Home

Games played recently

Samnmax221

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dug out Super Mario Sunshine a few days ago. Started it up and quickly realised why I'd stopped playing it in the first place, and that is that I suck at those darn obstacle courses! I always panic and do something stupid like simply walk off the edge of a platform to my death.

That and Spiderman 2, which I stopped playing because whenever I play it, my Gamecube makes these whizzing/clicking noises like it can't quite read the disk. As soon as I hear that, Im just waiting for the error message to pop up.

I'm about half-way through The Longest Journey at the moment. I'm liking the story, though it seems to be moving fairly slowly up until now. I also didn't realise that there was so much bad language in it. It seemed somewhat unneccessary to me.

Anyone have any good adventure games to play (besides all the DOS classics and Grim Fandango)...I've already played Syberia I, and I dunno if I should go out and get Syberia II. Anyone wanna help me out?

Of the newer games, I've only played Broken Sword 4 and Dreamfall. BS4 was a disappointment and I've noticed that some people love Dreamfall and others hate it. If you want a fascinating story with no real closure, great voice acting, music and atmosphere, try Dreamfall.

If you have a Nintendo DS, you can't go wrong with Phoenix Wright.

Oh, and stay away from a game called Keepsake. It's a perfect example of a game that sounds really promising and then fails in almost every area.

I was recently playing some games off this site I found a month or two back, bigbluecup.com , which I advise you all to go onto and download some games. Its pure adventure games.... some really great ones. I've recently played '5 Days a Stranger', 'Prodigal', and 'Nelly Cootalot'. They were all fine games, good to play for a few hours. Did i mention every game on that site (pretty much) are free?

Besides that I've been playing some Call of Duty 2 on my 360. Fun game. It'd probably be funner if I had Xbox live but the single player campaign rocks.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, when was the last time I posted at Lucas Forums?

Anyway, I recently borrowed Lost in Blue for DS from a friend. I had read lots of bad reviews about it, so I was a little sceptical. The beginning was just as frustrating as all the reviews had said, but it got a lot better after that. I'm not done with it yet, but so far it has been a fun little game.

And as soon as I install DOSBox on my new computer, I'll go back to playing Tex Murphy: Under the Killing Moon. I'm still in the beginning, but the game is awesome.

I've recently started playing through Mother 3 again, which is one of my favourite games ever. Before I played through it in Japanese, but a fan translation has just been completed after having been worked on for around two years, so finally I can play it in English :)

I read alot about it, everywhereeeeee....

is it wort a play being a complete strange to that all ?

I read alot about it, everywhereeeeee....

is it wort a play being a complete strange to that all ?

Oh yes, I would think so :)

I first heard of the MOTHER series from Super Smash Bros. Melee, where Ness, the main protagonist from MOTHER 2 (also known as Earthbound) is a playable fighter. I thought he was pretty cool, and so I decided to try it out, and I've loved it ever since.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing Animal Crossing "city folk" aka wild world. I play dragon quest on my DS. Don't have very much time for gaming these days.

However, are any of ya'll familure with the Hugo Series?

Here is a link to a video of the opening.

Hugo House of Horrors is an action text adventure game that involves the skill of a text adventurer combined with the logic of a simulation gamer. Designed by Gray Design Associates in early January of 1990 the original Hugo worked on DOS and Windows based personal computers.

From the start of the third person perspective game, some eerie music greets you as you watch the door to the front of the house shut. Creepy eyes glare through the darkened windows of the House of Horror as you try to figure out how to get inside to save the love of your life! Your dear girlfriend Penelope was sent to the house on a babysitting job and has been kidnapped by the head of the household, who, I’m sorry to say, you never get to actually see.

The puzzles throughout the game are complex at first, but once you find your niche, they seem to get simpler. It is recommended that you gather any and all items that you find because you will most likely need them as you progress through the game. Just as games that are played these days, you’ll want to save often as you might find yourself attacked by butlers, dogs, bats and more surprises than you can shake a stick at.

Using the word “graphics” to start talking about the characters and surroundings is a strong word, but one has to remember this was 1990, putting Hugo House of Horror at a brisk sixteen years old this year. Combinations of simple shapes are put to together to form the characters that you encounter throughout the game. The background landscapes appear to be drawn by hand and are adorable. There is however a large amount of detail for the visual end of the game such as the blinking eyes staring at you in the beginning to the trees in the backyard.

Although tricky at times, the first in the Hugo series has some great ideas as far as game play is concerned. Most problems that gamers encounter can be answered with any game guide online these days. Hugo House of Horror was a pioneer game in its day and is just as fun now as it was in the 90’s on DOS based systems.

• 1 month later...

I finished A Vampyre Story a couple of days ago, and I absolutely loved it. The game did have its flaws, but the fun characters, gorgeous backgrounds, decent to good puzzles and overall retro feel really sold it to me.

I chose to play the game in German because of Mona's rather annoying English voice. I loved the German cast, and when I compare it to the English clips I've found at YouTube, I really feel that it's much more solid. The only exception is Shrowdy; I think his voice is far better in English.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got around playing around with DOSBox so that Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon is working properly. I've had the game for about two years now, but I never made it very far because of technical issues. Now I've spent the whole weekend playing it and all I can say is that this is one brilliant game. The characters are great and memorable, the plot has me hooked, the puzzles make sense most of the time and the humour and atmosphere are spot on.

I'm still not done with it, and I'm in no hurry to finish it. I want this experience to last.

Archived