Home

Deaths

Diego Varen

It's a bit sad, but what Characters or anything else in KOTOR, should die in KOTORIII. It should mark the end of KOTOR and it should have a huge impact on the game.

I would like:

Canderous - Mentioned in Returning Characters Thread, he should die in style.

Ebon Hawk - Should get destroyed on the final Planet.

I'll think of more later.

eeek, I hate it when good Characters die, although it can be very necessary to add to the drama and further the plot.

Even though I am a fangirl I realise that if they had left in the death scene of Atton (female pc) in TSL it would have serious impact and given a very powerful ending to KotorII. So even though it would be sad it would have added a "wow" factor that just wasn't there.

I think Revan and the Exile should die heroically saving the Galaxy or defeated horribly for turning to the Dark Side, depending on how you played the game.

This would then given a chance for further characters to continue Kotor or close the door completely.

Hmm...

many important people die in the SW universe, don't they?

I think Candarous should die in style too, like...serving the Exile or Revan one last time in a suiicide mission. That would be cool indeed ^^

Remember, if you destroy the Ebon Hawk, you end the Revan Trilogy. It could be cool, but only if it has a purpose. Maybe T3 flying it into a Starship, thus saving the PC's arse? :)

Personally, i'd like to see the PC die in Kotor 3.

Maybe sacraficing himself to save the ailing republic? It could end with an enormous funeral, and you being hailed as a hero.

(Or put into a Sith Tomb if DS:) )

^

|

|

|

You get my point ^^

They could end the Revan Triology very cool, and with it, start a new one.

It could be cool to visit the grave of the PC from K3 when you're playing a new part. It could realy link the games and make it feel more...'complete' and so on.

^No, our character is just like the normal ones, but has to make a sacrafice at the end.

Example:

Revan has assambled all the (Lightside) Jedi in the unknow regions. They fight a bitter war against the new Sith commandar, and former Revan apprentice 'The Exile.' You as new rookie will be mixed in this events, whether you want it or not. Will you choose Exile and obtain power? Will you choose Revan and choose peace?

The war is slowly destroying the Republic, and it needs to be ended. Then it goes epic ^^

LS: Defeat Exile, end the war, and die doing it.

DS: Kill Revan, and the last hope of the Republic. With your death, you made way for the terror of the Sith.

Just an example...

I catch what you are saying though I was thinking more along the lines of anakin giving his life for his son though that would have to be worked out differently for KOTOR. Canderous will die because I say so but he will do it and bring a legacy of the Mandalorian spirit that will last into the days of the Empire. T3 and HK will be shut down and in hibernation until many, many years later another comes and finds out who they are. Sorry if I seem authoritarian in this but that is my belief.

I'd like to see the end of Darth Revan in a final duel. I believe theirs a lot of secrets to unravel in the KotoR series. I'd like to see Carth returning and being slayed! I hated him, always complaining. But most all, Darth Revan hands down. The true dark lord of the Sith!

I'd personally like Revan to sacrifice himself nobly at the end of the game, for "the greater cause", seeing as that's kinda what he's (or I guess she, if you can choose these types of details again) all about. Even if s/he was Sith - because when s/he was initially the dark lord, s/he still had the bigger picture in mind, always. It would suit him/her well, methinks.

I'd personally like Revan to sacrifice himself nobly at the end of the game, for "the greater cause", seeing as that's kinda what he's (or I guess she, if you can choose these types of details again) all about. Even if s/he was Sith - because when s/he was initially the dark lord, s/he still had the bigger picture in mind, always. It would suit him/her well, methinks.

No Sith is about self-sacrifice. Revan as Sith would be about gaining power for himself and keeping it.

As memorable as it would be for characters to die, I don't like it. I always want to know that even though there won't be any games after kotor 3 that the characters are still alive; that there still could be a possibility to continue. Having that characters die is the ultimate conclusion and I think it would be a little depressing, if not totally dissapointing. A game where the character dies doesn't make me want to play it anymore after I beat it.

is it so hard to believe that a starwars fan could in the not to far future make a sequel to Kotor 3(if it is made). That starwars could be revived and the saga could continue. To kill the characters would officially mean the end of the Kotor series the way we know it. Revan or the Exile must always be out there,,, alive and ready for a potential continuation. That Revan becomes the most unstoppable immortal threat perhaps or the Exile almost causes the death of the force and is 10x greater than Nihilus. It could be!

