Home

Games played recently

Samnmax221

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently playing Beyond Good & Evil... Excellent, excellent game. Engaging story, intuitive gameplay, fun/smart characters that you really end up caring about... It's one of my goals to end up working in some sort of entertainment industry (currently studying games design at university), so if I ever end up making games I want them to be as good as this.

To play, that I own: Myst IV, V, Uru, FEAR, Half-Life 2 (if I can get it to work), the new Prince of Persia, probably a bunch of others...

Technically I get to call it "market research". :p

This Thursday I bought a copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for Nintendo DS. It's brilliant! I haven't had this much fun playing a game in ages. The characters are outrageously hilarious, the murder cases are intriguing and it's so captivating to play an attorney and tear the witnesses' testimonies apart.

I've finally bought Halo for PC and I'm going through it on legendary mode (I may be stuck halfway through level 2 but I'm not gonna give in!!!) :blast5:

I've also finished Day of the tentalcle-great game!

"What am I going to do?"

"I think I made myself perfectly clear: Step one- find plans.

Step two- save world.

Step three- get out of my house!!"

Is The Godfather difficult? I heard you can sometimes choose whether you want to get violent or handle the matters differently. The movies are among my favourites, but I'm hopeless with games that have any shooting, so I don't know if it's worth the price.

Also, would someone who really doesn't like GTA games find The Godfather any good?

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've heard, the game borrows from GTA, in driving and such. It probably would be worth renting if your a fan of the movie like me.

Im playing The Curse of Monkey Island now on my labtop and MGS3 : Subsistence on my PS2. I finally found a copy of Grim Fandango to order, and after getting the demo working, Im psyched as hell to play it.

Back in December I finished Half-Life 2 (PC) and was very happy; the gameplay and scope of that last chapter just smooth blew me away. Then I immediately started Psychonauts (Xbox), which I'm still progressing through (17+ gameplay hours so far--I'm taking my time). I just got to the Milkman Conspiracy. And I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but Psychonauts has so much charm that I can easily forgive the occasional platformer quibble; the music, art direction, and humor are incredible. I can't wait for Schafer's next game, whatever that may be.

In between on the PC, I've played several hours of the full version of Darwinia (the demo sold me!) and have enjoyed it; I've noodled around with the demo of Rag Doll Kung Fu quite a bit and found it really fun; and just the other day I made a serious dive into Half-Life: Blue Shift for the first time, and it's not great but it's not terrible, either. (By the way, if you've got a Steam account and register your hard copy of Half-Life, you get Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Ricochet moved into your account gratis...at least I did, and that's not a bad deal in my book!)

I don't know whether to officially count Syberia II (PC) on the list, since I installed it and played it for maybe an hour but haven't gone back to it. I got stumped at the train station (can't talk the Russian guy out of his key) and refuse to rely on cheats so quickly, so if anybody has any non-cheat clues, I'd be grateful. :-)

Happy gaming; Laters...

Archived