Home

Games played recently

Samnmax221

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been playing Nintendogs. You can't imagine how addictive it is before you try it. And the puppies are so adorable!

Is it that good? I mean I am a huge Nintendo fan, dont have a DS yet but maybe soon. Isnt Nintentogs just a reworked tamagotchi style game? maybe its just not the game for me.

Well my game I played recently is maybe almost unknown, Killer 7 for the gamecube. I beat it tonight again after a long time in Killer 8 mode :D Its a kind of adventure game with puzzles, but often on a very low level ( its get harder in the Killer 8 Mode ) The gameplay is really repetitive ( like shooting monsters -" Heaven smile " ) but... the story is dragging like hell and the graphic style is awesome!

ok have to leave now..part 2 comes later

I think Nintendogs is amusing only in small doses (I play it in ten-minute bits) and it's definitely not worth getting unless you get it for cheap. It's basically like a tamagotchi and all you do is take care of the puppies, train them to enter them in competitions, get money for more puppies and so on.

If you get a DS, do yourself a favour and buy Phoenix Wright. It's one of the funniest, craziest and interesting games I've played in my life.

Don't forget Nintendogs has voice recognition so you can teach it tricks!

Also don't get Phoenix Wright unles you really, really, really, really, really want it. It's a few hours of gameplay and since it was discontinued it can cost up to $100. I paid $70 for my copy on eBay. :(

I thought Capcom was going to make more copies due to the demand. Was that cancelled? Also, wasn't that the case in the US? As far as I know, the game is still relatively easy to obtain in Europe, and last time I checked Sallim lived in Germany.

You're right about the short gameplay hours, though. It also has little to none re-play value, unless you want to experience the jokes and mysteries an extra time. I was so charmed by the characters and stories that I think I'll keep re-playing it forever. Still, I hope the next in the series is more difficult.

• 3 months later...

I just finished Broken Sword: The Angel of Death and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I loved all the locations and characters in New York, but I felt that the game got steadily worse after that. Some of the last hacking puzzles drove me insane because the game didn't explain all the new factors, and I didn't think to check out the manual.

The ending plain sucked. If it had been different, it might have saved a lot. What I especially missed was the well developed characters. I felt like there should have been more dialogue and background info regaring the different characters. Spallacci, for example. All in all, this is my least favourite BS game.

I heard the game sold quite well for starters, so maybe there's a chance for a fifth some time in the future. I wouldn't object. I refuse to believe that the series ends like this.

Just today I finished playing through Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for Gamecube, its a remake of the original, but has the graphics and features of MGS2, in case you didnt know, of course this makes the game easier than the original PS version, even if you are playing on extreme difficulty :)

I played through to get the bad ending, so next time I start a game I get stealth, which makes for lots of interesting occurences, I like to toy with the guards :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought Keepsake and I've been playing it a little. What a boring game! I see no fun in wandering alone with nobody to talk to and solving mechanical puzzles (which I hate in general). I can't stand the voice acting and the cutscenes don't look impressive.

The only thing I like is the story, but the rest bugs me so much that I might finish it using a walkthrough.

I recently dug out my Mega Drive from many a year ago and played through the first Streets of Rage game, the music is amazing, I think its composed by Yuzo Kushiro, who composed the soundtrack for all the Streets of Rage games (1-3) and also Revenge of Shinobi.

The game brings back alot of good memories :D

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I'm playing Anachronox and Neverwinter Nights 2. Anachronox is a hidden gem from Ion Storm me thinks.

Haven't really gotten into Neverwinter Nights 2 yet, but it's looking good. The requirements are way too high though, for a game that doesnt really have that great graphics.

• 1 month later...

I just finished Grim Fandango yesterday. It only took me a day, because I just got addicted to it. Definitly my favorite game.

Im also trying to get my hands on the original Sam and Max, with not much luck. After christmas Im downloading the first episode of the new Sam and Max thing, Culture Shock.

I'll be plugged to Oblivion and Gears by then, so alot later after christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished an older adventure game called I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream a minute ago. What a buggy game! I had to start over several times because it kept crashing and corrupting my safe files. I played it entirely with a walkthrough (because I wanted to avoid all the numerous bugs), but even then I got stuck several times. Bah.

Other than that, it was quite an interesting experience. My favourite segment was probably Ted's because it had such an interesting premise. Gorrister was excellent as well. Same for Nimdok, though I'm quite disturbed by that I grew to feel sympathy for his character, even after learning all the things he had done.

I hear the game has multiple endings, so I'll probably have to try again a few times to see if I can reach a happier one than the one I just got. Then again, I have a feeling that there is no happy ending in this game.

Anyone else played this? I'd love to discuss it.

I've been continuing on Call of Duty (1st one) online...it is just the perfect formula. I've also been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros. Melee with a bunch of my friends...can't beat it. I've also been playing Grim Fandango when I have time...I'd say my 50th time playing it...never gets old.

Archived