Home

Queen + Paul Rodgers

ZBomber

I went last night. :)

My Review:

What an incredible show.

This is the first time I've seen Queen or Paul Rodgers. I have to admint, going into it, I hd my doubts. Serious doubts. I listened to their new tour CD and went..... eh..... it's just not the same, I can't really get into it. Fastforward to the show. As soon as Tie Your Mother Down started, I was blown away. "Not Freddie, but this guy kicks ass!". Love Of My Life was great. The crowd was INCREDIBLE. They love Brian May so much. They would cheer everytime he paused in Love Of My Life. And I mean they went CRAZY. He dedicated that to Freddie, saying he wish he could be here tonight. I really like Hammer To Fall, that was one on the Live CD I really enjoyed, and it was even better in concert. I loved the drum solo, people were clapping along and it was great. I'm In Love With My Car started off a little rough but got much better. The Brighton Rock/Last Horizon guitar solos. OH MY GOD. Definetly the highlight of the show. I've NEVER seen anything like this. I knew Brian was one of the most underated guitarists of all time, but I had NO clue he was gonna do an incredible guitar solo. At one point, he was 10 feet infront of me (on one of the catwalks that goes into the audience) and I recorded it! That was the highlight of the night for me, definetly. I did not expect Roger to sing Radio Ga Ga and These Are The Days Of My Lives. Hes really still got it in him, he did a GREAT job on these songs. Especially Ga Ga. Another One Bites The Dust was another one Paul shined on. Everyone in the whole arena was dancin for this one. Dragon Attack was something I really wanted to hear, but Paul didn't do a good job on it in my opinion. Same with Show Must Go On, I LOVE that song to pieces but it just didn't go with his voice, I think it's one of those songs only Freddie can do. Bohemian Rhapsody was incredible. Most of it was Freddie's pre recorded voice, but that still sent chills down my spine. I loved the video with all the pictures of Freddie. We Will Rock You... seemed pretty short to me. All Right Now was pretty cool. And the show finally ended with We Are The Champions, which again sent chills down my spine. The boys walked the catwalk at the end and recieved standing ovations. What a night! This is one of my favorite concerts I've been to so far, it was just so good!

Pictures

Yes, I'd definetly suggest you see them. Even if you can't get into Paul Rodgers, Brian May and Roger Taylor are enough reason to go for any Queen fan. Not only that, but they each sing songs (Brian does 2-3, Roger does 3). They are stll kicking ass, and although Paul is no Freddie, he is a really good rock n roll singer and fits in nicely.

The crowd energy at the Worcester show I went to was INCREDIBLE. Brian even said on his website he thinks its the best show the've done, because of the crowd energy and the band's performance.

'fraid not buddy. I wouldn't base your answer off the greatest hits, theres so many gems that will never see the daylight to people who rely on greatest hits packages.

Well, when people put him on the same page as Jimmy Page (pun highly intended), then I call that over-rated.

But this is from people I know, maybe people in your area think differently.

• 2 months later...

Not to return a dead thread back to life for any old reason, but I went to see Queen+Paul rodgers at the Q up in Cleveland. That was also an awesome show. Got a sweet t-shirt with Freddie on it too.

Did they have screens at the other concerts too? Cause my dad thought it was funny that during Fat Bottemed Girls, the camera zoomed in on all the fat chicks in the audience. He was laughing, but yeah, it was a killer show.

I like Brian May 10X more than Jimmy Page. Speaking of overated guitarists. At least Brian May bothers to tune his guitars before taking the stage, which is more than Jimmy Page can say. Sounds like it was a good show. Glad you had fun.

*EDIT* I just noticed the date of the original post. So it gets another bump.

Archived