and I believe it will be well worth your effort getting around these troubles. I hope this is of some help to you.

I just installed the DAHC 1.00.23

Everything looks cool and I like all the additions.

I just have a couple of questions. Of course I'm Dark side, went to Telos and then to Nar Shadda(and completed it). I ran up on Nomi Sunrider there and walk up to talk and she say "I'm busy right now, Come back later"

So I go to Dantooine, complete it and come up on Bastila and she says the same thing, so I go to Dxun and have completed it(except for the palace). Go back to Nar shadda and Dantooine to check and they are still saying the same thing "Come back later, I'm busy right now"

I guess my question is, do they ever do anything more than that?

I'm almost done with the game and have gotten nothing out of them.

Do I have to finish all planets before they get "Un Busy"?

I'm just curious.

Thanks

Jeff

For Nomi, you have to go to the rooms in front of Fassa. He's the one controlling the Pylons. There is a dark jedi that you have to talk. She'll say something and then go to BossK and talk to him (use all dialog options :p ) One of the dialog is the trigger for Nomi. You'll need a lot of $$ that's why you need to talk to the Dark jedi. After the dialog with Bossk you can talk to Nomi.

I just installed the DAHC 1.00.23

Everything looks cool and I like all the additions.

I just have a couple of questions. Of course I'm Dark side, went to Telos and then to Nar Shadda(and completed it). I ran up on Nomi Sunrider there and walk up to talk and she say "I'm busy right now, Come back later"

So I go to Dantooine, complete it and come up on Bastila and she says the same thing, so I go to Dxun and have completed it(except for the palace). Go back to Nar shadda and Dantooine to check and they are still saying the same thing "Come back later, I'm busy right now"

I guess my question is, do they ever do anything more than that?

I'm almost done with the game and have gotten nothing out of them.

Do I have to finish all planets before they get "Un Busy"?

I'm just curious.

Thanks

Jeff

Did you have the mod installed before you got to Telos the first time? Do you have other mods installed? You have to speak to Bastila on Telos first, or they'll be permanently 'busy'. If you're still having problems, come on back and we'll try to figure it out.

Mac's had a family emergency and may not be back to the forum for a little while, so hang in there if he can't get back to answer right away.

Did you have the mod installed before you got to Telos the first time? Do you have other mods installed? You have to speak to Bastila on Telos first, or they'll be permanently 'busy'. If you're still having problems, come on back and we'll try to figure it out.

Mac's had a family emergency and may not be back to the forum for a little while, so hang in there if he can't get back to answer right away.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, installed mod before even starting the game.

I guess I may see where I messed up. I never talked to Bastila on Telos, but I never met up with her. Where in Telos was she?

As far as my other mods I have the Ultimate lightsaber mod installed and the force powers mod.

Everything ran fine, just could never get Bastila, Nomi, Sith Assasin on Dantooine to do anything but the "I'm busy now, come back later"

But if I was supposed to talk to Bastila, then I guess that's where I messed up. Only thing was I never saw her on Telos.

Just let me know where I can find her, on Telos, and I'll play again.

By the way, you guys are really incredible. I wish I knew how to do these mods. I have all kinds of ideas.

Are there programs you use?

Thanks Again

Jeff

Archived