I would love to see Canderous die. I forsee him and his Mandalorians warriors, allied to the Republic, in a massive space battle with the True Sith. During the battle, Revan is hurt or about to be killed by the True Sith, at which point Canderous sacrifices himself to save Revan. That I would like to see :)

No Sith is about self-sacrifice. Revan as Sith would be about gaining power for himself and keeping it.

In KotOR II though, it is pointed out that even when Revan was the Lord of the Sith, s/he knew (or could sense) the threat of the real Sith, and s/he left many Republic economic and military structures in place, s/he was not out for total domination (like Malak) but was seeking a form of balance, to consequently keep the galaxy "safe". If you already haven't - speak to Go-to about this, he will explain the details (and other various hints are littered throughout the game).

Think about it - if you chose that Revan went DS again in the Jedi Civil War (KotOR 1 story) in KotOR II, s/he still leaves Bastila behind, and takes no-one of whom s/he cares about into the Unknown Regions, and goes to fight these real Sith alone (she says as much in the holocron on Korriban). It's basically a suicide mission. IMO I call that a personal sacrifice, because s/he's more concerned with the safety of the galaxy, than his/her own personal safety. OK, maybe it's just cos s/he wants the galaxy to him/herself (and thus does not want to side or share power with the real Sith, or anyone), but still, s/he is willing to put everything other than him/herself as his/her first priority, so could s/he not die in attempting this? S/he may not realise s/he is about to die for it, but s/he could be all brave etc. nonetheless, and do something extremely risky anyway.

Also, it has already been theoretically suggested that Revan "sacrificied" him/herself by becoming the Dark Lord in the first place, as s/he needed to, in order to be able to mentally understand the true Sith - in preparation - and to give him/her the edge s/he needed to ensure that s/he could make the decisions necessary required in war tactics.

S/he also took a greater understanding of the force from this act.

Remember, s/he is a student of Kreia. Another point in KotOR II seems to be that one cannot truly know the force if just felt from (and limited to) one extreme end of the perpsective - many elements need to be explored to truly weild its full power. Atris is a key example of this. She knew not what she was dealing with (was unprepared) when she horded all the sith holocrons, and thus became tempted and subsequently corrupted by them.

Even so, (someone like Kreia will still say that) afterwards - commiting to one extreme (light or dark) is foolish, still.

I mean, Jolee is considered to be a grey Jedi, but he is still more naturally inclined to be a "good" person. Kreia was also grey, but more evilly inclined.

Revan seems to think on a greater, wider plain to that of the large majority of Sith and Jedi - s/he understands that the galaxy needs balance, and s/he will seemingly do whatever it takes to achieve this.

- Anyone else get this impression from the way (specifically DS) Revan was described in KotOR II? I'm beginning to think that if not - then maybe I read too much into it (and added/linked too many things together in my own mind). :animelol:

I want all the good guys to make it through the danger in just the nick of time and the bad guys to be totally destroyed in one fantastic final epic battle.

A fairy tale ending but rather naive. There has to be some sacrifice on the part of the good guys in order to make the ending worth watching. I apologize if I'm being blunt but not everything is a happy ending. Sometimes the dark must rule in order for light to come and triumph.

Exactly.

And remember:

The two Kotor games had quit an amount of sacrafice too.

It's just to bad that it was cut out most of the time. It would seem un-Starwarsdish to let everyone make it through the end.

We never said it should end with a masacre: That isn't like SW too.

But just...a little Epic twist to end the Revan saga, aight?

• 2 weeks later...

HK-47 can't die, at least not for another 4000 years, since he appears in Galaxies, but I do think someone should sacrifice themselves for the greater good, maybe Revan himself could die for such a cause. Or perhaps they could kill off more major characters than the NJO did, just to show the sheer power of the enemy.

I kind of prefer the type of ending that was done in VtM:Bloodlines... Where if you pick one of the "Good" endings you succeed despite the odds (even though you are manipulated), while the "Evil" endings land you with either a fiery death or watery imprisonment. :)

Leave the misery and sacrifices to those who deserve it for once, and give the Halo-wearers a happy ending. I dislike games ending in an anticlimax. :)

Archived